OP jozco313

15th October 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #661  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 4

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozco313

How is it going with the work with camera driver on CM 11 ? Because it was the smoothest rom i tried on our phone. The MIUI ROM really sucks, i get random restarts also i have wifi promblems (when i turn off and turn on the wifi few times it just keep hanging, only restart helps.) and also other bugs like preffered network , it always switch to 3g preffered and overall MIUI is not so intuitive. The MFUI 3.0 ROM is still very buggy but usable. I Hope the CM11 camera will be fixed soon and then will be our ZTE a beast. THX for the good work Raja and co..

I can confirm wifi problems and after using aprox. 2 hours straight it turn off and only restart helps + in the message apps the keyboard doesnīt rotate. It holds only in horizontal position. In every other apps works well. Otherwise rom works fine
15th October 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #662  
Thanks Meter: 11

71 posts
Guys just use the older version by hasz, I'm using 4.8.15 and no problems at all, wifi working perfectly and no resets no crashes.

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to chetbiz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #663  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Root & Recovery Help
I'm extremely new to the android world and rooting. I finally switched to Android from iphone after reading these forums.
I purchased the ZTE S291, It has
Android 4.3 ,
build version: ZTE_Grand_S_II_LTEV1.0.0B07
Kernel Version: 3.4.0
I am running windows 7. I have tried multiple times to run the Root and recovery file from Josco.
I downloaded the file okay, ran as administrator. I installed the proper ZTE ADB Drivers using JoinME, windows even popped up and said ADB installed successfully. I also checked in device manager for the driver associated with the Android device.
I run the Root options first, my phone cuts off but never restarts, I also turned off my firewall in case it blocked anything.
The phone is in debugging mode and the connection is "Connect to PC software"

I don't know what else to do and any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I can't get this root & recovery to work, what are the alternatives?

Thanks in advance,
17th October 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #664  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullertr89

I'm extremely new to the android world and rooting. I finally switched to Android from iphone after reading these forums.
Android 4.3 ,
I am running windows 7. I have tried multiple times to run the Root and recovery file from Josco.
I downloaded the file okay, ran as administrator. I installed the proper ZTE ADB Drivers using JoinME, windows even popped up and said ADB installed successfully. I also checked in device manager for the driver associated with the Android device.
I run the Root options first, my phone cuts off but never restarts, I also turned off my firewall in case it blocked anything.

Thanks in advance,

When your phone goes into that sleep state after you first clicked on root or recovery then you need to install the proper drivers again. I suppose when you are at that state and your device is in sleep mode look in your device manager again, there will be something like "unknown android device". So once you are done with that and everything is properly recognized re-run the recovery file from Josco and it will work for sure. Try not to click on the boxes that pop up during the root/recovery process.

If it still doesn't work maybe you can try the PDAnet ADB drivers perhaps that will work.
The Following User Says Thank You to RAWSOME For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #665  
Flag Nanning
Thanks Meter: 33

379 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullertr89

Android 4.3 ,

Thanks in advance,

I had this problem before. The phone turned off and then nothing happened. Then I solved it with a software that runs on computer called “Driver Master( it's a Chinses software)” which installed the driver correctly to my computer. I suggest you to reinstall the ADB driver if the phone went out of response. Close the firewall and every security software while rooting your phone, those may stops the driver to find your phone. And if the problem still exsits, using another computer to do it is highly recommanded.
Last edited by 我顶你个肺隔膜; 18th October 2014 at 12:50 AM.
18th October 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #666  
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 35

93 posts
More
MIUI V6
Hi folks , there is a new MIUI v6 ROM out for our device.I donīt tested it by now. There is no buglist so you must find out it by your self.
It has also built in google services.

You can download it here (very slow):

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnGSJdd

MIRROR:
http://www.speedyshare.com/mEn5n/miu....10.18-4.4.zip

Last edited by jozco313; 18th October 2014 at 01:30 PM.
18th October 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #667  
Flag Guangzhou
Thanks Meter: 53

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozco313

Hi folks , there is a new MIUI v6 ROM out for our device.I donīt tested it by now. There is no buglist so you must find out it by your self.
It has also built in google services.

You can download it here (very slow):

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnGSJdd

The developer said it is not MIUI6, so it's just a MIUI6 theme.

MIUI6 will not come out until November

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread