Stock Backups + OTA's

OP Rydah805

17th October 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

This is the M8 forum.

That being said, disable MD5 checking in TWRP options and try flashing one of those zips.

Also, what TWRP are you using, exactly?

I'm using 2.8.0.0.......its specific to sprint.
The Md5 isn't the issue anymore. I have tried to flash everything and it will say its done and complete.....but back to bootloader. Its a mec_who....0Paj50000
18th October 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #142  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,979

11,259 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trakker77

I'm using 2.8.0.0.......its specific to sprint.
The Md5 isn't the issue anymore. I have tried to flash everything and it will say its done and complete.....but back to bootloader. Its a mec_who....0Paj50000

You can only flash a ROM made for your device. Are you trying to flash M8 ROMs? Because they won't work.

I was asking exactly where you got your TWRP from. But anyway, can you start a thread in the proper forum? This has nothing to do with this device or thread.
18th October 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #143  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You can only flash a ROM made for your device. Are you trying to flash M8 ROMs? Because they won't work.

I was asking exactly where you got your TWRP from. But anyway, can you start a thread in the proper forum? This has nothing to do with this device or thread.

I got twrp from another website because of the issues with 2.7 and the E8. I've reverted back to 2.6 and tried multiple twrp's. I'm aware its not an M8 and the files are specific. The rom's i have tried to flash have been from other E8 forums on other sites (XDA has none for E8). I posted in the E8 forum but noone has responded to my post from last week. The E8 is also known as the M8 Ace. RUU's don't exist under "E8" its always M8 Ace. I came over here seeing some of the people here are more talkative and have the expertise that might be able to lend me some advice and help....not add to the frustration.
18th October 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #144  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,979

11,259 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trakker77

I got twrp from another website because of the issues with 2.7 and the E8. I've reverted back to 2.6 and tried multiple twrp's. I'm aware its not an M8 and the files are specific. The rom's i have tried to flash have been from other E8 forums on other sites (XDA has none for E8). I posted in the E8 forum but noone has responded to my post from last week. The E8 is also known as the M8 Ace. RUU's don't exist under "E8" its always M8 Ace. I came over here seeing some of the people here are more talkative and have the expertise that might be able to lend me some advice and help....not add to the frustration.

I found your thread. We can continue the conversation there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #145  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksurfr

Just wondering. I flashed the stock rom, flashed the stock recovery, cleared the cache, booted into the system but when I go to look for the OTA it just continually searches and never finds anything. Reasons? Trying to get the most recent OTA so that I can run viper 2.0.1 for my trip abroad and have proper working wifi calling

I, as well, am having this issue?

CHECKING... <-- looks like that. forever.
can help please?
20th October 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #146  

28 posts
More
Hi, I just flashed the HK recovery but when I try to install the update, I get the red error icon about halfway through. I also get that when I try to boot into recovery normally. How do I actually install an update?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread