Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

★[ROM] [STOCK] N900TUVUDNF9 | 4.4.2 | Deodexed | CIQ Free | KNOX Free | 9.17.2014 ☆

OP jovy23

16th October 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #441  
Flag Miami, Fl
Thanks Meter: 355

1,926 posts
Need some help guys. I've had this installed for a good two weeks with no problems. In the middle of the day I accidentally opened Audible and immediately click back to close it. At that moment I got the following two messages:

1) "Unfortunately, VolteConfigurationMenu has stopped." --- this one happens maybe 10 times back to back upon rebooting phone, then it stops until next reboot. Once these messages stop showing up, the phone finishes loading and icons appear and I get signal bars. While the messages are appearing, I get a no signal icon.

2) "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." - this one keeps popping up constantly, i can't use the phone for more than 15 seconds at a time without it popping up. I can still use it for everything, messages come in, music plays, phone calls work, so what is broken?

I have already tried:

1) wiping cache and dalvik
2) re-flashing the rom to fix the [somehow corrupted] install
3) restoring Android ID on Titanium Backup to one I know is correct

No difference. For the first time in all the years I've been flashing things on Android, the recovery is throwing all kinds of errors, so I'm not even sure if it's properly wiping and/or installing. It seems like it can't access /data. I can access it fine from inside the ROM, and Titanium Backup and SuperSU say I have full root.

So, what the hell happened? And how can I possibly fix this? thank you!

EDIT: So found something that doesn't work. Play Store opens, so i see the categories and icons. I get two of the android.process.media errors, and after I click OK to the second error, Play Store closes. So I can't download updates, etc.
Last edited by Max_Pain; 16th October 2014 at 06:08 PM.
16th October 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #442  
Flag Little Ferry
Thanks Meter: 2,524

3,759 posts
More
Ate you using xposed? What recovery and version?
16th October 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #443  
Flag Miami, Fl

1,926 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshafranko

Ate you using xposed? What recovery and version?

Nothing other than this rom is installed. I've debloated, but that's it.

Using the latest TeamWin Recovery, I think 2.8.0.1 but can't check right now.

Like i said, this didn't come about after me messing with things. A solid two weeks of no problems. Now this. Apparently can't open my gallery now either.
16th October 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #444  
Flag Little Ferry

3,759 posts
More
May be sd card related. You may have corrupted it somehow. I would back it up and format it as a start.
16th October 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #445  
Flag Miami, Fl

1,926 posts
Nope. I removed the Micro SD Card and rebooted, same thing. Went into Recovery to try and Fix Permissions....got "Failed."

Unable to stat /data/data/com.appslight.flappywear/app_webview
Unable to stat /data/log/setupwizard.txt
[and a bunch of other unable ot stat in /data/data/com.sec.android.voltesettings/files/]
Unable to chmod /data/data/com.samsung.android.app.galaxyfinder/shared_prefs/pref_package.xml

I get those same errors no matter what I try to do in recovery.
16th October 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #446  
Flag Little Ferry

3,759 posts
More
I think i would Odin backto stock and see how things are, then try.
The Following User Says Thank You to sshafranko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #447  
Flag Miami, Fl

1,926 posts
this is a ridiculous situation.

Here's what I've tried:

1) wipe dalvik and cache
2) flash the sd card fix zip
3) fix permissions
4) dirty flash same rom over existing install
5) completely wipe phone and install rom
6) odin install without wiping first
7) oding install after wiping everything
8) changing recovery to the one I had for nearly a year without problem
9) wipe everything and restore nandroid backup from prior Android version rom I had

with various wiping/rebooting attempts in between. No matter what, whether on "Stock", old nandroid, or new flash of this rom, I get the same two errors, along with UIDs are unstable.

Remember I had also removed the SD card and tried without it, no difference. I've tried several things to no avail also once inside the rom, like disable play store, force closing and cleaning out media storage. nothing.

i can't open the play store, so I can't install titanium backup to even try to restore my files. I can't download it from the internet, when the download prompt would come up, it force closes. I can't open my gallery, although the images are there if i navigate to them with a file explorer.

I have been able to "Successfully" install the rom from the internal store and the sd card, and both times same result. probably because during install it says "/data" and stops at that point, so presumably it's not installing everything.

I've also tried fixing permissions, re-rooting from inside recovery. not a damn thing.

in all these years of using and modifying android devices, this is the first time I have felt hopeless and out of my depth. I have seriously ****ed up with devices via overclocking and modifying system files in the past, but nothing that a clean wipe + install, or an odin install, wouldn't fix.

this one blows my mind. is it a hardware failure? I want to get the Note 4, but was kinda waiting for the Note Edge. And can I even do the JUMP thing with the phone in this condition?
The Following User Says Thank You to Max_Pain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #448  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Pain

Here's what I've tried:

1) wipe dalvik and cache
3) fix permissions
9) wipe everything and restore nandroid backup from prior Android version rom I had

with various wiping/rebooting attempts in between. No matter what, whether on "Stock", old nandroid, or new flash of this rom, I get the same two errors, along with UIDs are unstable.

Remember I had also removed the SD card and tried without it, no difference. I've tried several things to no avail also once inside the rom, like disable play store, force closing and cleaning out media storage. nothing.

i can't open the play store, so I can't install titanium backup to even try to restore my files. I can't download it from the internet, when the download prompt would come up, it force closes. I can't open my gallery, although the images are there if i navigate to them with a file explorer.

I have been able to "Successfully" install the rom from the internal store and the sd card, and both times same result. probably because during install it says "/data" and stops at that point, so presumably it's not installing everything.

I've also tried fixing permissions, re-rooting from inside recovery. not a damn thing.

in all these years of using and modifying android devices, this is the first time I have felt hopeless and out of my depth. I have seriously ****ed up with devices via overclocking and modifying system files in the past, but nothing that a clean wipe + install, or an odin install, wouldn't fix.

this one blows my mind. is it a hardware failure? I want to get the Note 4, but was kinda waiting for the Note Edge. And can I even do the JUMP thing with the phone in this condition?

Sounds like maybe, but I'll ask anyways. Have you done a full odin back to stock everything and tried it? Even if it doesn't solve your problem it gets you to where you can jump or replace it on insurance.

Always thank those who are helpful...and just ignore those who aren't.
Last edited by tdgillihan; 17th October 2014 at 06:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdgillihan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #449  
Flag Little Ferry

3,759 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Pain

Here's what I've tried:

1) wipe dalvik and cache
3) fix permissions

Man i give you credit for being patient enough to try all those things. I'm sure your patients are running out of they haven't already. I think by now i would have flashed a kernel made for a different device so the phone cannot boot and returned it. I feel bad man, i don't know what else to tell you. Sounds like you may have a corrupted data partition or something like it. You need someone with a bit more experience to help you with this one. Sry bud

Try pming Jovy, maybe
Last edited by sshafranko; 17th October 2014 at 12:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sshafranko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #450  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 75

331 posts
Just to make sure, did you Odin back to NF9 and not an earlier firmware, before reinstalling this ROM?

Damn, I hope you get this fixed!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread