Car install discussion thread

OP flyboy1100

17th October 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #201  
Thanks Meter: 38

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikrox

Hey guys i recently got my ironlight nexus 7 parts, and hooked all together.

However im getting static/crackling noise when im in idle

Im getting some new cables today. Im changing some. Because if you see, the cable that goes into the headphone port, gets split a lot before going into the ground loop isolator. Im just going to get a decent 3.5mm jack to rca connector. and plug it straight into the ground loop.

I tried also turning the volume down on the amp, that made the static quieter but its still there.

Anyone know what can be causing this. I tried putting the ground loop isolator away from everything else.

i had the same issue. but you can treat this the same as you would any car stereo. and in that sense you can remove a loop by just grounding the ground side of the rca's (the ground is the outer metal of the rca plug) i tried showing the part in the picture provided. but either way try just grounded that with a piece of wire first and see if it removes the wine. if it does find a permanent way of grounding it. (i soldered a wire onto my rca)

do not worry this is perfectly safe and is used to remove wine on normal stereos in the exact same way. as shown in this thread: http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/he...whine-how.html

dont solder it right away, try it first with a random piece of wire before doing any soldering
Last edited by darkmage1991; 17th October 2014 at 05:43 PM.
19th October 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #202  
Flag San Rafael, CA
Thanks Meter: 14

118 posts
More
I've got Media Monkey Pro, a ProClip base, 1Tb (yes terabyte) self powered drive to store the flac music, otg cables, a Hoo Too otg hub, inverter, ground isolator, and a Dice/Audiovox Media Bridge in my M3. I've got a huge display for Waze and Media Monkey and nearly endless music. Modern tech is awesome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread