OP hardslog

Announcement from hardslog: Grimlock Kernel added to DevDB
17th October 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #531  
Thanks Meter: 88

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsw11

Thanks, I started out using Omni with various xposed modules to do my customizing. Have you tried or compared the 2 ROMS?
Does the BeanStalk work with xposed and does it have multi-window support?

I prefer Beanstalk over Omni for the ME301T. XPosed is built-in; you can find it under "settings/beanstalk options/display and animation". It does not have multi-window, but it does have floating mode which can be launched from the notification tray. The included kernel runs great as is.
The Following User Says Thank You to shawnbrennan55 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #532  
Thanks Meter: 27

326 posts
More
What is the difference GRIMLOCK_tf300_tf201_4.0.zip and LINARO version???
18th October 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #533  
Thanks Meter: 88

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegaz-7

What is the difference GRIMLOCK_tf300_tf201_4.0.zip and LINARO version???

Same code, different compiler. They both work great. The Linaro version seems to be a bit snappier.
18th October 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #534  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 33

690 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnbrennan55

I prefer Beanstalk over Omni for the ME301T. XPosed is built-in; you can find it under "settings/beanstalk options/display and animation". It does not have multi-window, but it does have floating mode which can be launched from the notification tray. The included kernel runs great as is.

Thanks for the tip, so I installed Beanstalk and it was a bit rough starting and setting it up, but seems nice once it settled down. I still would really like an overclocked Kernel for the ME301T though.
Yesterday, 07:42 AM   |  #535  
Thanks Meter: 27

326 posts
More
And how to configure performance profiles in this KERNEL? I use performance profiles.apk but FC every time
Yesterday, 12:02 PM   |  #536  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
I've got this kernel working on my TF201 with the CROMBi-KK rom. I have noticed some 'screen flickers' where some dark lines will momentarily appear on the screen. They are more common soon after booting up but continue throughout with less frequency.

I was unable to make this kernel work when on the 4.1 bootloader but the upgrade to the Hairy Bean 4.2 bootloader isn't difficult and makes it work.

I have found this kermel a really easy way to implement data2sd and am using a SanDisk ExtremePlus card with p2 formatted as f2fs. I can just take it out when turned off and I'm back to internal /data on reboot. Sadly the age of the TF201 is showing and A1 SD Bench shows the sequential read and write as well as the reandom read to be around 16MB/s when using data2sd. The results for random write aren't believable at about 106MB/s for both internal and data2sd. However the same card in a Galaxy S4 gives results of about 87MB/s for seqential read and about 24MB/s for both sequential write and random read. Random write in the S4 is 1.17MB/s but Crystal Disk Mark on a PC reports about 2.7MB/s for random write for this card. It would be brilliant if a kernel could realise more of this card's speed but I suspect this is more likely to be a hardware limitation.
Yesterday, 05:31 PM   |  #537  
Thanks Meter: 96

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer Optimus

I've got this kernel working on my TF201 with the CROMBi-KK rom. I have noticed some 'screen flickers' where some dark lines will momentarily appear on the screen. They are more common soon after booting up but continue throughout with less frequency.

I was unable to make this kernel work when on the 4.1 bootloader but the upgrade to the Hairy Bean 4.2 bootloader isn't difficult and makes it work.

I have found this kermel a really easy way to implement data2sd and am using a SanDisk ExtremePlus card with p2 formatted as f2fs. I can just take it out when turned off and I'm back to internal /data on reboot. Sadly the age of the TF201 is showing and A1 SD Bench shows the sequential read and write as well as the reandom read to be around 16MB/s when using data2sd. The results for random write aren't believable at about 106MB/s for both internal and data2sd. However the same card in a Galaxy S4 gives results of about 87MB/s for seqential read and about 24MB/s for both sequential write and random read. Random write in the S4 is 1.17MB/s but Crystal Disk Mark on a PC reports about 2.7MB/s for random write for this card. It would be brilliant if a kernel could realise more of this card's speed but I suspect this is more likely to be a hardware limitation.

Have this flickering too - it's related to opened virtual keyboard..... Some resizing issues, you can try to post logcat to Crombi-kk tf201 thread. Only chance how to get rid of it is an stock CM kernel... That's and grimlock kernels have this weird issue....

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 via Tapatalk
Yesterday, 05:43 PM   |  #538  
Thanks Meter: 51

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuraP

Have this flickering too - it's related to opened virtual keyboard..... Some resizing issues, you can try to post logcat to Crombi-kk tf201 thread. Only chance how to get rid of it is an stock CM kernel... That's and grimlock kernels have this weird issue....

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 via Tapatalk

Had that also, but only with Linaro setup. Went back to normal Grimkern v. 3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread