Guide to use the Sprint LG G2 (LS980) with AT&T or Tmobile

OP brandonbarlow

20th October 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #301  
Thanks Meter: 5

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindontcare

I'm having the same problem! No matter how many times I put the carrier files in the carrier folder, edit the build.prop, & change the radio, it still won't work with my G2 any tips on how to fix this issue? I've read on other posts of people having the same issue, I know I didn't mess up on the process, I know my way around rooting phones & unlocking them, but no matter how hard I try, it still won't unlock it says T-Mobile for about 2 seconds & it switches back to "no service" or "service disabled"

I'm having the same issue. Will check out what the post below yours has said when I have time.
20th October 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #302  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsergio123

Have you tried my method or are you looking to use Aosp?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2798566

Believe me, I've tried it. i've even tried installing cloudyG3, cm11 t-mobile rom, the stock t-mobile rom with wifi calling, & downgrading to zv7/zv8 & still nothing. No matter how hard i try, it still won't unlock, & I KNOW it's not blacklisted or anything, so I don't get why it's not working, I used to have an isis T-mobile sim & I've read online that it doesn't really work for some phones & you get lower signal or something, so I tried using a regular old t-mobile sim, & still nothing I know i'm doing all the steps right & it's killing me because I can't get it to work. There's this guy on craigslist that has his own shop to root & unlock phones, & he told me that he's been unlocking phones using your root method, & he said that some phones are stubborn & won't take the unlock. So why doesn't work for me? Can somebody please help me out if you've experienced these problems before
21st October 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #303  
Flag Twin Cities MN
Thanks Meter: 103

679 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindontcare

I'm having the same problem! No matter how many times I put the carrier files in the carrier folder, edit the build.prop, & change the radio, it still won't work with my G2 any tips on how to fix this issue? I've read on other posts of people having the same issue, I know I didn't mess up on the process, I know my way around rooting phones & unlocking them, but no matter how hard I try, it still won't unlock it says T-Mobile for about 2 seconds & it switches back to "no service" or "service disabled"

Could be blacklisted
21st October 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #304  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

Could be blacklisted

It's not, I looked it up online on swappa & it said that its not blacklisted & ready to be activated, & I called Sprint to verify & they told me it isn't
21st October 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #305  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 51

318 posts
Donate to Me
It's probably blacklisted since it is recognizing your T-Mobile sim. If it wasn't unlocked it would say invalid sim card.

Does T-Mobile require you to activate the imei on your account before using the phone? I know MetroPCS does this.
21st October 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #306  

8 posts
Quote:

It's probably blacklisted since it is recognizing your T-Mobile sim. If it wasn't unlocked it would say invalid sim card.

Does T-Mobile require you to activate the imei on your account before using the phone? I know MetroPCS does this.

It DOES recognize it, but only for about 2 seconds, sometimes it says "no service" but it usually says "service disabled" & I don't know about that, but I went to T-mobile & they've tried checking the IMEI & registering to their network, but it just kept saying something like "the sim cannot be registered at this time" in mobile settings can you please provide a link of somebody doing all the steps? I really wanna get this phone unlocked because I love it so much, but ima have to trade up if I can't figure it out
21st October 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #307  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 51

318 posts
Donate to Me
Sounds like you need to swap the imei with a donor 4g capable GSM phone and then add it to your account before you will get service. Your device is already unlocked but since the phone is a CDMA phone tmobile's system is probably showing it as incompatible. I had this issue with MetroPCS also.
21st October 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #308  

8 posts
Quote:

Sounds like you need to swap the imei with a donor 4g capable GSM phone and then add it to your account before you will get service. Your device is already unlocked but since the phone is a CDMA phone tmobile's system is probably showing it as incompatible. I had this issue with MetroPCS also.

Ah that makes sense! Can you link me to a tutorial on how to do it? I really appreciate the help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread