Nexus 10 (Manta) Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

OP demkantor

17th October 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #81  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,524

1,874 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex

@BillHay did you use a custom kernel? Out of the box the Nexus 10 does not support USB otg.
@everyone Does anyone have a mirror for the latest Factory image (ktu84p) it is downloading insanely slow for me. I'll appreciate it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

Factory Images "mantaray" for Nexus 10

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #82  
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 298

1,027 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Factory Images "mantaray" for Nexus 10

Thx Josh

Thanks, I know where to get it. But I meant if anyone had a alternate link because downloading from the official site is terribly slow. So maybe someone downloaded it and uploaded to dropbox or something

17th October 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #83  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,524

1,874 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex

Thanks, I know where to get it. But I meant if anyone had a alternate link because downloading from the official site is terribly slow. So maybe someone downloaded it and uploaded to dropbox or something

I am sure these files are not redistribute-able ....

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Reply to mrgnex re dongle question
mrgnex
I am still trying to get all the android language straight so accept my apologies if I miss something.
It is my understanding that out of the box means the software that was installed when I got the tablet. This table came with 4.4.2 (I think) which I eventually upgraded to 4.4.4 after I bricked (in my language trashed) the tablet while trying to get root privileges . It has been some time since I went through the process of fixing and rooting the tablet and at this time I am not sure exactly what I did. I believe I used mantaray-ktu84p-factory-74e52998. I believe this is a custom kernel as it allows me to root my tablet. I do have this file on my pc and can email it to you if you want.

As I said in my original post, I am able to connect my PC to my tablet via a USB cable when I'm using Linux. I cannot get XP to connect. It appears to be some problem the MTP function -driver.
18th October 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 12

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillHay

Problem:
Need to use 3g on my Nexus 10.
I have WIFI turned off. I can't make a connection with the dongle. Blue light is flashing on the dongle but can't find it listed in the Settings - Devices section, so I don't know if the tablet even knows that the dongle is connected. I have an authorized Telcel chip (I live in Mexico) installed in the dongle.

Could be wrong here, but I have not installed PPP as I assume it needs a proper connection to a working dongle to implement a proper installation???

I have searched and read many threads re. getting a 3G connection using dongles. So much of what is written is for other tablets - devices and/or for other dongles. Based on these inputs, I am assuming that the fix to my problem is a new kernel (boot.img????) that provides drivers for the E173. I assume drivers need to be compatible with Manta 4.4.4 build.
Possibly there is a generic Huawei driver?? If this is my problem and if anyone knows the exact file I need for my Nexus 10 and my specific dongle, I would appreciate that info.

Specs
Nexus 10 with Manta 4.4.4 build.
Kernel version 3.4.39-gd52af31 Fri Mar 21 2014
Build KTU84P

I have root priviledges (rooted), fastboot and adb.
I use Linux Mint 17 to interface with the tablet.
I'm new to Linux but can use terminal and enter code. I am an experienced programmer in windows

Venting
I can't understand why Google would design a mobile device without providing an easy method for accessing 3g. Also getting root privildges should be a simple built in process. Enough with the venting!!!

Install this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1998585 and then install the app pppwidget Which you can find in the play store. This worked beautifully for although with a zte modem. But the kernel that comes with the ROM supports a number of modems out of the box so I would say its worth a shot. Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread