Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

MJ5 bootloader flash problems

OP Kenny_ken

17th May 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Hi guys!

I hope that I chose the right forum to ask my question: I installed this rom onto my Note 2 LTE N7105, but now I don't have wifi (as the text in the rom description says). Before I flashed the rom, I had installed Devils Rom (deodexed and deknoxed 4.3 stock) with the devils kernel (based on MK5). I thought that the bootloader will be kept, because I already installed a wifi hotfix for that bootloader.

Now I have the new 4.4 rom installed, it works fine - except for wifi. If I got this right (if not, correct me) - flashing the MJ5 bootloader will solve the problem and I won't have KNOX triggered (now I have a "MA5" bootloader). So I tried to flash the MJ5 bootloader with ODIN 3.09 but it keeps failing. The drivers are installed, I can access the download menu. My pc recognizes the phone as COM5, but when I load the bootloader and click on flash, almost instantly a red FAIL appears in the first block. The output says "writing NAND..." and then "FAILED".

Now I am a bit confused - does the MJ5 bootloader work with the Note 2 LTE or only the non- LTE version? Are there any other ways to get wifi to work? If there's now way around, I am willing to trigger my knox.

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help a very confused user
29th August 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #2  
TeamFox's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Im having the same problems. odin is giving no love on updating the bootloader
29th August 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #3  
asin_punk's Avatar
Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 9
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_ken

Hi guys!

I hope that I chose the right forum to ask my question: I installed this rom onto my Note 2 LTE N7105, but now I don't have wifi (as the text in the rom description says). Before I flashed the rom, I had installed Devils Rom (deodexed and deknoxed 4.3 stock) with the devils kernel (based on MK5). I thought that the bootloader will be kept, because I already installed a wifi hotfix for that bootloader.

Now I have the new 4.4 rom installed, it works fine - except for wifi. If I got this right (if not, correct me) - flashing the MJ5 bootloader will solve the problem and I won't have KNOX triggered (now I have a "MA5" bootloader). So I tried to flash the MJ5 bootloader with ODIN 3.09 but it keeps failing. The drivers are installed, I can access the download menu. My pc recognizes the phone as COM5, but when I load the bootloader and click on flash, almost instantly a red FAIL appears in the first block. The output says "writing NAND..." and then "FAILED".

Now I am a bit confused - does the MJ5 bootloader work with the Note 2 LTE or only the non- LTE version? Are there any other ways to get wifi to work? If there's now way around, I am willing to trigger my knox.

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help a very confused user

Did you try to flash the kernel as stated in the installation instructions of the rom that your trying to install?
31st August 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #4  
TeamFox's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I have the agni kernel as it is the only way to get the wifi to work without the bootloader, which im trying to get too. For the life of me i cannot figure out why odin doesnt want to flash the bootloader. mj5 or nd3 makes no difference. according to info app my boot loader version is N7105ZHALJ4. Do I need to step up 'slower'?

I want to go to any of those recent bootloaders so wifi will work normally. It seems slow on the agni kernel but at least it works.
31st August 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #5  
asin_punk's Avatar
Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 9
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFox

I have the agni kernel as it is the only way to get the wifi to work without the bootloader, which im trying to get too. For the life of me i cannot figure out why odin doesnt want to flash the bootloader. mj5 or nd3 makes no difference. according to info app my boot loader version is N7105ZHALJ4. Do I need to step up 'slower'?

I want to go to any of those recent bootloaders so wifi will work normally. It seems slow on the agni kernel but at least it works.

AFAIK you can't install Agni Kernel using Odin. Instead use your Custom Recovery to install that kernel, under "Install Zip from Storage" option of your custom recovery. HTH.
31st August 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #6  
TeamFox's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by asin_punk

AFAIK you can't install Agni Kernel using Odin. Instead use your Custom Recovery to install that kernel, under "Install Zip from Storage" option of your custom recovery. HTH.

To clear things up i have already got agni kernel installed via recovery. I just cant update my bootloader via odin.
16th September 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
problem flashing mj5 bootloader and agni kernel too
i am on phoenix rom v18.8
cannot figure out if i am on mj5 bootloader
how to check my bootloader version?

secondly, i m trying to flash mj5 via odin but it says FAILED
Trying to flash agni kernel via odin and mobile odin,, it says success but when i check in my phone, nothing is done...

where am i going wrong?

pls help
16th September 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #8  
hazin99's Avatar
Member
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 20
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandsaurabh

i am on phoenix rom v18.8
cannot figure out if i am on mj5 bootloader
how to check my bootloader version?

secondly, i m trying to flash mj5 via odin but it says FAILED
Trying to flash agni kernel via odin and mobile odin,, it says success but when i check in my phone, nothing is done...

where am i going wrong?

pls help

Agni kernel is only flashable via recovery not with odin.. Its a zip file.. U can flash it using CWM or Philz Or twrp recoveries

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th September 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
U r right hazin ... That file can be flashed only via recovery... But I m not able to flash it.. It goes into aroma installer, does its work and says done but does not show on settings... I e saved log file too of that process...
20th October 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #10  
apuntigam's Avatar
Member
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 17
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
So no answer on this question yet?? I'm also trying to flash the MJ5 bootloader using Odin, no luck though.

Can anyone explain why it keeps failing?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes