MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Discussion] HTC ONE E8 - General/Varied topics

OP MOSTAFA MOHAMED

18th September 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 13

177 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydk

My friend wants to buy the E8 white version. But in few reviews, it is said that white has silver finish on the front, which does not look so good.
He does not mind the glossiness. Can someone tell me if the white looks good? I havent had a chance to look at it personally.
Does white with silver look odd? Or it looks classy? Please comment

The silver part is just like 1/10 of the front part. To the eye, it even looks whitish unless u pay attention to it only
18th September 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #12  
Flag Belém, PA
Thanks Meter: 0

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algus Helm

I'm thinking in buying a E8 but I got a question to who got one:

Does the E8 have under language settings the Portuguese Brazil (pt-br) option?

Thanks in advance!

If you understand English I really recommend this phone... I'm from Belém. Very satisfied
18th October 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Ambiguity- HTC one E8 vs Moto X vs Nexus 5
Hey Guys,
I want to buy a phone and am confused between HTC E8 and Nexus 5 and Moto X. Price wise Moto X is similar to HTC E8, however nexus 5 i can get at around 5k lower price than the other two.
I am greatly fascinated by HTC one E8 features and want to buy the phone. Most of my friends who use this says that HTC doesn't upgrade the OS and the best you can have with E8 is Android L. However for google supported phones such issue will not arise. Can you guys help me with your experience with HTC phones and how important is the OS upgrade.
18th October 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 6

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meet_91

Hey Guys,
I want to buy a phone and am confused between HTC E8 and Nexus 5 and Moto X. Price wise Moto X is similar to HTC E8, however nexus 5 i can get at around 5k lower price than the other two.
I am greatly fascinated by HTC one E8 features and want to buy the phone. Most of my friends who use this says that HTC doesn't upgrade the OS and the best you can have with E8 is Android L. However for google supported phones such issue will not arise. Can you guys help me with your experience with HTC phones and how important is the OS upgrade.

Wow, you're lucky! Moto X is not available where I live, and the Nexus 5 costs as much as the E8...

All of the devices you mention will run any apps just fine, so the difference lies in the UI. Do you prefer Android L to Sense? If you do, get the X or N5. I like Sense a lot and even think it looks better than L in some regards. My experience with this phone has been quite pleasant, apart from the sound...

I think E8 is similar enough to M8, so maybe it'll get the same treatment as M8 regarding OTA updates. That said, I've only received one OTA update, and haven't got the Eye Experience OTA yet. Someone from my country has ported some ROMs from the M8 to E8, but hasn't released them. I hope that we'll get ported ROMs soon. I won't use them anyway, but other users may benefit from them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread