Post Reply

[ROM|NH7|KitKat|4.4.4] Galaxy Note fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.23 -BeastMode Kernel-

OP freeza

Announcement from freeza: 2.23 released.
Yesterday, 02:36 PM   |  #2441  
LouRock's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston MA\San Juan PR
Thanks Meter: 621
 
1,182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob

V2.23 is booting at 2.2GHz (thatís good) and still running very poorly on AnTuTu Benchmark Ė the entire test was apparently run at 729MHz - final score was an abysmal 7759 and graphics is very herky-jerky, but overall phone Ďfeelí is not nearly as poor as the benchmark scores would suggest.

I must say that battery life so far on v2.23 is astounding Ė I only lost 2% battery over 6 hours last night! Previously, the usual top-rated battery drainer was listed as Android System, but now the top listed drain is Cell Standby, which means that operating system overhead is much reduced now (thatís also very good!).

Freeza, Iíd be glad to be a tester if you need one, just let me know.

WOW 7759 is a pathetic benchmark. Not sure what's going on with your kernel I just ran a few and got some pretty nice scores on aNTuTu and Quadrant. This is what mine look like:
Name:  1413812108745.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  46.5 KBName:  1413812142708.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  45.7 KB

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LouRock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:40 PM   |  #2442  
LouRock's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston MA\San Juan PR
Thanks Meter: 621
 
1,182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Here's another one from 3DMark Name:  1413812283995.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  33.6 KBName:  1413812422753.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  36.4 KB

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 02:55 PM   |  #2443  
PUNCHYS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
@freeza do you edit the feature.xml eveytime you do an update? I ask because since i edit it so the the pen window works, if you don't then I can just delete it before flashing. But if you do then i have to edit it when you update something.
Yesterday, 03:49 PM   |  #2444  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
220 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
What are you guys suggesting to CPU management?
I tried CPU tuner but the settings didn't seem to stick on 2.22 or 2.23.

FYI, my benchmark scores were in the 20,000 as well this morning.
Yesterday, 05:03 PM   |  #2445  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 408
 
1,492 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
CPU tuner appears to be the culprit on my end Ė I get horrible AnTuTu Benchmark scores when CPU tuner is enabled, but my scores jump to 41,000 when itís disabled.

LouRock, can you please tell me what cpu management app youíre using? Iím guessing youíre overclocking because your AnTuTu scores in all categories are consistently higher than my best scores.

Thanks in advance!
Yesterday, 05:47 PM   |  #2446  
Senior Member
Flag Englewood, FL
Thanks Meter: 372
 
691 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob

CPU tuner appears to be the culprit on my end Ė I get horrible AnTuTu Benchmark scores when CPU tuner is enabled, but my scores jump to 41,000 when itís disabled.

LouRock, can you please tell me what cpu management app youíre using? Iím guessing youíre overclocking because your AnTuTu scores in all categories are consistently higher than my best scores.

Thanks in advance!

I have no issues using trickster mod for cpu tuning. And about benchmarks I get a 41,000 consistantly on antutu at stock values. Funny thing is with the stock nh7 kernel I get a slightly higher consistent score than with the current beastmode.

@freeza so with stock kernel and beastmode I'm experiencing Bluetooth skipping issues in my car. It almost sounds like it's clipping. But if I use the lean kernel nh7 test the issue is resolved. I was having thus issue on most nc5 roms too. I will also mention that on stockish with stock kernel this doesn't happen but does on this rom with the same stock kernel.
Yesterday, 07:52 PM   |  #2447  
freeza's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pasadena, CA
Thanks Meter: 9,875
 
4,298 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNCHYS

@freeza do you edit the feature.xml eveytime you do an update? I ask because since i edit it so the the pen window works, if you don't then I can just delete it before flashing. But if you do then i have to edit it when you update something.

I do... Next update i'll make it modify just the file itself instead of replacing it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinMazey

I have no issues using trickster mod for cpu tuning. And about benchmarks I get a 41,000 consistantly on antutu at stock values. Funny thing is with the stock nh7 kernel I get a slightly higher consistent score than with the current beastmode.

@freeza so with stock kernel and beastmode I'm experiencing Bluetooth skipping issues in my car. It almost sounds like it's clipping. But if I use the lean kernel nh7 test the issue is resolved. I was having thus issue on most nc5 roms too. I will also mention that on stockish with stock kernel this doesn't happen but does on this rom with the same stock kernel.

Hmmm bluetooth skipping eh? I'll figure it out. I can't test it out because I don't have a bluetooth system in my car but I do have headphones. I suppose that may be slightly different because i'm not getting skipping at all with those. I'll get to the bottom of it though. Does this happen with the screen off? or both on and off?

If it's happening on the ROM with the same stock kernel then it's probably some 'tweak' that I've done. In which case it may be a bit easier to figure out. If you don't mind, I have a few things for you to try
Last edited by freeza; Yesterday at 08:00 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:19 PM   |  #2448  
Senior Member
Flag Englewood, FL
Thanks Meter: 372
 
691 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza


Hmmm bluetooth skipping eh? I'll figure it out. I can't test it out because I don't have a bluetooth system in my car but I do have headphones. I suppose that may be slightly different because i'm not getting skipping at all with those. I'll get to the bottom of it though. Does this happen with the screen off? or both on and off?

If it's happening on the ROM with the same stock kernel then it's probably some 'tweak' that I've done. In which case it may be a bit easier to figure out. If you don't mind, I have a few things for you to try

It happens for sure with screen off but not sure with screen on I'll test that next time I'm in my car. I will also be willing to test anything you want. Made a fresh backup last night so I'm ready to rock. Thanks.
Yesterday, 11:26 PM   |  #2449  
busventinc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag TOP FLOOR OF ENCOM TOWER
Thanks Meter: 163
 
770 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Freeza just a heads up the write up on the link on the thread states 2.22 when I went to download it its 2.23 just wanted to let you know and thanks for everything you do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1413843945005.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (74.7 KB, 60 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Android Development by ThreadRank