28th August 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #291  
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 647

1,136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe.tan

good weekly michael. . but in the latest build(aug19) i'm getting error of gps. . it was turn on but cannot give me location. . ca n u test it?

Sometimes in between flashing it is good to install the stock sense build and verify the gps there. Then go right back to the nandroid of what you were using. Many times that fixes it.
29th August 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #292  
Thanks Meter: 87

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterTots

Sometimes in between flashing it is good to install the stock sense build and verify the gps there. Then go right back to the nandroid of what you were using. Many times that fixes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe.tan

good weekly michael. . but in the latest build(aug19) i'm getting error of gps. . it was turn on but cannot give me location. . ca n u test it?

I found a thread on the Jewel GPS, but it's really just confirming what NaterTots said... I did post a newer build, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to ocarinaz64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #293  
Flag surabaya
Thanks Meter: 11

46 posts
More
@NaterTots : well. . my gps worked perfectly in slimkat 4.9(by goblinz). . n now i'm in vipers rom n i can confirm that my gps is running fine too
@ocarinaz 64 : i have tested aug 26 's build n my gps was same as like what i said before. . i will try to clean flash n makes sure about that. . thx
24th September 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #294  

109 posts
I just posted a brand new 8.0 stable build earlier today. I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but it should be golden. I've been using AOKP for a while now.
2nd October 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #295  

109 posts
I posted a new build. I had tried to get -O3 flags working, but failed. So I rebuilt the entire tree again. This time I did test it, and everything works except for that same old snag on the install process. It's not a big deal, but annoying. This build is SlimKat 8.2 Weekly.
12th October 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #296  
Thanks Meter: 4

59 posts
Smile
Hi,

I flashed the lastest version, but found the bluetooth keyboard cannot work.

The syptoms are, either the phone cannot detect the bluetooth keyboard,
or cannot respond to keyboard event even if it had been paired after entering some codes.

The latter senario is really strange. Sure I tested the bluetooth keyboard on other devices, and ensured it's working.

I'll appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks.
13th October 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #297  
Flag Granite Bay, California
Thanks Meter: 388

1,080 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taller238

Hi,

I flashed the lastest version, but found the bluetooth keyboard cannot work.

The syptoms are, either the phone cannot detect the bluetooth keyboard,
or cannot respond to keyboard event even if it had been paired after entering some codes.

The latter senario is really strange. Sure I tested the bluetooth keyboard on other devices, and ensured it's working.

I'll appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Flash a different rom, preferably Sense to test your phone and make sure there wasn't some obscure hardware failure. If everything checks out there, it's the rom's fault. New build may have broken BT keyboard.
13th October 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #298  
Thanks Meter: 4

59 posts
Wink
update: I found similar complaining of the BT keyboard issue.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735290
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2530245&page=2
In fact I changed to other roms like liquidsmooth 3.2 (4.4.4), which has the same problem.
So I shall say it's more related to the underlying 4.4.X, instead of a specific rom on top of it.
But I'm still interested to learn any solution to this, if anyone can confirm the same problem.

Thanks.

I knew my phone was working well with BT keyboard before.
So I'm pretty sure it's due to the ROM.
I must add that
A. This rom is only not working on BT KEYBOARD, but working well with BT HEADPHONE;
B. This rom can pair to the BT KEYBOARD, but cannot response to any key strokes, like the BT KEYBOARD not existing.

I look forward anyone here can correct me by a simple repeating.
I tried two of PS3 mediaboard BT keyboards, and one ipad BT keyboard, both with the same strange symtom. And sure on unlocked Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE with this ROM in OP.

I wish it's my problem, at least no need to bother the gurus here

Thanks in advance to any possible helps. But first, just bother urself by trying one muinute to connect your BT keyboard, b/c I've been doubting myself for such a simple fact for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007

Flash a different rom, preferably Sense to test your phone and make sure there wasn't some obscure hardware failure. If everything checks out there, it's the rom's fault. New build may have broken BT keyboard.

Last edited by taller238; 14th October 2014 at 10:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to taller238 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #299  

109 posts
I got another build posted. I did notice that in the repo sync a lot of sources had changed to the "Android L Preview". It's worth trying, and seeing how it works for you. I haven't even loaded it up yet myself.

EDIT - I did load it myself. For those of you who are feeling brave, I would encourage you at least to be cautious if you want to encrypt your phone. Make sure you have a backup if you try it. I did it and it broke WIFI, then I fiddled some more, but it wouldn't connect with Google, even though WIFI did work. For now, my phone is encrypted and working fine, but I had to revert to my previous version of SlimKat. So I'm losing out on the recent updates.
Last edited by ocarinaz64; 23rd October 2014 at 05:21 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread