[how to] lock/unlock your bootloader without htcdev(s-off required)

OP scotty1223

17th October 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #171  
Flag Somewhere in the digital space
Thanks Meter: 93

517 posts
More
Hi, i relocked the bootloader via the OP's instuctions.
How do I unroot? HTC ONE M8
17th October 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 139

1,039 posts
You should make a little installable app with lock and unlock actions for s-off users, ive said this before but ive made them executable and it works, but im not good enough to actually do it properly.
18th October 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #173  
Thanks Meter: 136

1,330 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe323

You should make a little installable app with lock and unlock actions for s-off users, ive said this before but ive made them executable and it works, but im not good enough to actually do it properly.

What's the benefit of that? The only time I lock mine is when running the signed T-Mobile ruu when new ota's come out

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd October 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 440

2,217 posts
Here's my scenario. I'm soff. Locked boot loader. And cannot gain root access. My phone is. Soff though. I took the its today from t mobile and now I cannot get my phone rooted because I cannot unlock my boot loader. I used sunshine apk to unlock and now I can't get twrp to install because of locked boot loader. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
22nd October 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #175  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,367

2,304 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII

Here's my scenario. I'm soff. Locked boot loader. And cannot gain root access. My phone is. Soff though. I took the its today from t mobile and now I cannot get my phone rooted because I cannot unlock my boot loader. I used sunshine apk to unlock and now I can't get twrp to install because of locked boot loader. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Your scenario is not unique and has been discussed. You'll need to pack your recovery image with an android info text document and install the zip file via ruu mode or hboot.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2
22nd October 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #176  
Thanks Meter: 139

1,039 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by otariq

What's the benefit of that? The only time I lock mine is when running the signed T-Mobile ruu when new ota's come out

Its so much better and safer imho, don't have to worry about making a mistake. Ive made 2 scripts, they boot to bootloader after running them to show you the status, I don't have to enter the terminal or worry about typing something wrong.
Yesterday, 12:03 AM   |  #177  
OP Senior Member

2,304 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by otariq

For what it's worth,you don't need to lock it at all if you're s off. You can run ruu's and accept ota's just fine while unlocked.
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 12:10 AM   |  #178  
OP Senior Member

2,304 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe323

I personally think it's good for folks to have some basic knowledge/skill/condidence of using adb and manipulating the phone in a cmd window.

Hopefully for some it's the difference in fixing their device quickly and smoothly instead of having to learn and set up adb in a fustrated panic.

This is why I do things the way I do. If you'd like an app,go ahead and make one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread