Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

OP Hellscythe

19th October 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #781  
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 31

199 posts
More
Its a purist's super phone and certainly the fastest of the 801's.

I have had no issues with this Sept build date model in any way. Continued to be stunned by its performance and how little I paid.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3's&7's For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #782  
Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 511

2,771 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3's&7's

Its a purist's super phone and certainly the fastest of the 801's.

I have had no issues with this Sept build date model in any way. Continued to be stunned by its performance and how little I paid.

Totally agree with you 110% [emoji4]
20th October 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #783  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Help me out here guys. Currently a Nexus 5 user. Was planning on going with Nexus 6 until I saw the size of it and just as importantly the price of it. So I've been looking at the OnePlus and the Moto X. Would you guys recommend either of these phones or recommend just sticking with the Nexus?

Also recently started looking at the Find 7. Is that worth a look as well and does it stack up favorably with the One?
20th October 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #784  
Thanks Meter: 75

679 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glfpunk

Help me out here guys. Currently a Nexus 5 user. Was planning on going with Nexus 6 until I saw the size of it and just as importantly the price of it. So I've been looking at the OnePlus and the Moto X. Would you guys recommend either of these phones or recommend just sticking with the Nexus?

Also recently started looking at the Find 7. Is that worth a look as well and does it stack up favorably with the One?

One plus is a good affordable phone. If you can put up with if yours may have a yellow band at the bottom, touchscreen issues, etc and pretty much no support from CS, then get that. I'm not discouraging you, but I had one and couldn't handle all the issues and the yellow band on the bottom. I returned mine and it took forever to do that with their CS.

Overall performance wise the opo is great running CM. The moto x is beautiful and also a very good phone. I'd say try the nexus 6 and return it if you don't like it, get the moto x. That's what I plan on doing.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
20th October 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #785  
Thanks Meter: 17

160 posts
The opo was close to being perfect. The mind bogglingly bad decision to not support mhl makes it far from a so called "flagship killer". And its really difficult to "never settle" when something so basic on so many phones over the past 5 years, was left out. Even my original Motorola atrix had HDMI out..........

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
20th October 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #786  
Thanks Meter: 84

366 posts
Loving my oneplus one so far, it is much better than my Nexus 5 (sidestepped managed to sell ti for a similar price ), the only real thing I prefer from the Nexus 5 is the soft rubber texture that is really easy to grip but the oneplus one has this sandstone texture which is nice at first but it really is TERRIBLE to grip, the rubber on my nexus 5 meant it stayed in my hand easily and the oneplus one is huge by comparison (too big at the moment, still adjusting) so having poor grip is really annoying .

Stock rom is okay but I found it stutters a bit and on R38 the battery life took a huge dive for me (33r was solid, 2 days almost with lots of screen time), moved to slimkat which is working well thus far in terms of speed (still waiting for battery life to settle). Only other fault with the phone seems to be inconsistent network connection but this may just require me trying a new radio and of course I seem to have some yellowing in the lower part of the screen but its acceptable.

Great phone espcially for the price but I think they definitely need to release a 5inch version with the same size of the nexus and a rubber texture back cover (or something even better grip wise) and it would be perfect for me .
20th October 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #787  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Video OnePlus one - Review
I appreciate my new Oneplus a lots and I loved everything about it. Somehow it's a look good on camera so I decided to make my first phone review.

Let me know what you think about it peace :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc0My108B60

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.5, oneplus, oppo, snapdragon 800, snapdragon 801
Previous Thread Next Thread