[RECOVERY LOCKED/ND3] Safestrap Recovery v3.75 [2014-06-26 B03]

OP Hashcode

Announcement from Hashcode: Safestrap: Custom Recovery for Locked Devices!
18th October 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #261  
Flag Cleveland Tx
Thanks Meter: 90

121 posts
More
I was able to create aRom Slot and bit up fine as i am in Rom slot 1 right now. I am running Dynamic Kat 4.0. Since creating the slot my phone won't restart, fast reboot, or reboot in safestrap using the options from the reboot menu. I can use the power off option and then turn the phone back on to get to safestrap. Is this a slot issue maybe, or a Rom issue. I never had a problem in stock slot.

Thanks in advance.

I know there is a Q&A spot but i haven't had any success with replies or help using it.
18th October 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #262  
Thanks Meter: 1,493

1,043 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydodge

I was able to create aRom Slot and bit up fine as i am in Rom slot 1 right now. I am running Dynamic Kat 4.0. Since creating the slot my phone won't restart, fast reboot, or reboot in safestrap using the options from the reboot menu. I can use the power off option and then turn the phone back on to get to safestrap. Is this a slot issue maybe, or a Rom issue. I never had a problem in stock slot.

Thanks in advance.

I know there is a Q&A spot but i haven't had any success with replies or help using it.

S4 users are also having the rom slot reboot bug. This seems to be due to the 2nd init loaded with the rom flashed in the slot. Not rom related. I'm still trying to solve on the s4 but in the meantime some users have been able to reboot from the rom slot using Exposed installer framework. The reboot bug should not affect stock slot.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #263  
Thanks Meter: 1,493

1,043 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

S4 users are also having the rom slot reboot bug. This seems to be due to the 2nd init loaded with the rom flashed in the slot. Not rom related. I'm still trying to solve on the s4 but in the meantime some users have been able to reboot from the rom slot using Exposed installer framework. The reboot bug should not affect stock slot.

FYI......a long press of the "Volume Down" + "Power" + "Home" will reboot the phone while on a rom slot.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #264  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Will this work with ng3?
22nd October 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #265  
Temple, TX
Thanks Meter: 117

310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damosthated162

Will this work with ng3?

Yes, just follow the root guide for ng3 in general and then this guide will get ss working for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nucleartx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #266  

3 posts
Thank you
23rd October 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #267  
Flag Cleveland Tx
Thanks Meter: 90

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

FYI......a long press of the "Volume Down" + "Power" + "Home" will reboot the phone while on a rom slot.

I did this just now and when it rebooted a screen came up and said "Your data partition was damaged, a factory reset needs to be performed to reset it" it something like that. Any ideas. I was able to flash my backup with SS but still curious. I have a AT&T galaxy S5 on Dynamic Kat 4.0.
23rd October 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #268  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydodge

I did this just now and when it rebooted a screen came up and said "Your data partition was damaged, a factory reset needs to be performed to reset it" it something like that. Any ideas. I was able to flash my backup with SS but still curious. I have a AT&T galaxy S5 on Dynamic Kat 4.0.

Same thing happened to me and I had to reflash stock via Odin. Pain in the ass, I think Its best to bebloat your own stock ROM, and also theme your own with wanam. Takes a little bit more time but seems like SS has some issue. I rebooted mine normally and boom! Damaged lol [emoji1] good luck.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread