No registration required

[DEV][HOW TO]Enable S5 Grid/List View in S4 SecSettings

OP IganKuhz

23rd June 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 264

199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajumper

The grid style is not working good an example battery icon gives language etc... when i change to list everything works good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53096068

SHV-E300K
The Following User Says Thank You to karkasss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 167

923 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IganKuhz

Hello to all Developers and XDA members!!

I have come here to give you a couple of guides on how to enable some S5 Features and other good stuff so here is how you can do it! This guide is only for I9505, I do not know if it can be apply in other variants.
Some mods are based on other dev mods. It took me a lot of time to understand how they did it because they did not share any guide.

What Is Required:
★ Willing of learning and some patience and cold nerves!
★ Yoy need to have experience and know how to decompile/recompile apks with Apktools, apkmanager, smali, and baksmali
★ Have 7-zip installed onto your computer/laptop
★ Make sure you have Notepad++ also installed!

HOW TO ENABLE S5 GRID/LIST VIEW
WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO: This mod will let you enable grid/list view in the SecSettings.

★ Go into your system/priv-app folder and take out your "SecSettings.apk"
★ Then use one of the applications such as apktools or baksmali and then use the commands to decompile the SecMms.apk
★ Once you have decompiled the SecSettings.apk, go to:

Now open up "GridSettings.smali" with your notepad++ for editing.

Now for this part of this guide what I have highlighted in "GREEN" text is what you have to find using Notepad++, What you see in "RED" is the line you have to remove/delete completely, And also what you see in "BLUE" is the line you have to make changes to:

SEARCH FOR:

Code:
.method public onCreateOptionsMenu(Landroid/view/Menu;)Z
Now ADD

Code:
    const v3, 0x7f020013

invoke-interface {v2, v3}, Landroid/view/MenuItem;->setIcon(I)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

const/4 v3, 0x5

invoke-interface {v2, v3}, Landroid/view/MenuItem;->setShowAsActionFlags(I)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

:cond_0
    const/16 v0, 0xc9

const v1, 0x7f090027

invoke-interface {p1, v3, v0, v3, v1}, Landroid/view/Menu;->add(IIII)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

move-result-object v0

new-instance v1, Landroid/content/Intent;

const-class v2, Lcom/android/settings/GridSettings;

invoke-direct {v1, p0, v2}, Landroid/content/Intent;-><init>(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/Class;)V

invoke-interface {v0, v1}, Landroid/view/MenuItem;->setIntent(Landroid/content/Intent;)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

const/16 v3, 0xca

const v4, 0x7f09002b

invoke-interface {p1, v5, v3, v5, v4}, Landroid/view/Menu;->add(IIII)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

move-result-object v1

invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/settings/GridSettings;->makeFavoriteIntent()Landroid/content/Intent;

move-result-object v0

invoke-interface {v1, v0}, Landroid/view/MenuItem;->setIntent(Landroid/content/Intent;)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

:cond_1
    invoke-super {p0, p1}, Landroid/app/Activity;->onCreateOptionsMenu(Landroid/view/Menu;)Z

move-result v3

return v3
.end method
Once done save your changes. now go to:

Now CHANGE THIS LINES TO:

Code:
<bool name="settings_list">true</bool>
Code:
<bool name="settings_list">false</bool>
and

Code:
<bool name="settings_grid">false</bool>
Code:
<bool name="settings_grid">true</bool>
This will remove second SecSetting icon in draw menu.

Once done now save changes, Recompile your SecSettings.apk and that's it your DONE!!!

If this help you give me credits, I have spend many hours doing this.

OK. This is for you my friends, As you ask me. Many more HOW TO are coming.
@XxeAgLeAnGeLxX @oracle01642 @karkasss @citymen34 @Chaos ^_^

When decompiling SecSettings, do you install the S5 framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk, or the S4 framework apk's?
18th July 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #23  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 17

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
siempre lo dire eres un master bro, es un placer poder probar tu desarrollo y mas aun que lo compartas estoy realmente agradecido muchas gracias!!!
18th July 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 150

484 posts
More
Stock Framework
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle01642

When decompiling SecSettings, do you install the S5 framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk, or the S4 framework apk's?

Install the stock framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk not a custom or modded one
22nd July 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #25  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 49

158 posts
More
Dear OP, I've searched high and low to get the M919 secSettings.apk working with S5 mod, mainly to keep wifi-calling. while your mod and other s5 mods works on the tmobile variant system, the secSettings from the international s4 does not include wifi-calling, hence no way to use it. Could you please help me get this working for the M919?

what i am asking, is to get secSettings.apk from m919 NB4 modded to look like the s5 while keeping wifi-calling....simply put, is it possible?
I've followed various how-to tutorials such as this one, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783907 and this one, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2661715, but after installing the new compiled apk, it is simply not recognized by the system. But I am still trying...
anyways, could you looking into this if time permits? if so, thanks, if not, thanks any way.

heres a link to twframework-res.apk, framework-res.apk, secSettings.apk and even SystemUi.apk. These files are from T-mobile M919 NB4 4.4.2 KK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61...it?usp=sharing
23rd July 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #26  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 17,822

7,748 posts
More
Sorry to ask guys but seen a number of comments saying it doesnt work on i9500. I just built for my i9500 from this guide and seems to work fine, what part doesnt work exactly? Also any tips to remove the extra network connections header or am i the only one who gets that?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1406070393339.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	2865822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-23-02-32-36.png
Views:	281
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	2866044  
Last edited by bombaybadboy; 23rd July 2014 at 03:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bombaybadboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 61

617 posts
Who has the s5 settings Works well with XXUFNC1 i9500
Please if you can share it with me?
19th September 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #28  
Flag muara wahau (borneo)
Thanks Meter: 52

252 posts
More
I will try sir
22nd October 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 167

923 posts
More
@IganKuhz I have a great modded version of the S5 SecSettings, the only problem is, airplane mode and increase touch sensitivity don't work in list view. Do you know how to get those options working properly in list view? Thanks.
Last edited by oracle01642; 22nd October 2014 at 03:36 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread