Stock International Boot/Shutdown animation & Sound - Remove T-Mobile Boot Logo

OP theusername

17th May 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #21  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
More
Will this also work on Galaxy S3 LTE (GT-9305) ?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

OK, I tried myself. The boot & shutdown animations worked perfectly
Last edited by santidoo; 17th May 2014 at 12:44 PM.
1st June 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Who made the zip file in the OP? I certainly hope it wasn't the same person who wrote this thread because I cannot fathom what it would take to add superfluous files to something like this and then hardly have any section in your post that mentions them. What are the shutdown.qmg and shutdown.qmg.cover files doing in there if we aren't supposed to transfer them?

EDIT: Also, they didn't work at all for me.
EDIT2: Had to restore phone to get the lock button working again. A word of advice to OP: try debugging your files before releasing them to people publicly. Thanks.
Last edited by ffstudios; 1st June 2014 at 11:23 PM.
3rd June 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #23  
Silicon Valley
Thanks Meter: 137

829 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffstudios

Who made the zip file in the OP? I certainly hope it wasn't the same person who wrote this thread because I cannot fathom what it would take to add superfluous files to something like this and then hardly have any section in your post that mentions them. What are the shutdown.qmg and shutdown.qmg.cover files doing in there if we aren't supposed to transfer them?

EDIT: Also, they didn't work at all for me.
EDIT2: Had to restore phone to get the lock button working again. A word of advice to OP: try debugging your files before releasing them to people publicly. Thanks.

The zip file is not supposed to be flashed in case you didn't already know. I've been using this bootanimation, after reading the instructions in the OP, and not had any problems. If you didn't flash them, and copied them like you were supposed to, then perhaps the shutdown files are to blame. I don't know, I just came back here if there was an explanation for those. Did you copy the shutdowns and set their permissions correctly and THEN have an issue?
22nd June 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #24  
Flag Valrico, FL
Thanks Meter: 565

1,322 posts
More
Used the OP zip file, followed the instructions and removed the T-Mobile boot and shutdown animations. Works great . Don't forget to set the permissions, very important!
4th September 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 40

919 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb813

Used the OP zip file, followed the instructions and removed the T-Mobile boot and shutdown animations. Works great . Don't forget to set the permissions, very important!

How I can remove T-Mobile shutdown animation and souns? I tried all atahed files in this thread and I cannot got original Samsung shutdown animation and sound. Can somebody attached this "qmg" and "ogg" files ?

Thanks forwarding

Regards
7th September 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 40

919 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miro666

How I can remove T-Mobile shutdown animation and souns? I tried all atahed files in this thread and I cannot got original Samsung shutdown animation and sound. Can somebody attached this "qmg" and "ogg" files ?

Thanks forwarding

Regards

OK, once again, somebody help me:

How i can remove T-Mobile shutdown animation and sound, and excange with Samsung stock shutdown animation and sound? Boot animation and sound i was succefully make with OP instruction, but stay T mobile carrier shutdown animation and sound...

Anybody?

Thanks forwarding

Regards
22nd September 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #27  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
I'm going to assume that I am going to have to ROOT my phone in order to do this?

BTW If anyone wants a cool boot sound let me know and I will link it in dropbox.

It's Cerebro from X-men scanning and unlocking saying "welcome Professor"
23rd October 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Late to the party but there seemed to be some confusion over what all the files in the OP's zip did, so here's a quick rundown (so you know what's safe to use or ignore). Bear in mind the OP's zip isn't intended to be flashable! Use Root Explorer or similar to manually copy/replace the files.

bootsamsung.qmg (MANDATORY)
Stock T-Mob: Animated, colorful Samsung "explosion" logo (black background)
International: Animated, colorful Samsung "explosion" logo (black background)

First startup animation. Identical for both the stock T-Mobile and International versions. You must have a bootsamsung.qmg file. If you do not, you will not be able to get a lockscreen again after the phone has booted and has been unlocked once, either by pressing the power button or by letting the screen timeout. (It also causes persistent brightness problems any time the screen dims, and it looks ugly as the initial post-boot lockscreen components render from black piece by piece, but those are hardly the main issues here!)

bootsamsungloop.qmg (OPTIONAL)
Stock T-Mob: Static "T-Mobile 4G LTE" logo (white background)
International: Animated Samsung logo with particle effects (black background). A direct continuation of the bootsamsung.qmg animation

Second, optional startup animation. It will continue to loop after the first animation has finished until the phone has fully booted. If you delete bootsamsungloop.qmg, the phone will just continue to display the final frame of the first animation until it's fully booted.

bootsamsungmini.qmg (OPTIONAL ??)
Alternate startup animation used when the S-View cover is in use. Sadly I don't have an S-View cover to test with, so I can't tell you what they look like. This is optional if you do not use an S-View cover (at least I can see no ill effects). However I don't know whether deleting this file will cause lockscreen problems if you do use an S-View cover.

bootsamsungminiloop.qmg (OPTIONAL)
Similar to bootsamsungloop.qmg, this is a second, optional startup animation that plays after the first animation (bootsamsungmini.qmg) finishes when using an S-View cover. (Again, no S-View cover to test so I can't tell you what these look like, sorry.)

shutdown.qmg
Stock T-Mob: Static, white Samsung logo followed by static T-Mobile logo screen (black background)
International: Animated, colorful Samsung "implosion" logo (black background). Almost a reverse of the International bootsamsung.qmg animation

Shutdown animation played during power off/reboot. Delete shutdown.qmg and you will simply get a popup notice reading "Power off. Shutting Down" overlaid on the home screen until the screen goes black and the device shuts down.

shutdown.qmg.cover
I believe (not certain) that this is an alternate shutdown animation when using an S-View cover. No ill effects if you delete this file altogether (obviously, since this file doesn't even exist for the stock T-Mobile ROM).

PowerOn.ogg (OPTIONAL)
Startup sound. Entirely optional, can be deleted for silent startup.
PowerOff.ogg (OPTIONAL)
Shutdown sound. Entirely optional, can be deleted for silent shutdown.
Last edited by overfloater; 23rd October 2014 at 02:43 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread