Galaxy S3 - Kitkat Discussion Thread

OP TheLastSidekick

18th October 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #311  
Flag Stroud, OK
Thanks Meter: 200

300 posts
More
Not saying I believe her or not. And that may very well be Tmobile official stance on the subject. However, sounds like a person who does not know technology is answering their emails. Tmobile needs to find people to answer their emails that won't insult our intelligence.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

And if I was the person that got that email response, I would quickly respond asking them to explain why every other carrier that has an s3, which are all dual core get updated.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

That response just irks me at my core. Both cores.
The Following User Says Thank You to calexchelse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #312  
Thanks Meter: 700

1,743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovPanda

Don't know if true or not but was posted on the tmobile s3 forum

Dear Mr. xxxx:
*snip*
"

</thread> Kinda surprised this thread is still open. What's left to discuss (if anything) should be left to the respective TouchWiz KitKat ports and AOSP threads, in my opinion. This thread shall continue to be the go-to thread to vent frustrations regarding the 'update'...until AOSP Lollipop appears for us. CM11 M11 is excellent, along with the S3rx 4.4.2 port (except the GPS part taking long to wake up). I suggest either of those to end the "wait".
The Following User Says Thank You to nirogu325 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #313  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,476

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Don't know if true or not but was posted on the tmobile s3 forum

Dear Mr. xxxx:
T-Mobile USA, Inc. ("T-Mobile") is in receipt your email dated October 14, 2014, that you submitted concerning the above referenced account.
T-Mobile regrets any inconvenience that you have experienced in regards to a KitKat 4.4.4 update for your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 handset.* It is important to note that the releases of operating system updates are at the discretion of the manufacturer.* Handset manufacturers go through extensive testing to ensure that all components of the software enhancements included in the update are compatible with the hardware of the device.* After approval by the manufacturer, it is released by T-Mobile.
Please be advised that T-Mobile works very closely with the manufactures and are always looking at ways to improve our customerís experiences.**Based on the manufactures recommendations, T-Mobile has made the determination not to update the T-Mobile*Samsung Galaxy S3*software any further due to the T-Mobile*Samsung Galaxy S3 having a dual core processor not the quad core processor it would need to function properly on the KitKat 4.4.4 OS.* We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.* If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at*877-290-6323 extension 341
Very truly yours,
T-MOBILE USA, INC.
Carla Steele
Executive Response
Office of the President/CEO
Desk:*877-290-6323 ext. 341

"

I would definitely file this under the "canned response" category. It has absolutely zero to do with our processor, as stated in the post above. But their explanation of how the process of approving updates is pretty much all wrong.

They are just trying to place the blame on Samsung is what I'm taking away from that. Probably they are tired of all the questions and complaints and figured it's an easy way out....if I had to guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #314  
Thanks Meter: 11

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirogu325

</thread> Kinda surprised this thread is still open. What's left to discuss (if anything) should be left to the respective TouchWiz KitKat ports and AOSP threads, in my opinion. This thread shall continue to be the go-to thread to vent frustrations regarding the 'update'...until AOSP Lollipop appears for us. CM11 M11 is excellent, along with the S3rx 4.4.2 port (except the GPS part taking long to wake up). I suggest either of those to end the "wait".

That has been suggested alot already but the issue for me anyways was keeping wifi calling, cm11 is great and all but wifi calling is feature I need right now and probably others to. For the email I think it might be a good time for others to try to send a response since it does seem they are tired of messages and actually responding some what properly
Last edited by SovPanda; 18th October 2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: quote
18th October 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #315  
Thanks Meter: 700

1,743 posts
More
Quote:

That has been suggested alot already but the issue for me anyways was keeping wifi calling, cm11 is great and all but wifi calling is feature I need right now and probably others to. For the email I think it might be a good time for others to try to send a response since it does seem they are tired of messages and actually responding some what properly

They will only tell you 4.3 is for you. Believe me, I've even tried sending them a message through several channels, including FB, only to receive another canned response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-mobile Facebook page

Hi _____, we don't have any specific information to provide on a 4.4.2 update, and any information available will be posted here: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4446. - Erika

And then I received another one where they said they only provide updates if they determine it will bring improvements, but then they deleted their and my post (cannot find it through an Activity Log search). So yes, if you want Wi-Fi Calling, keep 4.3 or earlier in hand. This reminds me of this recent post of mine.
23rd October 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #316  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,104

3,196 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lollipop is awesome guys. When you guys get it on AOSP I'd recommend you go to it post haste. If you're going to need WiFi calling just try using Google Voice Number and Google Dialer on WiFi.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread