CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Image editing app monetization

OP hihlander

7th June 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Wicked City
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Hi I'd like to know what is the best way to monetize a graphic editing app. I don't ads would be a good idea. I'm thinking of making in-app purchase for specific options or puting a watermark on the saved image. Do you think a watermark is a good idea and can incite users to buy the full product?
7th June 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #2  

11 posts
More
Why do you think ads are a bad idea?
7th June 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Wicked City

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemak

Why do you think ads are a bad idea?

I think Ads are good for games where you make repetitive actions but for a graphic app, the user will be on the app a short period of time and will just save the picture. I'm sure it has poor results in Ad revenues.
30th August 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #4  

12 posts
I think the watermark is a good idea. You could have a free version with the watermark and if users like the app direct them to a paid version that is watermark free. Alternatively, ads could always work. Assuming you get a decent amount of users the money will be coming in consistently
30th August 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 43

157 posts
Donate to Me
Fo both with the option to remove the ads

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
20th October 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihlander

Hi I'd like to know what is the best way to monetize a graphic editing app. I don't ads would be a good idea. I'm thinking of making in-app purchase for specific options or puting a watermark on the saved image. Do you think a watermark is a good idea and can incite users to buy the full product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleDroid

Fo both with the option to remove the ads

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Hello @hihlander you can user watermarks on your images that get remover when user completes an action. For example on our platform, Pollfish we have a lot of publishers following this approach. Since each completed survey on our Basic Survey Format pays minimum $0.30 you can use this approach to provide full functionality in your app (Remove watermark) without even having to implement IAP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread