Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

use your gear as a security camera or monitor

OP animatechnica

16th April 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Freakmont
Thanks Meter: 151

748 posts
want to use your watch to see what's going on at home? all you need is the Gear + another android device - and install 20:20 app - this app turns your watch into a remote security camera or use it to monitor the video feed from another device

for my setup, i took an old android phone and installed the app and set it as my emote camera at home. i then installed the same app on my gear and configured it as my monitor - so now i can see what's going on at home.in addition you can set the remote camera to sound an alarm and/or start recording should it detect motion where it is looking (paid version)

app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ek.cloudcamera
16th April 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 69

479 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatechnica

want to use your watch to see what's going on at home? all you need is the Gear + another android device - and install 20:20 app - this app turns your watch into a remote security camera or use it to monitor the video feed from another device

for my setup, i took an old android phone and installed the app and set it as my emote camera at home. i then installed the same app on my gear and configured it as my monitor - so now i can see what's going on at home.in addition you can set the remote camera to sound an alarm and/or start recording should it detect motion where it is looking (paid version)

app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ek.cloudcamera

isn't that too laggy?
16th April 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Freakmont

748 posts
it lags slightly but the frame rate is acceptable as a monitor to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

isn't that too laggy?

9th May 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 63

1,223 posts
Quote:

it lags slightly but the frame rate is acceptable as a monitor to me

Why not just use the old android phone as the video monitor?

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3
9th May 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Freakmont

748 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by recDNA

Why not just use the old android phone as the video monitor?

Because why would I carry both the old phone and the watch? The point is my old phone acts like my remote camera and the watch as my monitor so I can check it where ever I am

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
9th May 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 63

1,223 posts
Quote:

Because why would I carry both the old phone and the watch? The point is my old phone acts like my remote camera and the watch as my monitor so I can check it where ever I am

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I see, but then watch has to be rooted right?

9th May 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Freakmont

748 posts
Well the watch should be running null rom to load android apps

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 01:27 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Things to be recognize for buying surveillance system
If you are looking to get security system for your home or office, cctv camera is best solution to this issue. In the present scenario of increased modernization and the extend of crimes is also rapidly growing. Some people always have fear in their mind that burglars would come in their homes and they canít get peace of mind in such a situation. Surveillance system can give piece of mind to the society by detecting frauds and persons behind the occurrence. While procuring surveillance system, there are number of brans in market having its own unique features and it becomes confusing to select suitable security system among number of alternatives.

The first thing you must consider while purchasing CCTV camera is its TV line. The quality of cctv camera can be judged from the TV line. The more the TV line of camera, the higher is the quality. The price will also differ as the range of TV line changes. The second important thing is the internet viewing resolution. Which means the ability to produce high resolution images that your DVR records the sequence of images? Mostly cameras have 4 CIF (Common Intermediate Format). The selection of appropriate surveillance system from right person is also a big challenge in itself. The persons involved in surveillance sectors have many years of experience in designing and monitoring the security system. You can gain much more than just acquiring equipment. The selection of right type of lens is also another factor that needs to be emphasized. The lens controls the focus that CCTV camera can get under its ambit.

www sampixworld com

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread