22nd October 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #321  
Flag oklahoma city
Thanks Meter: 2,568

3,913 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3f2u

I've been Googling since yesterday on how to find the newest bootloader but no avail. Can you link me to a tutorial or something?

Edit: I found this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRFPfIBun4k

Go to http://sammobile.com and look for t889 download the latest which is mk7 it will have your bootloader in it,you will need to register to download it. Flash it on your pc using Odin and you will have new bootloader and rom flash new recovery via Odin and then flash new rom.
Last edited by cnote74; 22nd October 2014 at 05:24 AM.
22nd October 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #322  
Thanks Meter: 12

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote74

Go to sammobile.com and look for t889 download the latest which is mk7 it will have your bootloader in it,you will need to register to download it. Flash it on your pc using Odin and you will have new bootloader and rom flash new recovery via Odin and then flash new rom.

So I have to flash everything all over again? Flash the bootloader > Flash TWRP 2.8 > Flash EzKat?
22nd October 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #323  
Flag oklahoma city

3,913 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So I have to flash everything all over again? Flash the bootloader > Flash TWRP 2.8 > Flash EzKat?

Yes as the 4.3 mk7 rom has bootloader in it. Shouldn't take 20 minutes max to be on newest custom rom ie EzKat or rom of trhrones.
22nd October 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #324  

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote74

Yes as the 4.3 mk7 rom has bootloader in it. Shouldn't take 20 minutes max to be on newest custom rom ie EzKat or rom of trhrones.

Oh okay.

So DL 4.3 with MK7 > Flash through Odin > Boot > Go back to Odin and flash TWRP > Reboot to Recovery > Flash EzKat > Success?

Edit: Btw, do you think this is the reason why I'm having very horrible battery on 4.4 ROMs?
22nd October 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #325  
Flag oklahoma city

3,913 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh okay.

So DL 4.3 with MK7 > Flash through Odin > Boot > Go back to Odin and flash TWRP > Reboot to Recovery > Flash EzKat > Success?

Edit: Btw, do you think this is the reason why I'm having very horrible battery on 4.4 ROMs?

Could be but it's hard to say as a lot of variables can cause bad battery aosp roms are usually worse on battery vs TouchWiz roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to cnote74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #326  
Thanks Meter: 453

555 posts
Quote:

Oh okay.

Just so you know, going to MK7 still isn't going to help with the wifi problem with 4.4 ROM's. You will still need to use agni kernel to get wifi to work. (or wifi patch)

Just to clarify... It's not a bad idea to start over from fresh stock ROM. Flashing a stock ROM may fix some problems, like corrupt files, but any 4.4 ROM needs a 4.4 bootloader to get wifi without a kernel change. If you have a t889 it isn't possible, so, you will still need to flash Agni.

Just so you know, I'm still on 4.1.2 bootloader and 4.4 ROM's work fine for me using Agni kernel.

BTW... If you are going to flash EZkat, you need to flash MK7 modem after install. That ROM has a modem in it for AT&T. Read the instructions in the 1st post for that ROM.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to kozmo21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #327  

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo21

Just so you know, going to MK7 still isn't going to help with the wifi problem with 4.4 ROM's. You will still need to use agni kernel to get wifi to work. (or wifi patch)

Just to clarify... It's not a bad idea to start over from fresh stock ROM. Flashing a stock ROM may fix some problems, like corrupt files, but any 4.4 ROM needs a 4.4 bootloader to get wifi without a kernel change. If you have a t889 it isn't possible, so, you will still need to flash Agni.

Just so you know, I'm still on 4.1.2 bootloader and 4.4 ROM's work fine for me using Agni kernel.

BTW... If you are going to flash EZkat, you need to flash MK7 modem after install. That ROM has a modem in it for AT&T. Read the instructions in the 1st post for that ROM.

Good luck

Ah, well I updated to the stock 4.3 through Odin and now I'm stuck on the T-Mobile boot screen. I've wiped cache and stuff. Flashed it twice. Still stuck on this. I don't think it's bricked. Help?
22nd October 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #328  
Flag oklahoma city

3,913 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah, well I updated to the stock 4.3 through Odin and now I'm stuck on the T-Mobile boot screen. I've wiped cache and stuff. Flashed it twice. Still stuck on this. I don't think it's bricked. Help?

After flashing immediately boot into recovery and do a factory reset to get it to boot up.

The Following User Says Thank You to cnote74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread