[Q] Still Stuck On 4.1.2 Uzbekistan Note 2

OP cypherlwind

25th May 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 1

90 posts
Hi,

I wonder if my Note 2 will be offered a taste of 4.4.2 KitKat? My phone had been stuck on 4.1.2 for ages. Could someone please advice? Many thanks!
25th May 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 51

219 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherlwind

My phone had been stuck on 4.1.2 for ages.

Have you tried searching sammobile.com for the latest firmware in your area?
Or you could try custom roms from the development area. ^.^
Goodluck.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th May 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

54 posts
Try latest rom from sammobile or custom one from forum. Its france rpm but it will work on your area too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
30th May 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Penang

90 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by drker

Try latest rom from sammobile or custom one from forum. Its france rpm but it will work on your area too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi,

I would prefer to permanently change the CSC so I could update firmware through KIEW in the future. Actually I live in Cambodia, the shop I bought this phone cheated me said that phone is warranty set. Then only I found out it is not. I am so pissed that my phone is stuck with 4.1.2 till now that is why I would like to have the CSC changed. Can someone please help me guide me step by step on how to do it. My phone is non rooted. Also I attach my phone current CSC (check through CheckFus App). Many thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-30-16-31-08.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	2770876  
31st May 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 90

921 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherlwind

Hi,

I would prefer to permanently change the CSC so I could update firmware through KIEW in the future. Actually I live in Cambodia, the shop I bought this phone cheated me said that phone is warranty set. Then only I found out it is not. I am so pissed that my phone is stuck with 4.1.2 till now that is why I would like to have the CSC changed. Can someone please help me guide me step by step on how to do it. My phone is non rooted. Also I attach my phone current CSC (check through CheckFus App). Many thanks in advance.

Flash indian firmware. They are the first to get updates.
And when updating from 4.1.2 to 4.3 or 4.4.2 you should make a factory reset in recovery because they change storage location.
For best result after a flash i recommend you make a backup of your internal memory and flash the Indian firmware then make a factory reset.

Sent from my ks01lte using Tapatalk
1st June 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Penang

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91

Flash indian firmware. They are the first to get updates.
And when updating from 4.1.2 to 4.3 or 4.4.2 you should make a factory reset in recovery because they change storage location.
For best result after a flash i recommend you make a backup of your internal memory and flash the Indian firmware then make a factory reset.

Sent from my ks01lte using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have some doubts:

1) I still remember I saw some post stating that after flashing a stock rom, factory reset will change the CSC?
2 Is Chinese language available on India firmware?

Many thanks!
Last edited by cypherlwind; 1st June 2014 at 10:14 AM.
19th October 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Update
Hi
I bought note 2 GT-N7100 from Dubai... but i Reside in India... and i don recive any system updates here....please help
wen i got the phone it had 4.2 jelly bean... later i waited for 8 months yet no update had come so i gave my cell to a cousin whos working in dubai and there it got a 4.3 update..... now again my phone is in India... and i dont recieve any updates..... i contacted the Indian samsung service centers but they said its not possible to update your phone from here....as you have purchased from different country..... now when i contacted Dubai samsung Support they asked me for IMEI no....and when i provied that they said that your Device is not registered in our country its of Uzbekistan so you contact them.... they said wen cant help u if u need to update u need to update it frm the region wer u hv purchased it.....
can any tell me how can i update my firmware without traveling to uzbekistan and without rooting it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread