[EASIEST GUIDE] How to unlocking bootloader

Search This thread
Jan 10, 2014
Aleksinac
Here we go,

Step 0: (Must Follow)
A)I am not Responsible if it BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!!:eek:
B)Still intressted??:p
C)U MUST ON STOCK ROM (ORIGINAL ROM FROM SE)
D) Check Manufactoring date/code (behind batery)
11W29 above U better stay away and stop dreamming (i got 4 times hard bricked on 11W38)
11W28 below U can proceed and again I am not Responsible if it BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!!:eek:

Step 1: (Downloads)

A) READ THIS OR U will cry if you skip to read this
B) Download S1tool [UPDATED 13 FEB 2012]
C) Download Unlocker [UPDATED 13 FEB 2012]

Step 2: (Prepare)

A) Unzip all downloaded files
B) Shut Down Phone
C) Open S1tool, Click on DO JOB, Press Back on phone, Connect it to PC.
D) Look For Line "XXXX SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE"

Step 3: (Unlock)

A) Turn the phone on, Connect it with PC in Debugging mode.
B) if XXXX is "NOT RECOGNIZED" then sorry, it can't be unlocked.
C) if XXXX is SEMC then run "msm7227_semc.cmd"
D) if "XXXX SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE" was not found then run "msm7227_Setool2.cmd"
E) Wait...
F) if "Press any key to continue . . ." is found, press any key.

Step 4: (Verify)

A) Shut Down Phone
B) Open S1tool, Click on DO JOB, Press Back on phone, Connect it to PC.
C) Look For Line RUNNING S1_EROM VER "x8A029"
D) if x is "r" then it is done, Congrats...
E) if x is "R" then Sorry, Do everything again. or Search in the Frorum for Help
========================================================================================================
And here to relocking bootloader with easiest step
Shared and prepaired by Black Xperia X8

This is tutorial how to relock bootloader!

1.Step: i-Download S1Tool and ii-Download Flashtool
2.Step:Install FlashTool and Gordon Gate Driver
3.Step: Extract rar with 7zip,Winrar...
4.Step: Disable antivirus and firewall because it can interrupt process
5.Step: Open folder where you extract it

6.Step: Run S1Tool.exe
7.Step: Enable USB Debug and plug USB in PC and Phone
8.Step: Klick restore button
9.Step: Unplug your phone and turn it off
10.Step: Hold back key and plug USB in phone
11.Step: Unplug device and klick identify
12.Step: Hold back key and plug usb last number need to be 28
not 29 if is 28 then you relocked your bootloader or a litle r

I belive this is a good tutorial but i got something to ask:
1. Where is the button "DO JOB" in s1tool (maybe it's noob question but i want to be sure);
2. Code of date on my phone is 10w44. That means i can unlock bootloader without any damage?
3. Can i use this file for unlocking: http://upload.riicc.sg/download.php?f=JYRSQdhLCr
I want to install custom rom GingerXperiaV10 and when i downloaded that rom i didn't know what next... In some tutorials there is no anything about flashing, unlocking bootloader and all that stuffs, just "copy rom to sd card, with xrecovery install custom rom bla bla bla". Pls post me this guide with more details becase i don't know what i must press in what time... I have rooted xperia x8 android 2.1update1, sim free, installed xrec mini beta 0.1 and all is ready. Pls help and thanks in advance. Sorry for bad english...

EDIT: Can i install gingerxperiav10 rom without unlocking bootloader?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2014
Aleksinac
Here we go,

11W29 above U better stay away and stop dreamming (i got 4 times hard bricked on 11W38)
11W28 below U can proceed and again I am not Responsible if it BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!!:eek:

B) Shut Down Phone

E) Wait...

A) Shut Down Phone
E) if x is "R" then Sorry, Do everything again. or Search in the Frorum for Help
========================================================================================================

pls help man...

kamikaze07

Feb 24, 2008
Saitama
I belive this is a good tutorial but i got something to ask:
1. Where is the button "DO JOB" in s1tool (maybe it's noob question but i want to be sure);
2. Code of date on my phone is 10w44. That means i can unlock bootloader without any damage?
3. Can i use this file for unlocking: http://upload.riicc.sg/download.php?f=JYRSQdhLCr
I want to install custom rom GingerXperiaV10 and when i downloaded that rom i didn't know what next... In some tutorials there is no anything about flashing, unlocking bootloader and all that stuffs, just "copy rom to sd card, with xrecovery install custom rom bla bla bla". Pls post me this guide with more details becase i don't know what i must press in what time... I have rooted xperia x8 android 2.1update1, sim free, installed xrec mini beta 0.1 and all is ready. Pls help and thanks in advance. Sorry for bad english...

EDIT: Can i install gingerxperiav10 rom without unlocking bootloader?

1. Some older versions of S1Tool might have "Do Job" button but you can use "Identify" button in newer version. It has same fuction.
2. Devices that have the date of made 11W29 or above (11W30, 11W31...) CAN'T unlock the bootloader. Your device is OK to unlock, but I will not take any resposibility if you break your device due to some mistake or doing something wrong.
3. You can use the file in your link to unlock your device's bootloader.

If you want to install any custom rom in your device, first of all you must find any requirement of the rom you are heading to. If that rom requires "Unlock bootloader" (in other word "UB") you must unlock your device's bootloader. If is doesn't require unlock your device's bootloader or it says "Locked Bootloader" you just have to root your phone, install Recovery and then copy rom to sd card, enter recovery mode and install the rom through it. That's easy!

Jan 10, 2014
Aleksinac
1. Some older versions of S1Tool might have "Do Job" button but you can use "Identify" button in newer version. It has same fuction.
2. Devices that have the date of made 11W29 or above (11W30, 11W31...) CAN'T unlock the bootloader. Your device is OK to unlock, but I will not take any resposibility if you break your device due to some mistake or doing something wrong.
3. You can use the file in your link to unlock your device's bootloader.

If you want to install any custom rom in your device, first of all you must find any requirement of the rom you are heading to. If that rom requires "Unlock bootloader" (in other word "UB") you must unlock your device's bootloader. If is doesn't require unlock your device's bootloader or it says "Locked Bootloader" you just have to root your phone, install Recovery and then copy rom to sd card, enter recovery mode and install the rom through it. That's easy!

Sorry but now is too late, i using Xperia Arc S 2.3.4 now :p
Btw I installed on x8 android 2.2.9 froyobread from this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYznsQAgZQ and is very stable, work perfect. I still have x8 but i don't want to risk anything with bootloader, it's good on 2.2.9 too... :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

NathanielB

Oct 16, 2014
Hi,

I have an xperia arc (11w28) which I'm trying to do this on, but its getting stuck on the first part:

I'm opening s1tool, hitting 'identify', hold back on the phone, and then connecting it as the guide says, but it does nothing :(

Please could someone advise why its not passing this bit or how long it should take to work?

Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I'm doing it on a windows 8 laptop...

Many Thanks,
Nathaniel

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
Hi,

I have an xperia arc (11w28) which I'm trying to do this on, but its getting stuck on the first part:

I'm opening s1tool, hitting 'identify', hold back on the phone, and then connecting it as the guide says, but it does nothing :(

Please could someone advise why its not passing this bit or how long it should take to work?

Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I'm doing it on a windows 8 laptop...

Many Thanks,
Nathaniel
Probably a driver issue. Have you installed the drivers? Can you connect in flashmode with flashtool?

Also, it shouldn't take long.

NathanielB

Oct 16, 2014
Probably a driver issue. Have you installed the drivers? Can you connect in flashmode with flashtool?

Also, it shouldn't take long.
Thanks for the fast reply!

Sorry but I'm new to all this (which is why I'm playing with an old phone) and don't know what you mean by flashmode or flashtool, but I can tell you I rooted the phone on the same laptop and PC companion is picking the phone up when I try to use the s1tool so it shouldn't be a driver problem...

What would you suggest I check/do next please?

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
Thanks for the fast reply!

Sorry but I'm new to all this (which is why I'm playing with an old phone) and don't know what you mean by flashmode or flashtool, but I can tell you I rooted the phone on the same laptop and PC companion is picking the phone up when I try to use the s1tool so it shouldn't be a driver problem...

What would you suggest I check/do next please?

This guide is a little more detailed and maybe more suited for someone who is just starting: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254225

1a. Download Flashtool too (needed for S1tool to work properly and for loading custom kernels next time) and install it (not necessary if you already have Flashtool):

Download and install Flashtool (follow instructions on the website): http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/
(Credits go to Androxyde and Bin4ry for this tool.)

After installing it, open the flashtool folder and open the drivers folder inside that. Double click on the .exe file inside and install your device's ADB driver (for W8 use the X8 ones) and the Flash mode drivers.

Then restart your computer.

NathanielB

Oct 16, 2014
This guide is a little more detailed and maybe more suited for someone who is just starting: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254225

Thanks dude, I will give that a read and try it now, then let you know how it goes for me :)

Fingers crossed I can work it out a little easier with this one :good:

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

404 page on the flashtool download, do you have another safe link to download it from please?

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Don't worry, I found it, github have changed the url structure and not bother to set up any generic redirects, the url is as follows for others looking https://github.com/Androxyde/Flashtool

NathanielB

Oct 16, 2014
Right, I've installed the bits from the other thread and got s1tool working:

Untitled.png

Now for the next bit, do I need to disconnect my phone, turn it on, connect it again and then hit flash? I'm a little lost and don't want to do it wrong...

Scrap the above, that was a silly question after reading it again doh!

I run the tool and got what's in this attachment:
Untitled2.png

What should I do?

Last edited:

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
Right, I've installed the bits from the other thread and got s1tool working:

View attachment 2974257

Now for the next bit, do I need to disconnect my phone, turn it on, connect it again and then hit flash? I'm a little lost and don't want to do it wrong...

Scrap the above, that was a silly question after reading it again doh!

I run the tool and got what's in this attachment:
View attachment 2974261

What should I do?

The error is clear. Find the second ADB process and kill it.

NathanielB

Oct 16, 2014
Killing those tasks that are using ADB as well then yes, most probably it will fix the error. Unless you have connected another device.

The only device connected to the laptop is the phone as I only have one usb on it.

When I watch the task manager it loads 2 adb.exe tasks, when running msm7227_semc.cmd And deleting them and trying again doesn't work :(

What should I do to stop this so it can work?

Ok scrap the above, after a quick google, I found that bluestacks was the problem, but now I'm getting a lot of other text I don't understand lol
Untitled3.png

Last edited:

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
The only device connected to the laptop is the phone as I only have one usb on it.

When I watch the task manager it loads 2 adb.exe tasks, when running msm7227_semc.cmd And deleting them and trying again doesn't work :(

What should I do to stop this so it can work?

Ok scrap the above, after a quick google, I found that bluestacks was the problem, but now I'm getting a lot of other text I don't understand lol
View attachment 2974573

Is your phone rooted and on stock 2.1? Also, have you disabled your antivirus?

NathanielB

Oct 16, 2014
Is your phone rooted and on stock 2.1? Also, have you disabled your antivirus?

Yes I rooted it and av is disabled, but my phone is on Android 2.3.4 which is the phones standard, not a rom I've done.

Do I need to roll back to 2.1? If so how do I roll back? I know it's a proper noob question, but I've never needed to roll back before...

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅

NathanielB

Oct 16, 2014
You don't have an x8? x8's latest firmware is 2.1.
Yes you need to be on 2.1.

See this instructions: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35338935&postcount=2

x8? I have an xperia arc LT15i, have I been sent to the wrong thread? I search and asked about unlocking the bootloader for an arc...

I'm guessing this thread is not right for me after you reply lol, please could you point me to the correct thread for doing my phone, and sorry for the confusion :(

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
x8? I have an xperia arc LT15i, have I been sent to the wrong thread? I search and asked about unlocking the bootloader for an arc...

I'm guessing this thread is not right for me after you reply lol, please could you point me to the correct thread for doing my phone, and sorry for the confusion :(

Yes, you are in the wrong thread. In case you haven't noticed, the forum is divided into sub-forums, one for every phone. If you look at this page you will find this: "Legacy & Low Activity Devices > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 > XPERIA X8 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting" which means that you are in the X8's sub-forum and in the Q&A section.

Go to your device's forum and use search/google. I can't help you any further as I don't own the device.

Edit: I reread your first post and you had already mentioned that you have an arc. Damn, how did I miss it... I just read the date, I guess...

Last edited:

NathanielB

Oct 16, 2014
Yes, you are in the wrong thread. In case you haven't noticed, the forum is divided into sub-forums, one for every phone. If you look at this page you will find this: "Legacy & Low Activity Devices > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 > XPERIA X8 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting" which means that you are in the X8's sub-forum and in the Q&A section.

Go to your device's forum and use search/google. I can't help you any further as I don't own the device.

Edit: I reread your first post and you had already mentioned that you have an arc. Damn, how did I miss it... I just read the date, I guess...

Yeah I did say what phone I had but it's totally my fault for not noticing the forum section, I just went with what Google sent me to when I searched for my phone lol

Thanks again for all your help, I will have a look in the right forum area and hopefully get it sorted it now I know I'm in the wrong place lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go,

B) Shut Down Phone

E) Wait...

A) Shut Down Phone

the links for step A are broken... the ones from S1 Tools and Unlocker
    the links for step A are broken... the ones from S1 Tools and Unlocker

UPDATED new link..
    thanks...:)
    Re upload what?

S1tool CHECKED = Link working
    Unlocker (MSM7227) CHECKED =Link working
    just check it with s1tool..
    and see if "SEMC" u can
    "Not found" becarefull (otherwise u can try with msm7227.cmd2)
    but one thread still under monitor wee still looking if any users got bricked with
    11W28 below...
    here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1399381