Post Reply

New root method for D801 4.4.2.

OP scottx .

8th July 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #61  
TheEcologist's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Thumbs up LG G2 (D802) Stock 4.4.2 works!
Works like a charm. Took less than a minute, no problems detected, whatsoever.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to TheEcologist For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #62  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottx .

Today I read the news about the new S5 root. It's called Towelroot. I tried it on my D801 and it worked. I had not been able to root it before that without rolling it back to 4.2.2. Which is a pain.

So now you can root a T-Mobile D801 on 4.4.2 KitKat very easily. Which wasn't possible before with ioroot.



Meaning it'll root any G2 made. Not just the 801.

Install TowelRoot from here: http://towelroot.com/

Then install AutoRec from here for TWRP recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715496

Then if your staying stock I highly recommend you download and install SuperSU in recovery so that it's properly rooted. http://download.chainfire.eu/282/SuperSU/

More about TowelRoot: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/06...urrent-device/

Thanks all. And of course I'm not responsible if this breaks the device or kills the cat. Use at your own risk.

does this work the same for d80120a and d80120e
21st September 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #63  
nunjabusiness's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
695 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
My phone not supported, wtf?
Wow, had great hopes reading all the posts about the stupid-easy way to root.
So much for that idea. Downloaded the latest TR apk and saved it in my download folder.
Had to uninstall my AV to get it to run, but I installed it and ran it and clicked "Make it rain" and it said:
"This phone isn't currently supported"

AT&T D800
Version 4.4.2
D80020y build
3.4.0 Kernel.

Did I miss something?
21st September 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #64  
countryfolk07's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mansfield
Thanks Meter: 312
 
1,269 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunjabusiness

Wow, had great hopes reading all the posts about the stupid-easy way to root.
So much for that idea. Downloaded the latest TR apk and saved it in my download folder.
Had to uninstall my AV to get it to run, but I installed it and ran it and clicked "Make it rain" and it said:
"This phone isn't currently supported"

AT&T D800
Version 4.4.2
D80020y build
3.4.0 Kernel.

Did I miss something?

Yes. 20y can only be rooted with stumproot. Brute force mode.
21st September 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #65  
nunjabusiness's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
695 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryfolk07

Yes. 20y can only be rooted with stumproot. Brute force mode.

Thanks for quick reply!
Boy, stump is a big one (8MB)


Edit: rebooting now (God almighty they could have picked a less obnoxious tune to BLAST me with!)
Last edited by nunjabusiness; 21st September 2014 at 04:11 PM.
14th October 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #66  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
hello everyone i have a lg g2 d801 and after installing the new sistem update v20g i have lost the root, i tried to obtain root again with towelroot but it did not work...it gives me the message "your device is not supported"
how can i obtain root again?
14th October 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #67  
Simo20's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Can i install only towelroot for root or i have to install also autorec?

Autorec is only for recovery, right?

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
15th October 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #68  
Member
Bombai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo20

Can i install only towelroot for root or i have to install also autorec?

Autorec is only for recovery, right?

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ur correct, (just did this myself)
Just towelrooted myself and installed SuperSU from the Play Store. Then installed Greenify & WakeLockDetector; both asked for SU permissions and got it from SuperSU.
Root achieved.

Autorec seems only for recovery, and has chances it will require a kernel flash soon after else there are issues with white lines on screen..
The Following User Says Thank You to evil.moron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #69  
Simo20's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil.moron

Ur correct, (just did this myself)
Just towelrooted myself and installed SuperSU from the Play Store. Then installed Greenify & WakeLockDetector; both asked for SU permissions and got it from SuperSU.
Root achieved.

Autorec seems only for recovery, and has chances it will require a kernel flash soon after else there are issues with white lines on screen..

Another question, which firmware do you have?

I have custom v20g-eur-xx, it works with this firmware?
20th October 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #70  
ThatKidDrew's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 67
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
VS980
Read through the thread and saw it works for the verizon g2 (vs980), but has anyone successfully tried it on a vs980 after updating to 26A?

Thanks
Last edited by ThatKidDrew; 20th October 2014 at 06:26 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Themes and Apps by ThreadRank