OP hecatae

13th August 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
Flash via cwm
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootednodedev

This device was purchased on ebay. The only thing I have really done is use the zte upgrade tool in windows to flash and obtain root, now I have a feeling that this is my problem.

Try flashing clockwordmod.
You can disable signing verifycation on cwm.
14th August 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #42  

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboulet

Alright, So I flashed Android on my Open C with the provided archives. Works fairly well, better than FFOS 1.3 IMHO. Sure, there were no gapps and I did install gapps on the phone but they kept crashing. I removed the gapps and tried again and again the gapps would install but crash. So I removed them again. I thought about it and then it hit me, when my Open C was running FFOS I never used gapps, the only thing I did was have my gmail account setup in the email application. Well, you can easily setup gmail in the default mail application. I ditched the gapps idea once I realized this, installed the Amazon app store and have been really happy with that.

I flashed gapps with vampirefo's recovery and it works perfectly.
Did you flash the correct version?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rompip

I have tried rooting the ZTE Open C with Geohot's new Root Tool, but doesn't work. After making it rain it confirmed that phone would reboot, however I only get a white screen and can only pull battery...
Any other experiance?

Try flashing SuperSu with clockworkmod.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefo

I just got my ZTE open C today, installed kitkat, rooted then install gapps, now going to setup dual boot with firefox

Could you please tell me how to set up dual boot?
14th August 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 150

425 posts
Search Google for vampirefo dual boot, you will find several guides that explains how to dual boot android.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk
The Following User Says Thank You to vampirefo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #44  

14 posts
More
Cyanogenmod 11 is available!
Works great.
http://www.modaco.com/topic/373214-d...-open-c-kis-3/

You need to install his cwm port. Doesnt work with vampirefo's.
Last edited by GamblerTobi; 18th August 2014 at 02:27 PM.
1st September 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
When attempting to flash these zips from recovery I am getting signature verifification failed. I have verified the files are intact but still am unable to flash these.
comprarbaratosmoviles.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core-venta-barata
movilesbaratoschinos.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core
11th September 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #46  

4 posts
Exclamation Verification fails always
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugjugg

When attempting to flash these zips from recovery I am getting signature verifification failed. I have verified the files are intact but still am unable to flash these.
comprarbaratosmoviles.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core-venta-barata
movilesbaratoschinos.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core

You have to go around in circles and jump through monkey hoops to get any files to flash without verification failed. That is why I stopped flashing and just went back to stock Firefox OS. and before someone replies: " you have to use custom clockwork recovery to flash" . This is wrong because I was using clockwork recovery and also had flashed clockwork recovery and the files always failed verification. Even when I wanted to flash the GAPPS or SuperSU to Kitkat, with custom recovery it said verification failed. It was driving me crazy . Only thing I remember that might have worked, is deleting dalvik cache then doing a hard reboot but I can't verify for sure. Android support is very bad on this phone.

EDIT: I found out the problem probably was caused by a Chinese virus on my SD Card. It was making all my files corrupted. After I formatted the SD Card now I can flash files.
Last edited by AK0; 22nd September 2014 at 03:11 PM.
12th September 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 150

425 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK0

You have to go around in circles and jump through monkey hoops to get any files to flash without verification failed. That is why I stopped flashing and just went back to stock Firefox OS. and before someone replies: " you have to use custom clockwork recovery to flash" . This is wrong because I was using clockwork recovery and also had flashed clockwork recovery and the files always failed verification. Even when I wanted to flash the GAPPS or SuperSU to Kitkat, with custom recovery it said verification failed. It was driving me crazy . Only thing I remember that might have worked, is deleting dalvik cache then doing a hard reboot but I can't verify for sure. Android support is very bad on this phone.

First of all you are quoting a bot try to advertise "Star Z2 android 4.2 MTK6592", which is funny that you didn't know that.

Second cwm doesn't check signatures also funny you didn't know that, no one can help you, as you don't know the difference between cwm recovery and stock recovery.
4th October 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #48  

1 posts
Hi I have a problem with the vampirefo rom. I've patched it for modem problems but I've noticed that camera is not working and there's no camera app. I've installed the camera app from google but no luck the camera is not found by the app.
My ZTE open C is certainly different from the ebay one (I'm french).
I know that the firefox os 1.4 and 2.0 roms from vampirefo resolved the camera problems for this os , I'm sure he has the solution for android.
Any help?
18th October 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #49  

6 posts
Gallery Camara crash
You need to reinstal googles cam and gallery and it will work ok. Other option is, as you have it already rooted, instal original android, and then last supersu and gaaps and eveything works. I have done the last and crashes less than with vamps rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread