Nexus 7 still worth buying?

OP junglebungle

19th October 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #131  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 79

1,047 posts
More
I would like to rescind all my negative remarks in this thread stating the nexus 7 2013 is not worth buying.

I failed to realize Google was stopping production. The form factor is awesome. The new nexus 9 has an annoying 4:3 aspect ratio. Holy letterboxes...

The case for the nexus 9 is neat though. Ability to launch camera from magnet in cover.

Watched several talks on the nexus 9. I guess 2gbs of ram is plenty with 64 bit processor.

I still can't believe the pricing though. 16gb of storage with same ram as nexus 7 2013 for more than twice the cost. And your movie viewing won't be significantly larger either...

Sent from my Verizon LG G3 using Tapatalk
19th October 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 73

733 posts
I think it's still a better tablet than the new 9.

Why?

Mainly price. 235 it cost the the 32GB model!!! The new 32GB model costs twice as much!!

Second reason: size. The 7 form factor is great because it's not heavy and therefore I can hold it for longer periods of time.

Third: the screen. 1080P is more than enough. No serious need for more resolution. Battery life and performance is better thanks to 1080P.

We also still have 2GB RAM, stereo speakers, great design and build quality, another update after L (plus XDA for more future updates), etc.

That's it.
Today, 03:19 PM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 741

2,900 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33

And your movie viewing won't be significantly larger either...

Sent from my Verizon LG G3 using Tapatalk

Not with them letterbox, lol, unless you watch classic 4:3 movies.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread