Thread Closed

[DISCONTINUED][ROM+KERNEL][4.4.4] Stable CyanogenMod 11 [October 11, 2014][Nightlies]

OP Sultanxda

18th October 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #561  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
@Sultanxda
ah damn man . . .
Your work is the only reason I've got 4.4 permanently installed on my Skyrocket. Proper usb support, working Bluetooth, smooth and fast.
Best of luck with your future endevours.
18th October 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #562  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 42

120 posts
More
Don't let one guy make you throw in the towel. As many have said here, we appreciate your work on this. I for one would have replaced my skyrocket long ago if it wasn't for this ROM/Kernel. I like to test other ROM's but this is my DD and selfishly would like to keep getting updates

Either way, if you do discontinue it, good luck in whatever you do!
Last edited by Stryke_the_Orc; 18th October 2014 at 07:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xonelith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #563  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 121

149 posts
More
It's a sad day... None of the other ROM came close to working as well as yours, the guys a jerk. You have a large thank you to everyone else in the OP.

Truly a sad day...
The Following User Says Thank You to technoid1964 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #564  
Flag Roanoke, VA
Thanks Meter: 11

38 posts
More
Welllll, that's unfortunate. I'd like to thank you again for your work and as others have said making this old device hang in there a while longer.

While I hope you change your mind about open-source development, we all have to respect your decision. Based on your age and that I get a feeling you're planning to make a career out of programming, I suspect you have a bright future ahead.

Don't let the opinion of others knock you off track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to tsew2674 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #565  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 110

353 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxboarderxx

@SoCalHTCFuze Any chance you can provide the 9/27 nightly again since the development of this had been discontinued? Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm uploading the 9/9/2014 and 9/27/2014 to the nightlies folder right now. I believe the 9/27 reflects the culmination of SultanXDA's fine "Fully Functional" work before CyanogenMod made changes that seem to be affecting GPS. I haven't compared 9/9 to 9/27 but it may be either more gps stable or the same. I do not have the original MD5's on either of these files. I am leaving my Skyrocket on 9/27 moving forward.

EDIT: I post generated MD5's for the two files.

As long as SultanXDA keeps his github available I will continue to build occasional nightlies in the hope that CM's GPS affecting commit was a fluke and they revert as well as to include whatever is new which I expect to be minimal now that the focus is Lollipop.
Last edited by SoCalHTCFuze; 18th October 2014 at 06:59 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoCalHTCFuze For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #566  
Thanks Meter: 102

344 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHTCFuze

I'm uploading the 9/9/2014 and 9/27/2014 to the nightlies folder right now. I believe the 9/27 reflects the culmination of SultanXDA's fine "Fully Functional" work before CyanogenMod made changes that seem to be affecting GPS. I haven't compared 9/9 to 9/27 but it may be either more gps stable or the same. I do not have MD5 on either of these files. I am leaving my Skyrocket on 9/27 moving forward.

As long as SultanXDA keeps his github available I will continue to build occasional nightlies in the hope that CM's GPS affecting commit was a fluke and they revert as well as to include whatever is new which I expect to be minimal now that the focus is Lollipop.

That sounds fantastic. Thank you so much SoCal.
18th October 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #567  
Thanks Meter: 36

248 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHTCFuze

I'm uploading the 9/9/2014 and 9/27/2014 to the nightlies folder right now. I believe the 9/27 reflects the culmination of SultanXDA's fine "Fully Functional" work before CyanogenMod made changes that seem to be affecting GPS. I haven't compared 9/9 to 9/27 but it may be either more gps stable or the same. I do not have MD5 on either of these files. I am leaving my Skyrocket on 9/27 moving forward.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I will download them tonight!

Cheers
X

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th October 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #568  
Flag North Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 10

54 posts
More
I say, chet is pretty funny. He says he quit xda because of the drama and overreacting. All in a rant that's quite dramatic and overreacting.

robnw using i727r
18th October 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #569  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 110

353 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnw

I say, chet is pretty funny. He says he quit xda because of the drama and overreacting. All in a rant that's quite dramatic and overreacting.

My thoughts exactly!
18th October 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #570  
Forum Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 7,088

6,070 posts
More
Since development is halted, and this thread is turning into a bash fest, thread is closed until such time as development continues.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread