Discussion Thread for CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.x KitKat)

OP koala990

Yesterday, 06:12 AM   |  #3451  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 42

90 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjerald

How to link facebook data only to sdext.

You can link using Root Explorer. Only link the secondary dexes or else it will cause heavy lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishkad

4. A tip to free up space in the data partition if you are using apps like Facebook, Messenger etc. that takes a lot of space.

You can manually link the secondary dexes of apps to the sd-ext using Root Explorer.

eg: There's a folder like this in the data folder of Facebook, and it contains the secondary dexes:

To link the folder:

1. Copy the folder from the data folder to sd-ext ( I have created a folder named "My Links" )

2. Delete the folder from the data folder.

3. Go to sd-ext & long press the folder that you copied & select "Link to this folder"

4. Navigate to the data folder of Facebook & click "create link".

DON'T LINK ALL THE DATA as it will lag like hell. Only link secondary dexes of apps. You can check the data folder of other space hungry apps & link their secondary dexes if there are any.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishkad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 07:52 AM   |  #3452  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 33

79 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishkad

You can link using Root Explorer. Only link the secondary dexes or else it will cause heavy lag.

Don't you guyz feel the lag while using the Facebook APP? O.o
Yesterday, 09:10 AM   |  #3453  
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 124

351 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjerald

How to link facebook data only to sdext.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinethIrusha

Facebook's native app even lags on stock Gingerbread. Forget about KK. You can use a kinda light app named "fast for faceook".
Yesterday, 10:15 AM   |  #3454  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 42

90 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinethIrusha

Yeah, of course it lags. But I couldn't find any good alternatives. I think the best alternative available right now is Fast for Facebook, but it also has some things to be improved. For an example, there is no like button in posts. In order to like a post, you need to tap the menu button & then hit "like".

Performance of the official Facebook app has improved greatly when comparing with older versions. Hope the devs will keep it up.
Yesterday, 01:24 PM   |  #3455  
Thanks Meter: 77

332 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is it possible to reduce the delay to display the dialer when we call someone ? it takes 20 secondes to display, kinda long... Of course i don't critisize devs's work, just wonder...
Yesterday, 01:33 PM   |  #3456  
Thanks Meter: 11

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxygeenHD

Is it possible to reduce the delay to display the dialer when we call someone ? it takes 20 secondes to display, kinda long... Of course i don't critisize devs's work, just wonder...

You can use @kanishkad's method, it's helped me.
Quote:

in Dialer > Settings, untick Lookups & disable the Blacklist..

Remember, when the phone rings, the touchscreen gets activated a few seconds before the display. So, you can slide & answer the call as usual even the display is off. The touchscreen doesn't get activated immediately on an incoming call, there is a delay there too, but it is less than the delay in turning on the display..

Yesterday, 08:25 PM   |  #3457  
Thanks Meter: 2

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGunZ

You can use @kanishkad's method, it's helped me.

Tested this.... seems to only work when you recently used the dailer app, so I'm guessing it gets cached. But reboot your phone and don't launch the dailer app an hour, the screen wob't even turn on during the call. I've missed so many calls coz of this so I'm hoping it gets better . Just saying...
The Following User Says Thank You to Mo0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:33 PM   |  #3458  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Location CM11 sim problem
I tried the last build and it's really amazing! The rom is totally ready for daily use, but i still got a problem with the SIM issue...even flashing the Moodem fil via odin or cmw, always in the right order, i can't get the rom to work with the SIM inserted in... could anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

p.s:I tried to flash the Italian Modem tar and the zip provided in this thread
p.p.s: it several years that i owe this telephone and I flash roms since the first stock-based roms, so I usually know what I'm doing

i'm on galaxy ace s5830i
Last edited by martapenone; Yesterday at 08:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to specify :P

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 11, totoro
Previous Thread Next Thread