[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][TENDERLOIN] PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-2

OP shumash

19th October 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #351  
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
Does anyone else experience Google Search Voice Recognition (OK Google) stops working after a few seconds? It works initially from every screen and even when the screen is off on the charger. But if it is left for a few moments, even with the Google Search screen app in the foreground, "OK Google" stops working. If I launch the search app, OK Google starts working again from every screen. Its too bad because it just sits on the charger and I love to shout commands at it for music. This was true on RC1 and is still an issue for me on RC2. My guess would be that maybe the ROM is putting that service to sleep? Any suggestion on how to correct this is much appreciated! Forgive me if this is a documented issue, I searched first.
19th October 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #352  
Thanks Meter: 201

614 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbazaba

Does anyone else experience Google Search Voice Recognition (OK Google) stops working after a few seconds? It works initially from every screen and even when the screen is off on the charger. But if it is left for a few moments, even with the Google Search screen app in the foreground, "OK Google" stops working. If I launch the search app, OK Google starts working again from every screen. Its too bad because it just sits on the charger and I love to shout commands at it for music. This was true on RC1 and is still an issue for me on RC2. My guess would be that maybe the ROM is putting that service to sleep? Any suggestion on how to correct this is much appreciated! Forgive me if this is a documented issue, I searched first.

I haven't enabled "OK Google" for a long time. When we first got the KiKat ROMs, it seemed or thought to have closed a lot of Force Closes. I guess all I am saying is that it is working at all.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app
Yesterday, 09:22 PM   |  #353  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,880

1,058 posts
Donate to Me
More
[ROM Update] 20 OCT 2014
An updated ROM is available at the OP and OTA download links.
  • Merge upstream
    NOTE: There is a new boot animation that really sucks, but it's not my call.
  • Kernel tweaks:
    - improve boot time
    - port HTC MDP color enhancements

Enjoy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shumash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread