I am currently on NC5, rooted with the safestrap 3.72 that was modified to work with our verizon phones.
* Update to new Safestrap 3.75
that now has working ROM slots.
* Update to new NG6 or NG8 based ROM that has all the bloat removed such as [ROM] [MDK/SS] [XXUGNG8] °• EMPTY GALAXY v7 •° TW & Themed & Add-Ons
History, continuing from my first post here:
1) I was on rooted MK2.
2) I followed steps outlined in Surge1223's thread found here
to get me to to a rooted NC2.
3) I followed his steps "How to Downgrade back to 4.2 MK2" to get me from NC2 back to MK2.
4) Once I was back on MK2, I followed Surge1223's steps to get me to NC5. -- At the time of his post, it was not clear to me what exactly I needed to do to use his shortcut method to go from NC2 to NC5. So to be safe, I decided to do it the hard way by going back to MK2, and then to NC5.
5) Flashed BajaROM
on top of NC5 base.
What I have done so far:
1) Opened my safestrap 3.72 app, uninstalled recovery.
2) opened titanium backup and uninstalled the safestrap 3.72 app from /system/app
4) Installed Safestrap 3.75 that I found in this post
5) Using the installed safestrap 3.75 application, I installed the safestrap recovery.
6) Rebooted to confirm safestrap 3.75 recovery works. it does
7) Create a safestrap backup of my current ROM
8) Wipe everything except emmc and external SDcard (i'm going to backup my emmc anyways)
9) Install EMPTY_GALAXY_v7.zip from here
with the following md5 fc287f2b1480efc695d2bd25a799f198
10) install modules. Which modules? I have this file? Is this what I need? gogolies-wififix-VZW-retail-NC5-w-modules-SS.zip
It seems like there should be NG6 or NG8 modules that I need to flash....
11) Install SuperSU with this file: UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip