Kitkat killed battery life

OP red321red321

16th October 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 13

231 posts
More
My battery life is great with KitKat. I did not use my Tablet very much the last 2 days and battery dropped only 20%:

19th October 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
diferent firmware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chgambini

I agree the battery has taken a hit. I used to ave about 9hrs of screen on time, now about 6hrs. I also have the chromecast issue. Strange thing is that sometimes the screen doesnt even show up In the battery stats. Sometimes the usage time doesnt change when it shows in battery stats. I am stock, 32gb white US model updated with Kies. I have done many factory resets. I have tried it for 2 days without installing any apps or disabling any samsung bloat, with no change in the tablest behavior.

maybe u could try installing a different firmware?
that's what I'm planning to do now

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaginet

Agree and disagree!
I did have charging problem and battery drain right after KK update. I have to do the Factory Data Reset. Luckily my tablet is back to normal if not better. I did spend sometime go thru all setting. So I managed to get 4 hrs of screen time with moderate use and I still have about 59% of battery.
So I say kk is good or better then jellybean

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 2

where is your firmware from?
my note hasnt come back to normal u_u
19th October 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #53  

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vette

Any update on this? I can only get about 5 or 6 hours after the update and would like to know if doing a reset will solve my problem.

factory reset hasnt solved my problem
I've just tried flashing a firmware from spain

hope it works

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_330

my battery shown funny behavior , when battery drops to 5% restart my tablet and battery go back to 28% i do this procedure 3 times from yesterday :
battery usage is:
16H 51M 38S on battery
Screen : 2h 32m
fifa14 GAME ; 1H 21M
and battery percentage is 21% at now

KITKAT on P601 3g+WIFI

thats the same damm thing that happens to me
I really hate it so I've flashed a firmware from spain

hope it works

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushless

Staying on 4.3 since no desire to root and want to keep sd writes. If 5.0 does not change this I will remain on 4.3. Happy with 4.3 so no need to rock the boat.

deffinetelly a wise decition
19th October 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #54  

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKoga

The newest Hyperdrive is awesome in terms of battery life upgrade is highly reccomended.

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA Free mobile app

seems a pretty good option to solve this problems
what about the native apps from the p600? i mean sketchbook pro, what about the stick options and air command?
20th October 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 7

60 posts
I am using US firmware. After few months using KK. I think battery is NOT that great any more. I have about 4 to 5.5 hours of screen time.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread