OP dogan2010

19th September 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #291  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 7

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunn Lynn

I have Same Wifi Problem. Mine is SM-N900. Firmware is THL_N900XXUENG1 (4.4.2).
LOSING WIFI PASSWORD After restart phone or uncheck scanning always available option.

So, the only solution is firmware update?
Mine is latest firmware. So, I need to wait?

Yep,

in N9005XXUGNG1. it is definitely solved.

The Note 3 now is my first smartphone, since the Nokia 9100, that does not give any problem whatsoever.
Not one single bug!

And I guarantee you that I am a heavy user.

Amazing!

Huib
The Following User Says Thank You to herpi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #292  
Flag Mandalay
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thanks.

But, One Question.
My friends, my cousins... They all have same Note 3 SM-N900 non rooted. Same Firmware N900XXUENG1 (4.4.2). They don't have this Wifi problem.
WHY only me?
If I wait the latest firmware and update, This problem will solve?
Thanks again friend.
19th September 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #293  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 7

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunn Lynn

Thanks.

But, One Question.
My friends, my cousins... They all have same Note 3 SM-N900 non rooted. Same Firmware N900XXUENG1 (4.4.2). They don't have this Wifi problem.
WHY only me?
If I wait the latest firmware and update, This problem will solve?
Thanks again friend.

IN My case the problem of losing the wifi settings did not come back for a long period now, so I presume it is solved.
The fact that others did not have the problem is just a fact. No idea why.

Huib
The Following User Says Thank You to herpi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #294  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Thumbs up Wifi fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajumper

Yes I have it to every time I reboot phone I must put my password again! Look in build prop for this line: ro.securestorage.support=true and make from true in false
Then save! And reboot phone! After reboot it can be that you must put once more your password and then it is good! Let me know if it is working ok?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank very much for this posting..It helped fix my phone..
28th September 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #295  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Lightbulb Different Problems, different Solutions?
My Galaxy Note 10.1 kept loosing my known WiFi connections and password since about a week ago which really drove me crazy since I'm using
Passwords nobody can ever remember.
I've been searching the Internet for a solution for about 3 days now and I'm starting to think that even here in this thread we have not one but a few different problems, which need different solutions.

My Note did forget the WiFi settings every time it got disconnected, no matter whether I rebooted, changed location or toggled WiFi in the notification bar. In Google's product forum I found a topic with a similar problem on a nexus 5 and the tips suggested were the same as here, synchronisation related.

However, last entry someone suggested examining wpa_supplicant.conf in /data/misc/wifi (you need to be root for this)
Indeed, while file permissons were plausible the file size was zero bytes on my note.
I simply renamed the file with WiFi off then rebooted and turned WiFi on again.
Of course, one has to enter networks and passwords once more manually, but now they're stored again and my problem is solved.

So, if your problems with forgotten WiFis are sporadic, the problem might indeed be sync related and I suggest to turn off Samsung Sync and Google Sync in the Settings for a testdrive.
If, however, your device keeps forgetting Networks all the time or rather everytime it needs to authenticate again, I'd suggest examining the wpa_supplicant.conf.
The latter problem can only be solved with root access or by wipe of your device, I'm afraid.
Last edited by OliverB82; 28th September 2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: wrong word, why can't i correct this within 5 minutes?! :/
The Following User Says Thank You to OliverB82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #296  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Works on my I337 NI1 Unlocked Rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajumper

Yes I have it to every time I reboot phone I must put my password again! Look in build prop for this line: ro.securestorage.support=true and make from true in false
Then save! And reboot phone! After reboot it can be that you must put once more your password and then it is good! Let me know if it is working ok?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This method works with my I337 NI1 Unlocked Rooted.
I uses ES Explorer with Root Explorer enabled.
I went to the "system " folder in the device, scrolled down until I found "build prop" then edited using EX Explorer Note Editor.
Really appreciate and high credit to dajumper work !!
12th October 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #297  
Thanks Meter: 15

250 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhendra

This method works with my I337 NI1 Unlocked Rooted.
I uses ES Explorer with Root Explorer enabled.
I went to the "system " folder in the device, scrolled down until I found "build prop" then edited using EX Explorer Note Editor.
Really appreciate and high credit to dajumper work !!

Yeah Thanks Finally Worked.. Rooted Phone N900..
The Following User Says Thank You to glos7777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 12:48 AM   |  #298  
Thanks Meter: 102

495 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverB82

My Galaxy Note 10.1 kept loosing my known WiFi connections and password since about a week ago which really drove me crazy since I'm using
Passwords nobody can ever remember.
I've been searching the Internet for a solution for about 3 days now and I'm starting to think that even here in this thread we have not one but a few different problems, which need different solutions.

My Note did forget the WiFi settings every time it got disconnected, no matter whether I rebooted, changed location or toggled WiFi in the notification bar. In Google's product forum I found a topic with a similar problem on a nexus 5 and the tips suggested were the same as here, synchronisation related.

However, last entry someone suggested examining wpa_supplicant.conf in /data/misc/wifi (you need to be root for this)
Indeed, while file permissons were plausible the file size was zero bytes on my note.
I simply renamed the file with WiFi off then rebooted and turned WiFi on again.
Of course, one has to enter networks and passwords once more manually, but now they're stored again and my problem is solved.

So, if your problems with forgotten WiFis are sporadic, the problem might indeed be sync related and I suggest to turn off Samsung Sync and Google Sync in the Settings for a testdrive.
If, however, your device keeps forgetting Networks all the time or rather everytime it needs to authenticate again, I'd suggest examining the wpa_supplicant.conf.
The latter problem can only be solved with root access or by wipe of your device, I'm afraid.

Thanks! Been wrestling with this for 3 hours on a newly rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab S. I knew about that file, but was fearful I'd break something if I messed with it. Once I ran the procedure above on wpa_supplicant.conf everything was written right into the file, and all passwords survived the reboot. Whew!

Edit: While this worked, it did not save any new APs, so I had to repeat the procedure. Is there a way to make this work as intended? I noticed that the permissions on the wpa_supplicant.conf was rw-- (read/write owner), but changed on reboot to rw-rw- (owner and group) Is this correct?
Last edited by acraigl; Yesterday at 04:16 PM.
Yesterday, 04:28 PM   |  #299  
Thanks Meter: 102

495 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acraigl

Thanks! Been wrestling with this for 3 hours on a newly rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab S. I knew about that file, but was fearful I'd break something if I messed with it. Once I ran the procedure above on wpa_supplicant.conf everything was written right into the file, and all passwords survived the reboot. Whew!

Edit: While this worked, it did not save any new APs, so I had to repeat the procedure. Is there a way to make this work as intended? I noticed that the permissions on the wpa_supplicant.conf was rw-- (read/write owner), but changed on reboot to rw-rw- (owner and group) Is this correct?

I did a bit more reading, and it seems toggling Sync off/on is allowing wpa_supplicant.conf to be updated properly now. I don't know why this the case but I saw the file size update in realtime when I did. Hoping that this is not something I'll need to keep doing, but I guess it's easier than going into the file system to repair.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread