[10/08/2014][Sprint/Boost/VM][ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity[9.5]

OP moonknightus

19th October 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #671  
Thanks Meter: 43

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetbiker7

Welcome to the Conquest Singularity thread.

I don't know you but i already like you. You had mentioned something wasn't working, did some troubleshooting and fixed your issue. Oh what a wonderful place the world would be if more people would do the same instead of making multiple posts reporting something will not work when in most cases, it most certainly will. They just need to take the time and figure it out.

lol the funny part is, all I did was install Viper4Android anyway, rebooted, and Poweramp gave me the option to use MusicFX. Themer FC's on me, though. Can't figure out why that launcher doesn't work.....might not support TW ROM's. I haven't tried another launcher since I'm fine with Google Now. I noticed the "Do Not Disturb" function of this phone didn't work well for me. I set it to operate only during a certain time and it wouldn't recognize those times. Matter of fact I don't remember hearing my phone go off when I got an email this morning......eh, I'll keep an eye out. Some settings like to get FUBAR when you switch ROMs lol. If I can't get "Dormant Mode" to work, I'll just use a 3rd party app that allows me to set what days my phone's quiet. Handy because I can tell it not to go silent on the weekends when I go out (college lyfe bro!!!).

Anyway, so far so good. Loving the ROM and I'm loving the fact that it was idle for 12 hours and only lost 16% of its battery. AOSP ROM's were draining the living hell out of it lately. In less than half the time I drained my battery using only Poweramp. Let's see how well it does with Power Saver limiting the CPU (I'll shut this off quick if it causes Poweramp to skip). But yea, so far my report is a big

& my friend, you have no idea how much I would love humanity if they learned how to troubleshoot their issues instead of complaining to someone like us that understands technology. However, if that were the case, I don't think Computer Science majors would get the nice paycheck they currently receive. I call it a fair trade-off lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akaTRAP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #672  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 1,099

1,212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaTRAP

lol the funny part is, all I did was install Viper4Android anyway, rebooted, and Poweramp gave me the option to use MusicFX. Themer FC's on me, though. Can't figure out why that launcher doesn't work.....might not support TW ROM's. I haven't tried another launcher since I'm fine with Google Now. I noticed the "Do Not Disturb" function of this phone didn't work well for me. I set it to operate only during a certain time and it wouldn't recognize those times. Matter of fact I don't remember hearing my phone go off when I got an email this morning......eh, I'll keep an eye out. Some settings like to get FUBAR when you switch ROMs lol. If I can't get "Dormant Mode" to work, I'll just use a 3rd party app that allows me to set what days my phone's quiet. Handy because I can tell it not to go silent on the weekends when I go out (college lyfe bro!!!).

Anyway, so far so good. Loving the ROM and I'm loving the fact that it was idle for 12 hours and only lost 16% of its battery. AOSP ROM's were draining the living hell out of it lately. In less than half the time I drained my battery using only Poweramp. Let's see how well it does with Power Saver limiting the CPU (I'll shut this off quick if it causes Poweramp to skip). But yea, so far my report is a big

& my friend, you have no idea how much I would love humanity if they learned how to troubleshoot their issues instead of complaining to someone like us that understands technology. However, if that were the case, I don't think Computer Science majors would get the nice paycheck they currently receive. I call it a fair trade-off lol

LOL!!! Funny you mention Computer Science. I just finished up 2 years of Behavioral Science, am now a certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor, and am seriously considering going back to get a degree in Computer Science. I enjoy helping people work out their issues and show them there's better way to live which doesn't involve drugs or alcohol. I can still do that on the side but It's just that computers are my passion. They have been since I started taking the time to learn my way around one. I started out fixing computers as a hobby and before I knew it, most of my friends were bringing me theirs when they messed up. I actually made decent money on the side fixing them too. LOL!!

I've been thinking long and hard about it and I may go ahead, follow my heart and take it to the next level.

Sent from my S3 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to wetbiker7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #673  
Thanks Meter: 43

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetbiker7

LOL!!! Funny you mention Computer Science. I just finished up 2 years of Behavioral Science, am now a certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor, and am seriously considering going back to get a degree in Computer Science. I enjoy helping people work out their issues and show them there's better way to live which doesn't involve drugs or alcohol. I can still do that on the side but It's just that computers are my passion. They have been since I started taking the time to learn my way around one. I started out fixing computers as a hobby and before I knew it, most of my friends were bringing me theirs when they messed up. I actually made decent money on the side fixing them too. LOL!!

I've been thinking long and hard about it and I may go ahead, follow my heart and take it to the next level.

I'm a Computer Science major myself. It's not what you think it is.....unless you like coding. Then it's what you think it is lol. Right now I'm in discrete math, which takes a good while to understand, especially when your teacher speaks Vietnamese first and English......third...fifth. Hell idk. All I know is I'm on my own since they don't offer tutoring for Computer Science classes at my university, oddly enough. A lot of money in it, though. Security Analyst is a good 70-80K out the door. Taking the easy road out is around 50 or 60K. Of course, the more you do with Software Development, the more money you rake in out the gate.

Drugs and alcohol? Sounds like college..........well, bad decisions in college.....some bad, some turn out good, a lot end with epic stories to tell before my liver goes "much liquor, so wow, lots caught up" when I'm 40. Til then, college bro! Come at me, bro! Do you even keg stand bro?!!! .........nah I'm too old for that :P

Anyway, 21 hours later, 65% battery left. Let's see how fast it drains with games, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to akaTRAP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #674  
Flag Sedro Woolley
Thanks Meter: 9

41 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMills83

I've always been a fan of Go SMS Pro and never had any problems with MMS on previous (AOSP) ROMs, but for some reason MMS will not download through it on this ROM. I have no issue with MMS when using Samsung Messaging. I've already tried changing everything I can think of in the settings of Go SMS Pro and I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried emailing GO's support team, but it has been several days and they have not responded. Is there any chance that this is a ROM issue or, more generally, a TouchWiz issue?

I did a fresh install of this ROM recently and selected Google Hangouts as the messaging app to install. I later restored a Chomp SMS backup with data (and later wiped data) through Titanium Backup, which had been functioning perfectly in my previous ROM installation. To my dismay it refused to download MMS when I used it as the default messaging app, but Hangouts always downloads MMS just fine when Hangouts was my default messaging app.

In the previous scenario, quoted above, I had installed Samsung Messaging with the OS. Additionally, the GO SMS team got back to me after sending them a logcat and they said that nothing looked wrong.

I'm beginning to wonder now if this is somehow related to the ROM and/or its installation and which SMS app is initially installed. I'd like to hear some feedback from the community and/or the developer to hear the experiences of others and see if the developer thinks there is any plausibility to this being an issue.
Last edited by ChrisMills83; 21st October 2014 at 12:54 AM.
21st October 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #675  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 783

226 posts
More
Quote:

I did a fresh install of this ROM recently and selected Google Hangouts as the messaging app to install. I later restored a Chomp SMS backup with data (and later wiped data) through Titanium Backup, which had been functioning perfectly in my previous ROM installation. To my dismay it refused to download MMS when I used it as the default messaging app, but Hangouts always downloads MMS just fine when Hangouts was my default messaging app.

In the previous scenario, quoted above, I had installed Samsung Messaging with the OS. Additionally, the GO SMS team got back to me after sending them a logcat and they said that nothing looked wrong.

I'm beginning to wonder now if this is somehow related to the ROM and/or its installation and which SMS app is initially installed. I'd like to hear some feedback from the community and/or the developer to hear the experiences of others and see if the developer thinks there is any plausibility to this being an issue.

FEEDBACK
Long: I don't provide support for 3rd-party messaging apps other than those included in the ROM installation due to the fact that they almost always require some kind of additional configuration and frankly I can't be bothered with looking up every possible setting that may need to be changed with every messaging app available.

Short: Use Hangouts, stock messaging, Textra, or 8sms.

Summary: If you choose to use a messaging app other than one provided in the installation package, do not expect me to provide troubleshooting/support for it. You're on your own. Stop cluttering the ROM thread.
Last edited by moonknightus; 21st October 2014 at 02:27 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moonknightus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #676  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 1,099

1,212 posts
Quote:

I did a fresh install of this ROM recently and selected Google Hangouts as the messaging app to install. I later restored a Chomp SMS backup with data (and later wiped data) through Titanium Backup, which had been functioning perfectly in my previous ROM installation. To my dismay it refused to download MMS when I used it as the default messaging app.

Out of respect for Moon and the ROM thread I will not go into a detailed fix here.
Check your PM inbox shortly. I use Chompsms and I have a fix for you that'll allow MMS.

The Following User Says Thank You to wetbiker7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #677  
Thanks Meter: 18

89 posts
Not that it's a fix or anything, but when I get an MMS I have to switch from LTE to 3G to download it. It's kind of a pain, but I don't get too many MMS so I just switch it on the fly. It's nice that we don't have to reboot in between any more.

The Following User Says Thank You to perpetual98 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread