Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Linux Deploy Installation Problem?

OP CodemasterRob

8th June 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
Hi guys. I'm having a problem with Linux Deploy and installing an OS. When I try to install any OS (Arch, Kali, etc.) it returns a "Making new disk image... fail" error and ends the install. Debug mode shows "dd: opening '/storage/emulated/0/linux.img' : No such file or directory" twice. Status shows that data, where it would be installed, as 26.0/26.8 GB of space used despite my phone being reset and wiped prior to the attempted install. This is where I see a problem. I'm using a Nexus 5 running Paranoid Android Beta 4 with Franco Kernel. It has worked on PA before; this problem has persisted for two months though and I couldn't find another forum or even a thread that touched on this more. Would anyone know how to make Linux Deploy see the immense amount of empty space available in /data so it'll install? I'm 99% sure it just thinks it doesn't have space.
24th June 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodemasterRob

Hi guys. I'm having a problem with Linux Deploy and installing an OS. When I try to install any OS (Arch, Kali, etc.) it returns a "Making new disk image... fail" error and ends the install. Debug mode shows "dd: opening '/storage/emulated/0/linux.img' : No such file or directory" twice. Status shows that data, where it would be installed, as 26.0/26.8 GB of space used despite my phone being reset and wiped prior to the attempted install. This is where I see a problem. I'm using a Nexus 5 running Paranoid Android Beta 4 with Franco Kernel. It has worked on PA before; this problem has persisted for two months though and I couldn't find another forum or even a thread that touched on this more. Would anyone know how to make Linux Deploy see the immense amount of empty space available in /data so it'll install? I'm 99% sure it just thinks it doesn't have space.

I had the same problem with my Nexus 5, I fixed it by changing the installation path (in the properties/download menu) to /sdcard/linux.img, hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to gizmogeeker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #3  

12 posts
Question related problem??
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmogeeker

I had the same problem with my Nexus 5, I fixed it by changing the installation path (in the properties/download menu) to /sdcard/linux.img, hope this helps

I have a different problem, maybe you can help me too.
when i'm installing through Linux Deploy the image installs fine. But when it hits;
"
I: Retrieving apt
W: Couln't download package apt (ver 0.9.7.9+deb7u2
I: Retrieving apt-utils
W: Couldn't download package apt-utils (ver ...
I: Retrieving aptitude
I: Validating aptitude
I: Retrieving aptitude-common
I: Validating aptitude-common
I: Retrieving base-files
I: Validating base-files
I: Retrieving base-password
I: Validating base-password
I: Retrieving bash
W: Couldn't download package bash (ver ...
"
It stops. I had Kali installed through deploy before. It did not have enough memory to install all the needed packages to I deleted the whole thing, formatted the SD, I even completely removed root after factory reset and cleared everyting through recovery. I wanted to reinstall everything amd now I have this.
Could it be a problem with the mirror IP or something?
I've tried everything but nothing has worked so far.

Please help if you can!
19th October 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Hmm I don't know what's wrong, maybe it is the mirror ip..
19th October 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #5  

12 posts
Any idea where I could fine the right one? Or is that is really stupid question
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
install, linux, linux deploy, nexus 5, storage
Previous Thread Next Thread