[ROM][MOAR][NE5] v2.1 / Music Control / Epic Awesomeness / How Many Mods!? [9.5.14]

OP rompnit

Yesterday, 01:38 PM   |  #4391  
Flag Sunset
Thanks Meter: 1,822

1,264 posts
More
Link to FAQ's has been moved to a separate thread in the Q&A's section. This way we many be able to cut down on posting many questions that have been answered here and/or can be searched and answered in the proper place.
@rompnit: If you could update the OP to reflect the new location. Thanks
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ramer84015 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:59 PM   |  #4392  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 18,909

8,402 posts
Donate to Me
More
Flashlight Mod Revision 3

This addon will work with MOAR New Stuff v1.7 ONLY.

New Addition:
- Added Long-press Back to Kill Mod

Important Note:
- The Back (Long-press) key is normally used for Multi-Windows.
Enabling Multi-Windows automatically disables this mod to prevent conflicts.
- This is automatically enabled, there is no toggle or anything else required to enable this feature.

This file can also be downloaded from the thread MOAR New Stuff for MOAR ROM V2.1
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 03:30 PM   |  #4393  
Flag Sunset

1,264 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

Flashlight Mod Revision 3

This addon will work with MOAR New Stuff v1.7 ONLY.

New Addition:

Important Note:
- The Back (Long-press) key is normally used for Multi-Windows.
Enabling Multi-Windows automatically disables this mod to prevent conflicts.
- This is automatically enabled, there is no toggle or anything else required to enable this feature.

This file can also be downloaded from the thread MOAR New Stuff for MOAR ROM V2.1

Not sure if this is the intention, but after installing, I long press the back key and I get a short haptic feedback with no on-screen message. Bringing up Recent apps still show the apps I had open. When I click on the Memory Cleaner toggle it told me Killed Tasks 52.
Last edited by Ramer84015; Yesterday at 03:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ramer84015 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 03:43 PM   |  #4394  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 18,909

8,402 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer84015

Not sure if this is the intention, but after installing, I long press the back key and I get a short haptic feedback with no on-screen message. Bringing up Recent apps still show the apps I had open.

I never bothered disabling haptic feedback for long press. You must have an app open to get the on-screen message and for the back to kill to have something to work on. Did you just try it from the desktop without having an app open?

As for Recent Apps, I don't think the kill app feature ever did remove the app from the list did it? I also think Recent Apps just shows a 'history' of recently opened apps, it doesn't show which ones are running in the background.
BUT, if you open recent apps, the little pie chart shortcut on the bottom left brings up active applications too.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

And the memory cleaner kills stuff we can't normally get to easily.
The back to kill, just terminates the foreground app only.

Edit: Also, Memory Cleaner only kills background tasks, it does not kill the foreground app.
Last edited by tdunham; Yesterday at 03:40 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 04:50 PM   |  #4395  
Flag Enfield, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 273

156 posts
More
@rompnit,just noticed something with the great inverted theme you are working on,its looking real sweet,but in the stock internet browser settings some of the text is still back and being blended in with the BG,here's a screen shot so you can see what I mean ,first is just a reference shot,second is one to show the text while holding the button on,thanks for the hard work and its looking fantastic I love the blacked out look
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1413992865369.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (90.0 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg 1413992882426.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (94.4 KB, 196 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willowmaker420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:21 PM   |  #4396  
Flag Sunset

1,264 posts
More
Quote:

I never bothered disabling haptic feedback for long press. You must have an app open to get the on-screen message and for the back to kill to have something to work on. Did you just try it from the desktop without having an app open?

As for Recent Apps, I don't think the kill app feature ever did remove the app from the list did it? I also think Recent Apps just shows a 'history' of recently opened apps, it doesn't show which ones are running in the background.
BUT, if you open recent apps, the little pie chart shortcut on the bottom left brings up active applications too.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

And the memory cleaner kills stuff we can't normally get to easily.
The back to kill, just terminates the foreground app only.

Edit: Also, Memory Cleaner only kills background tasks, it does not kill the foreground app.

You are correct! I misinterpreted what it was for. I like it
The Following User Says Thank You to Ramer84015 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:03 PM   |  #4397  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Granger, IN
Thanks Meter: 17,269

2,836 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowmaker420

@rompnit,just noticed something with the great inverted theme you are working on,its looking real sweet,but in the stock internet browser settings some of the text is still back and being blended in with the BG,here's a screen shot so you can see what I mean ,first is just a reference shot,second is one to show the text while holding the button on,thanks for the hard work and its looking fantastic I love the blacked out look

I will post the fix after work.. It's the apps pulling from the holo_light xml.. I need to revert that back, but that shouldn't affect anything else. Looks to now affect email settings, gmail settings, and the backdrop on hangouts.

Sent from my SM-G900P
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rompnit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:21 PM   |  #4398  
Thanks Meter: 8

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer84015

If you're on a PC, click on the links in my signature and check out the user guide and FAQ's. There's a kill feature that you can implement into the Home Button (either double, triple and long-press). I think you'll find MOAR has just about every feature that can be thought up by our talented developers @rompnit and @tdunham.

I've read the guides and know about the options for the Home button. I'm impressed with the triple-press and the level of configurability. Please don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of the functionality in this ROM and the talented developers who make it happen.

Quote:

New Addition:

Well that sure didn't take long, did it.
The Following User Says Thank You to WarAxe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 12:31 AM   |  #4399  
Flag Sunset

1,264 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe

I've read the guides and know about the options for the Home button. I'm impressed with the triple-press and the level of configurability. Please don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of the functionality in this ROM and the talented developers who make it happen.

Well that sure didn't take long, did it.

You didn't say anything wrong As you can see, when someone gives @tdunham an idea that's doable, he's a major talent.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ramer84015 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 12:56 AM   |  #4400  
Flag Spring
Thanks Meter: 274

414 posts
More
I've been thinking about the back button long press kill feature for the longest! @tdunham you are amazing!
How about a way to set the power button to do something when the screen is off like the volume rockers do when you hold them down. Like maybe turn on the torch for quick light, or pause and play the music just in case your headphones don't have the buttons for it. Just an idea

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome, moar, morphology, rompnit, speed
Previous Thread Next Thread