Search This thread

kermage

Feb 3, 2014
Iligan City
Depensa! --

"Tool against nasty viruses that turn files and folders into shortcuts."

INFO: Pushed to GitHub

Features:
  • Simple and easy to use (One time installation)
  • Light and fast (Only 637Kb; Real-Time detection)
  • Compatible to all Windows version and platform
  • Automatically scans removable drives
  • Removes suspicious files and shortcuts
  • Recover hidden files and folders
  • Prevent against future infections

Instructions:
  1. Extract "Depensa!.zip"
  2. Execute "Depensa!.exe"
To install Depensa! on system startup:
  1. Right click "Depensa!" on system tray
  2. Select "About"
  3. Click the Depensa! logo
Silent Mode runs Depensa! without the system tray. Good for public PCs.

DOWNLOADS:

Attachments

• Depensa!.zip
    369.6 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:

kermage

Feb 3, 2014
Iligan City
Screenshots

MAIN
attachment.php

ABOUT
attachment.php

SCAN
attachment.php

attachment.php

INSTALL
attachment.php

Attachments

• main.png
    main.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 5,387
  • about.png
    about.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 5,331
  • scan.png
    scan.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 5,391
  • report.png
    report.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 5,326
  • install.png
    install.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 5,309
Last edited:

kermage

Feb 3, 2014
Iligan City
NOTES

Shorcut Virus
  • There are many available methods out there to overcome this, but some are difficult to use and most likely will only restore the files and folders, of which the system is already infected with the virus.

Depensa!
  1. Not an antivirus solution and does not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software.
  2. It prevent attacks that antivirus solution cannot fully detect, remove and restore.

IMPORTANT
  • Antivirus software and Depensa! are two complementary security layers and I recommended using both.
  • Depensa! works well and should run alongside antivirus software without any conflicts.

Last edited:
Reactions: haybill

r25txe

Mar 3, 2011
This looks very interesting. Will try it out and let you know how I get on. (Could be a while, have a lot of machines and OSs to try it on!)

Have you ever run it yourself in conjunction with Comodo Internet Security?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
With all due respect for your work on this, is there any chance you could release the source code? Your account doesn't have a sufficiently developed reputation that I'm comfortable running an arbitrary EXE from the Internet on your say-so.

Also, I've never encountered the type of malware you're discussing; is it a regional thing?

kermage

Feb 3, 2014
Iligan City
With all due respect for your work on this, is there any chance you could release the source code? Your account doesn't have a sufficiently developed reputation that I'm comfortable running an arbitrary EXE from the Internet on your say-so.

Also, I've never encountered the type of malware you're discussing; is it a regional thing?

Sorry, my codes are not for release. :angel: Yes, I dont have that reputation you're looking for, I am not a developer. --just a hobbyist or maybe a tinkerer having own personal projects. I just thought of sharing this and might help others suffering with the same problem.

Well, not really, but maintaining 15+ pc units and getting infected with the said malware is very annoying. Restricting the use of removable drives can be a better option though, but not in a public cafe where most of the user will be using it. :D

Reactions: Benelshaddai

kermage

Feb 3, 2014
Iligan City
Thanks!

This looks very interesting. Will try it out and let you know how I get on. (Could be a while, have a lot of machines and OSs to try it on!)

Have you ever run it yourself in conjunction with Comodo Internet Security?

I only tried using it with avast! in all windows version and platform. Please do come back with your feedback ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depensa! --

"Tool against nasty viruses that turn files and folders into shortcuts."

INFO: Pushed to GitHub

Features:
    • Simple and easy to use (One time installation)
    • Light and fast (Only 637Kb; Real-Time detection)
    • Compatible to all Windows version and platform
    • Automatically scans removable drives
    • Removes suspicious files and shortcuts
    • Recover hidden files and folders
    • Prevent against future infections

Instructions:
    1. Extract "Depensa!.zip"
    2. Execute "Depensa!.exe"
    To install Depensa! on system startup:
    1. Right click "Depensa!" on system tray
    2. Select "About"
    3. Click the Depensa! logo
    Silent Mode runs Depensa! without the system tray. Good for public PCs.

DOWNLOADS:
    Screenshots

MAIN
    attachment.php

ABOUT
    attachment.php

SCAN
    attachment.php

attachment.php

INSTALL
    attachment.php
    NOTES

Shorcut Virus
    • There are many available methods out there to overcome this, but some are difficult to use and most likely will only restore the files and folders, of which the system is already infected with the virus.

Depensa!
    1. Not an antivirus solution and does not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software.
    2. It prevent attacks that antivirus solution cannot fully detect, remove and restore.

IMPORTANT
    • Antivirus software and Depensa! are two complementary security layers and I recommended using both.
    • Depensa! works well and should run alongside antivirus software without any conflicts.

Sorry, my codes are not for release. :angel: Yes, I dont have that reputation you're looking for, I am not a developer. --just a hobbyist or maybe a tinkerer having own personal projects. I just thought of sharing this and might help others suffering with the same problem.

Well, not really, but maintaining 15+ pc units and getting infected with the said malware is very annoying. Restricting the use of removable drives can be a better option though, but not in a public cafe where most of the user will be using it. :D