Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phantom or Ghost Touch Screen LG Optimus G

OP yawako

22nd September 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 11

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcsn

Please, can you post the link from the exact same rom?
I've got so many ghost touches on an exact same point my screen (I posted that on another thread on this board) that made me got another phone, typing was impossible (the touches were on the left-down corner, right on swiftkey settings -_- )...I've tried many many roms, but nothing worked yet...

Thank you a lot!

On this ROM 0 phantom/ghost touch
http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...te-10-t2811342
26th September 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #12  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 629

1,373 posts
More
OK, this is freakin' weird...

I have been running KitKat on my F180S pretty much from the time it got released (different versions: full stock, VDT, Sling...). Yesterday, out of the blue, my digitizer started getting crazy with ghost touches in the upper portion of the screen (around the strip where Q-slide apps usually are in the notification shade, or the clock area on a weather widget where most people have it). This made the phone 100% unusable, as it was constantly registering touches. Rebooted to recovery to do a factory reset, and the problem was persistent in the recovery, too (I am using PhilZ Touch). So, at that point it looked like a hardware issue to me. To clear my consciousness, I opened the phone, disconnected the digitizer, cleaned the connectors, plugged it in again. No dice. Still, I thought about reflashing a full stock KDZ, just for the heck of it (no root, no custom recovery, locked BL). Here is what happened:

1. F180S V30c KitKat - same problem.
2. F180S V30b KitKat (downgraded a notch) - same problem.
3. F180S V20n Jelly Bean - everything is working fine, no ghost touches. Huh?!?
4. Rooted V20n, unlocked BL (Mako method) and flashed CWM using FreeGee - no problem, everything is still OK.
5. Flashed my favourite JB ROM - no problem, everything is still OK.

So, the phone is now running on rooted JB, with unlocked BL and CWM recovery, with no touchscreen problems whatsoever. I may try going to KK again at some point, but will just leave it for now, as I need a stable working phone.

WTF??? I am just scratching my head, trying to understand where the issue came from. It appears to be directly related to KitKat, since eliminating unlocked BL and custom recovery didn't solve the issue, but going back to JB (either full stock, or unlocked BL with CWM) totally cured it. The most bizarre thing is that it started out of nowhere, as I didn't do anything to my phone recently, apart from installing some apps here and there...
Last edited by kt-Froggy; 26th September 2014 at 08:37 PM.
27th September 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 196

1,027 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

OK, this is freakin' weird...

I have been running KitKat on my F180S pretty much from the time it got released (different versions: full stock, VDT, Sling...). Yesterday, out of the blue, my digitizer started getting crazy with ghost touches in the upper portion of the screen (around the strip where Q-slide apps usually are in the notification shade, or the clock area on a weather widget where most people have it). This made the phone 100% unusable, as it was constantly registering touches. Rebooted to recovery to do a factory reset, and the problem was persistent in the recovery, too (I am using PhilZ Touch). So, at that point it looked like a hardware issue to me. To clear my consciousness, I opened the phone, disconnected the digitizer, cleaned the connectors, plugged it in again. No dice. Still, I thought about reflashing a full stock KDZ, just for the heck of it (no root, no custom recovery, locked BL). Here is what happened:

1. F180S V30c KitKat - same problem.
2. F180S V30b KitKat (downgraded a notch) - same problem.
3. F180S V20n Jelly Bean - everything is working fine, no ghost touches. Huh?!?
4. Rooted V20n, unlocked BL (Mako method) and flashed CWM using FreeGee - no problem, everything is still OK.
5. Flashed my favourite JB ROM - no problem, everything is still OK.

So, the phone is now running on rooted JB, with unlocked BL and CWM recovery, with no touchscreen problems whatsoever. I may try going to KK again at some point, but will just leave it for now, as I need a stable working phone.

WTF??? I am just scratching my head, trying to understand where the issue came from. It appears to be directly related to KitKat, since eliminating unlocked BL and custom recovery didn't solve the issue, but going back to JB (either full stock, or unlocked BL with CWM) totally cured it. The most bizarre thing is that it started out of nowhere, as I didn't do anything to my phone recently, apart from installing some apps here and there...

Kinda like my situation.
I have the sprint version of the phone,in every kitkat GEE ROM I have ghost touches, but not in Gproj kitkat ROMs neither in stock or JB.
some weird sh*t is happening here lol
27th September 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #14  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 629

1,373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FcoEnrique

Kinda like my situation.
I have the sprint version of the phone,in every kitkat GEE ROM I have ghost touches, but not in Gproj kitkat ROMs neither in stock or JB.
some weird sh*t is happening here lol

Yeah... But at least in your case the problem seems to be consistent. I was using my phone without any issues, and then it just crapped out for no apparent reason. Nothing changed, same ROM that was working fine before...
27th September 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 196

1,027 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

Yeah... But at least in your case the problem seems to be consistent. I was using my phone without any issues, and then it just crapped out for no apparent reason. Nothing changed, same ROM that was working fine before...

It started the same way for me.
6th October 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #16  
Baguio City
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
The same thing happened to me. Are you guys familiar with Sky Vega phones? I had a Vega Iron before and also it began having ghost touch issues after upgrading to kitkat. I was frustrated, i also flashed any custom rom i could search and no luck at all. I just sold it recently! and i heard this ghost touch issue is also a common on Nexus 4.
20th October 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 11

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcsn

Please, can you post the link from the exact same rom?
I've got so many ghost touches on an exact same point my screen (I posted that on another thread on this board) that made me got another phone, typing was impossible (the touches were on the left-down corner, right on swiftkey settings -_- )...I've tried many many roms, but nothing worked yet...

Thank you a lot!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...te-10-t2811342

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread