Post Reply

Galaxy note pro 8.4 port to galaxy note 8?

OP swurvv

5th March 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #1  
swurvv's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, N.Y.
Thanks Meter: 18
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Please I literally begging the deck or someone that is juiced and anxious to have all of the new note pro 8.4 features on our note 8's I know we all will love it and I'm willing to donate to get it started the only thing is I really don't know who to ask because I do not know any Dev's personally... So come on guys make this one a go we can all be fit from those new features instead of going to spend another $400 on the same tablet on steroids just saying.
5th March 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #2  
rabichowdhary's Avatar
Member
Flag kolkata
Thanks Meter: 2
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Thumbs up .
Quote:
Originally Posted by swurvv

Please I literally begging the deck or someone that is juiced and anxious to have all of the new note pro 8.4 features on our note 8's I know we all will love it and I'm willing to donate to get it started the only thing is I really don't know who to ask because I do not know any Dev's personally... So come on guys make this one a go we can all be fit from those new features instead of going to spend another $400 on the same tablet on steroids just saying.

count me in........I support u
5th March 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 52
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
As has been re iterated over and over in many posts in this forum, There is NO NOTE 8.4 PRO as of this writing.
it's likely the 8.4 tab pro you talking about.
The Following User Says Thank You to intelliriffer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #4  
rageguy's Avatar
Junior Member
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 8
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
I am so tired of people calling the new Tab a "Note". It is NOT a Note. It does NOT support S-Pen. It is just a Tab.
The Following User Says Thank You to rageguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #5  
swurvv's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, N.Y.
Thanks Meter: 18
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Cool Yeah true... But.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy

I am so tired of people calling the new Tab a "Note". It is NOT a Note. It does NOT support S-Pen. It is just a Tab.

Your right but the features from that tab can definitely be ported though to work with our note 8's like magazine ux...
6th March 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy

I am so tired of people calling the new Tab a "Note". It is NOT a Note. It does NOT support S-Pen. It is just a Tab.

Yeah, it seems that the tab is all peeps know about. Big difference... as for apps, it seems that there will be some apps ported as time goes. It is a bit early, but I think we'll see some by July. Though I am sure they will require 4.3 at least.
13th March 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #7  
Nonta72's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gallifrey
Thanks Meter: 434
 
525 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Good idea for a Port !!!
Btw, don't forget Note 8 does support ONLY Android 4.2.2 !!!
Note 2 support 4.3 at least and Great Devs from "Electronics Team" was able to make a 4.4.2 Port from Note 3 to Note 2 !!!
One more thing is about porting a Tab features to a Note !!! Basically, this should be a bit tricky, If you own a Tab 3 8.0 maybe you will be lucky.
And finally HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY, Tab 8.4 hardware are different from Note 8 ones. The screen resolution is much more bigger than the Note 8 one (2560x1600 vs 1280x720 I think) So making a port will be REALLY HARD.
But, Just wait and see !!! Since the Tab 8.4 is still NOT available here (Morocco).
One thing is certain: Magazine UX can be ported (like Samsung TouchWizz 5 and 6) to many devices.





Sent from Gallifrey using TARDIS
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonta72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #8  
swurvv's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, N.Y.
Thanks Meter: 18
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelliriffer

As has been re iterated over and over in many posts in this forum, There is NO NOTE 8.4 PRO as of this writing.
it's likely the 8.4 tab pro you talking about.

It doesnt matter we all know what tablet im talking about there only pro's out that new so what its not an note... tab same thing one just doesnt have a pen
24th March 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 52
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swurvv

It doesnt matter we all know what tablet im talking about there only pro's out that new so what its not an note... tab same thing one just doesnt have a pen

No, Not the same thing. and though to you it's just a pen, there's a whole lot going behind the scenes, as well as UI/UX considerations bound to it.

A Port if any will have to be from a Note Family Device, and unless those (firmware updates etc) are released by Samsung chances are bleak.
Yesterday, 01:59 AM   |  #10  
swurvv's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, N.Y.
Thanks Meter: 18
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
I think you just like talking or are you trying to make something happen for the note 8 if not keep your dumb ass remarks to yourself

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 8.0 General by ThreadRank