OP SHIKHAR MANGLA

17th October 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #221  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydk

So according to Gsmarena, only 4 HTC devices are confirmed for Android L update,. Does that mean HTC E8 will not get Android L?

Update confirmed by LlabTooFeR on Twitter. Here is the schedule, looks like we may have it before the new year![emoji51]
Click thanks if I helped.

Dhk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1413522900349.png
Views:	72
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	2974018  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rdheepak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #222  
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit0110

thank you! will try regarding the blink feed.
Didn't get you on what you mean by S-OFF? other problem is though I have changed language to English, some pop-ups still come in Chinese.. guess system related messages.. and default market is not google play, but gives option of either HTC market place /game center.. when I get reminders about app updates. So when I open Google play and then update apps from menu, it works fine.

Basically, S-OFF means Secure-Off. By default, HTC devices are S-ON, which means users can't make changes to system partitions. If you're S-ON, even after you've rooted, if you changes some system files, they will change back. So you need to get S-OFF, or use a custom kernel to gain full root. As of now, the only option is Sunshine, which costs $25. Other methods don't seem to work anymore.

If you're S-ON, you can't flash an English firmware to your phone, because the CIDs (Carrier IDs) of your phone and the firmware don't match. If you get S-OFF, you can change your CID as well as do many other interesting things.

My explanation may be a bit inaccurate. If you want to know more, Google is your friend!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystal_ball For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #223  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Thanks a lot!! this helps understand much better now
17th October 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #224  
Thanks Meter: 83

372 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_ball

Basically, S-OFF means Secure-Off. By default, HTC devices are S-ON, which means users can't make changes to system partitions. If you're S-ON, even after you've rooted, if you changes some system files, they will change back. So you need to get S-OFF, or use a custom kernel to gain full root. As of now, the only option is Sunshine, which costs $25. Other methods don't seem to work anymore.

If you're S-ON, you can't flash an English firmware to your phone, because the CIDs (Carrier IDs) of your phone and the firmware don't match. If you get S-OFF, you can change your CID as well as do many other interesting things.

My explanation may be a bit inaccurate. If you want to know more, Google is your friend!

Thanx a lot bro... This is very helpful.... Btw how can i check the S off\On status on phone... M planning to buy htc e8 thats why im asking so that i can check status before buying

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th October 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #225  
mumbai
Thanks Meter: 19

302 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidkeeda

Thanx a lot bro... This is very helpful.... Btw how can i check the S off\On status on phone... M planning to buy htc e8 thats why im asking so that i can check status before buying

It will be s on only whn u buy new phone.. you can check that in bootloader..
To go to booloader.. uncheck fastboot from power settings, shutdown the phone and start it by pressing power and volume down together for some time

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swordfish2009 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #226  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 86

414 posts
More
This phone has a poly-carbonate shell, can it survive a drop or two ?? I'm hoping not to use any cases.

I have the grey version and it is not as slippery as the glossy white & red ones.

I know a lot of you use dot case but what other kind of cases are you guys using on this phone ??

I'm thinking of using this CASE
18th October 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #227  
Flag New Delhi, IN
Thanks Meter: 162

579 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperuser

This phone has a poly-carbonate shell, can it survive a drop or two ?? I'm hoping not to use any cases.

I have the grey version and it is not as slippery as the glossy white & red ones.

I know a lot of you use dot case but what other kind of cases are you guys using on this phone ??

I'm thinking of using this CASE

Buy Nillkin Case, I love it, its awesome! All made of little hard caring rubber, not aluminium crap . Looks stunning and before applying i applied gadgetshieldz on the back to protect back forever and it completely looks like a screen protector applied on the back like applied on an iphone, sony, etc . And no scratches on sides, edges even if case is removed and put back on several times :

I have dot view case as well, bought from karol bagh, delhi for 1k . Its awesome with its features but its more on protection as its front flip runs to close and cover the screen itself, you cannot use phone horizontally to play games or view videos without feeling the inconvenience and no stand .

I have this case aswell, looks great but i didn't apply it as i have applied gadgetshieldz cut out that were for the speaker grills as well , as i tried to apply the case the cover edges coming in front mite have made it be little peeled off , so i never applied it :

I am using dot view for a while again because of its awesome new updates .

And c'mon guys i have google nexus 7, it hasn't got lolipop yet so ofcourse it is going to get first then it will come to samsung, htc, etc .

Htc does great when they give great updates after long time wait.... but what i find dumb bout them is they keep us hanging and don't even give in between bug/fixes updates like android 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 like i got in nexus 7 .
Last edited by shantusingh; 18th October 2014 at 10:35 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shantusingh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 02:52 AM   |  #228  
Thanks Meter: 35

211 posts
E8 will get lollipop in between jan and march here is the link and pictures

http://www.droid-now.com/2014/10/and...n-htc-devices/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1413769930052.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (73.5 KB, 29 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teck_keeda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread