Tracker Discounts Helps You Find Good Deals on Steam

If you’re a PC gamer, you’re undoubtedly well familiar with Steam. This … more

Sony Extends AOSP Project to the Xperia Z3

While most OEMs simply don’t care about the custom ROM community, others are doing an … more

How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

How do I put wifi chip into monitor mode on Samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0

OP androidhacker007

26th April 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

61 posts
Ok I am starting to understand, I went to the bcmon blog and found tje section for other phones. The first link is broken but the second step for porting bcmon was to build a KO (.ko file) and use Cyangenmod. Does any one know how to build a .ko file and if you know about the broken link for the source and have the file that was in the broken link that would be awsome.

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
29th July 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Samsung Tab3 bcmon monitor mode
Hello im newbie with android i search for Wifi Reaver a solution there make monitor mode .
Can anywhere say me are there possible and howto make it.
I found only Bcmon but there not funktion please say me are this possible or not
thank for my bad bad english
29th July 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by montimen

Hello im newbie with android i search for Wifi Reaver a solution there make monitor mode .
Can anywhere say me are there possible and howto make it.
I found only Bcmon but there not funktion please say me are this possible or not
thank for my bad bad english

OK It was a little difficult to understand you, so correct me if I am wrong but you want to be able to put your WiFi chip in monitor mode and use WiFi reaver. But bcmon isn't working.

I need to know what device u using
(PS. You better be rooted or bcmon wouldn't work any way no matter what)

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th October 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:

Does any one know how to build a .ko file and if you know about the broken link for the source and have the file that was in the broken link that would be awsome.

Howdy [androidhacker007]

Hope this helps, building a Kernel Module (.KO) file is not so bad. When you download the Google AOSP Source Code using the Google walk-through here: (Err. XDA won't let me post a link, so this is less helpful) but Google: "Initializing a Build Environment Android" (I recommend maybe a Ubuntu VM to make your life easier.) Then the driver you will be interested in building for this project would be the Broadcom Dongle Host Driver or DHD.KO located at drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/... directory. Read the "README_Kernel.txt" in the base directory of the AOSP when you are ready to compile. Any execution of "make" in the root directory will also make the kernel modules, but you can also execute "make modules" from the root dir. to build just the kernel modules.

You should note some phones now do not build kernel modules anymore, but rather they compile them directly into the kernel image. This is easily reverted by adjusting your KConfig file and finding the module you want (BCM4330) and set it to (M) instead of (Y).

As for the BCMON code, you should checkout their SVN I would post a link but XDA is being restrictive and damn annoying

If there is interest I could write a walk-through about doing this but I feel like it is already written somewhere.

I have faith, go forth into the kernel driver and see what you can find.
Last edited by theqlabs; 18th October 2014 at 06:25 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread