[Q&A] JasmineROM Discussions [Chat Room]

OP hsbadr

Announcement from hsbadr: JasmineROM v2.4 Release
Today, 07:29 PM   |  #751  
Flag Wellington, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 35

179 posts
More
Installed 2.4... Looks good so far... Have my apps restored... Smooth and fast... This rom keeps getting better...
The Following User Says Thank You to Night_Watcher For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 07:32 PM   |  #752  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,794

1,535 posts
Donate to Me
More
Folks,

The recently added N4 apps might have some issues (e.g., Browser/favorites FCs); If you like it better, I'll keep it for. If you want to revert to S5 apps let me know.

If you get a blank screen, you've to flash the unified KK firmware to boot (for Retail Edition on KK only).
1- download from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358551261
2. extract Unified_KK_Firmware_RE.tar.md5
3. turn off your device
4. enter download mode (volume down + home + power)
3. flash via Odin in AP & make sure it's successful
Today, 07:51 PM   |  #753  
Flag Charleston
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsbadr

If you get a blank screen, you've to flash the unified KK firmware to boot (for Retail Edition on KK only).
1- download from here: -removed because XDA thinks I'm a noob; please see quoted post-
2. extract Unified_KK_Firmware_RE.tar.md5
3. turn off your device
4. enter download mode (volume down + home + power)
3. flash via Odin in AP & make sure it's successful

In step 3. there are other versions of Odin available for download and you will use the 'PDA' button to install the firmware in lieu of the 'AP' button as previously mentioned. Also make sure that you ONLY have 'Auto Reboot' and 'F. Reset Time' checked. Anything else could be problematic.
Last edited by Aprosule; Today at 07:57 PM. Reason: clarification
Today, 08:19 PM   |  #754  
Thanks Meter: 73

272 posts
More
[QUOTE=thornev;56156691]---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by K03WL3R

You don't understand. Unified firmware is just everything NC4 with NC2 kernel. The only thing we can change is our kernel from NC2 to NC4 and our modems.[COLOR="Silver"]
So you're saying that the developer's statement in post 7210 means that one has to flash Unified only if one is not already on either NC2 or NC4 builds?

You have to have all NC4 except for the kernel, kernel has to be NC2. (modem is up to you)
Today, 09:55 PM   |  #755  
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
I'm still on (actually back too) JB MJE and would like to Flash Jasime 2.4. Which version of KK should I Odin? NC2 odex, NC2 De-odex or NC4? And if you suggest NC4 could you provide a link. Thanks for your help!
Today, 10:40 PM   |  #756  
Flag Charleston
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
More
Unhappy Issues
Having a lot of issues with Xposed. I have spent a few hours troubleshooting this, and have concluded that it's not one single module. The whole framework causes a bootloop even with all modules disabled. The only time the phone will boot with Xposed installed is when I recovery disable it. Uninstall and reinstall does nothing to help. Anyone else seeing this?
Today, 11:02 PM   |  #757  
Wanam Boot Freeze
I'm having the same issue with Wanam. I've tested it several times to verify that it is Wanam that's causing the boot stall (first time was stuck "starting apps," then it stuck at the Samsung logo).

I did a clean install, set up the phone, got Wanam running, and ONLY enabled the Screen Recorder addition to the power menu (as well as the required "expand all notifications" feature.

Every time I do this the phone stops booting up and I have to restore my backup from SafeStrap.

If this issue can't be resolved, I'll be looking for an alternative screen recorder. Any ideas on either of these issue?

Thanks,

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jasminerom
Previous Thread Next Thread