[REF][GPE] HTC One M8 Google Play Edition Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

Punira

Dec 30, 2010
Chromecast issu

Does anyone have issue with casting their screen? I can't see my device under cast screen.

Aug 18, 2011
Toronto
Hi everyone,

I am stuck and would appreciate some help here. I tried enabling S-Off on my M8 but firewater does not work on my device, so instead of installing the GPE RUU, I had to settle (for now) for the stock GPE ROM (v4.4.3). When I flashed that rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2706441), as soon as I installed it, it says version 4.4.4 is available to download, but when i click on it, it does not apply the update (it boots into my bootloader - TWRP), but does not apply anything (I know my CID is not the correct one - but I cannot change it since I cannot get S-Off to work - the worst luck I could have). Anyway, I read the forum (somewhat) and tried to flash the latest update manually (through TWRP), but it gives an error - it says it could not "stat" build.prop and just crashes after that. Is there any advice someone can give me to actually install this update? Or is there any alternative to getting 4.4.4 on my M8? Thank you!

Parichay

EDIT: Just a thought, coming from a noob, do you think that if someone on 4.4.3 GPE can post a "build.prop" file (which can be successfully upgraded to 4.4.4), and if I were to replace mine with this (downloaded) one, do you think that would have a chance of working? If so, can someone please post it so I can give it a try? I am open to any other solution also. Thank you.

You will never get an OTA to work without:
1) stock Google recovery
2) matching CID (MID is not necessary)
3) unmodified build.prop
4) unmodified system partition (root and su are USUALLY fine)

All of the above require S-Off, which you can use Sunshine for since firewater didn't work. I did this all last week on my international m8, and it worked perfectly. Good luck :)

angel.de.marc

Jun 15, 2010
Dallas, TX
I bought the M8 GPE in May and I've been running SinLess Rom, which was tweaked to fit on the partition that came on M8 GPE. I unlocked the bootloader, did S-OFF and installed Philz Touch Recovery for the M8.

My problem is I want to go back to Stock Android.

My question is can I just flash one of these or is it the process more complicated? And if it is, any help would be appreciated.

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
Hi guys...i have a m8 tmobile rooted soff running viper rom...is there away for me to make it into a gpe? Any help?

Sent from my LG G3.

jmkhenka

Jun 1, 2009
YES!

Expect andorid l in the comming weeks from the 5.0/Lollipop announcement.

No point getting Nexus 6 now that GPE phones will be at par with it at the time of shipping of N6.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

"Android 5.0 Lollipop, which comes on Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player, will also be available on Nexus 5, 7, 10 and Google Play edition devices in the coming weeks."

From the official blog.

xthetobsl

Oct 16, 2014
So if I just transform my HTC sense 6 to a GPE I can get the Lollipop Update next week as OTA right?
And now the question do I need the super CID or not?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

rafael.trad

Oct 8, 2014
If you have super CID at the time you try to update from OTA it will fail. You shoul use one of the CID's the op provided.
The CID for the GPE is GOOGL001

xthetobsl

Oct 16, 2014

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Always be optimistic or you will be not happy so you can be prepared to be dissappointed :D

The L final otas are heading out around the 1st half of nov for the 2013 n7 wifi and n10,
2nd half of nov for the n4/5/2012 n7/2013 n7 lte

The NP/n6/n9 will likely get their otas before they actually arrive, as they likely ship with prerelease roms.
(the n4/10 and newer all ship with prerelease roms as the hardware is ready for launch, but the roms are only ready a week before preorder.
They have to put something on them before that for manufacturing)

We dont know when android one or wear will get it, though it would be very surprising if they dont. It's just a case of when.
The gpes generally get it around a few weeks at least after the nexii, so you're looking at around christmas/holiday for those.

Or you could buy google and htc and tell them to drop everything else to get this ota out faster.

derWolf_

Nov 13, 2012
The L final otas are heading out around the 1st half of nov for the 2013 n7 wifi and n10,
2nd half of nov for the n4/5/2012 n7/2013 n7 lte

The NP/n6/n9 will likely get their otas before they actually arrive, as they likely ship with prerelease roms.
(the n4/10 and newer all ship with prerelease roms as the hardware is ready for launch, but the roms are only ready a week before preorder.
They have to put something on them before that for manufacturing)

We dont know when android one or wear will get it, though it would be very surprising if they dont. It's just a case of when.
The gpes generally get it around a few weeks at least after the nexii, so you're looking at around christmas/holiday for those.

Or you could buy google and htc and tell them to drop everything else to get this ota out faster.
Although what you said makes sense I disagree :)
Many sources said that the L update is going to come on 3 Nov for all nexus devices, following or parallel to them the GPE devices will get the update as well. To me that means that by mid November we should have official Lollipop updated for the GPE M8. Adding to that one or two days porting for the regular version and you are facing circa 3 weeks waiting time:p

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010

Source: Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) And Nexus 10 Will Drop On Nov. 3rd, Other Devices Later In November
Posted by David Ruddock in News, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Nexus 7 2013

They outright state that it's being staged, while there is ambiguity on when the factory images are coming out, the otas for the non wifi nexii will at least be midway into nov. And given how otas themselves are staged, unless you're manually updating you could potentially not see the ota till the end of the month, regardless of if it's a wifi or non wifi nexii.

The gpes have always lagged at least a few days behind nexus otas, and that's just on having a rom compiled. It's the fact that gpes are not staged that makes the gap not look as wide as it actually is. If gpes were staged like nexii were, it could take all the way till 2015 to get the ota.

Top Liked Posts