One Plus One ALL about battery thread.How's your battery life?

Search This thread

koszor

Dec 30, 2010
Yesterday was 16 hours on battery 2 hours screen on time and my battery at 50% Just texting and internet browsing

Today I didnt touch it while at work and it dropped to 90% in 5-6 hours.... insane! (Coming from a nexus 5 hehe)

Right now im at 81% after 8 hours with one hour screen on time. Texting / Netflix on my break from work.

Last edited:

Wafflez_SE

Jan 29, 2013
Fjällbacka
967d2e77928503e80dcfc8039061c29c.jpg

19928256629307c95a9b9af1b4f0ab82.jpg

38r stock kernel mostly on WiFi and greenify some apps. And auto brightness

From my OnePlus One

tvdang7

Dec 24, 2010
So yesterday was my first time with the oneplus one . I am coming from a Nexus 5 and the average screen time i would get is 2- 2 hours and 15 minutes of screen time on LTE only. Yesterday the oneplus one did 5 hours and 20 minutes before dying on me. That is pretty insane:laugh:

PaoloMix09

Dec 7, 2012
Louisville, KY
1414042033834.jpg
This was me some days ago. Had 3% left, 8 hours. I was happy. I usually get 6-7.
This happened with a moderate use. Facebook, texting, WhatsApp, and checking clash of clans a couple times throughout the day. Brightness was a little below middle, I hate auto brightness.
Sent from crispy tocino

Last edited:

fustyler

Sep 19, 2013
5ded189d7b216f3425c195f7eb33e248.jpg
493bf99531b855d6818f172c8e3f164e.jpg

I'm currently on franco kernel r28 with paranoid rom 4.6beta5. Can anyone tell me if it's normal for Google play services to be on the list in battery?

beany>

Jul 11, 2014
Rugby
5ded189d7b216f3425c195f7eb33e248.jpg
493bf99531b855d6818f172c8e3f164e.jpg

I'm currently on franco kernel r28 with paranoid rom 4.6beta5. Can anyone tell me if it's normal for Google play services to be on the list in battery?

It's normal on CM11S, can't comment specifically on PA. Have you gone into privacy guard, selected Google Play Services by long press, and denied wake up and keep awake? That usually does the trick.

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
It's normal on CM11S, can't comment specifically on PA. Have you gone into privacy guard, selected Google Play Services by long press, and denied wake up and keep awake? That usually does the trick.

Sorry. It is not normal for any app to keep a device awake. Especially for that period of time.
You can use xposed + Unbounce app - that does the trick.
You can also use Disable services app to disable various services from GPS. All these info are found in my signature.

beany>

Jul 11, 2014
Rugby
Sorry. It is not normal for any app to keep a device awake. Especially for that period of time.
You can also use Disable services app to disable various services from GPS. All these info are found in my signature.

By "normal" I mean it does happen to many people. It shouldn't but it does. There is also normally no need to install Xposed to resolve the issue when it can be done in settings, but to each their own.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm not able to find privacy guard anywhere in settings...
Settings/Privacy/Privacy Guard

Transmitted via Bacon

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

There's no need to use an Xposed module to counter this battery drain, simply using Privacy Guard is enough to halt it.

Transmitted via Bacon

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
By "normal" I mean it does happen to many people. It shouldn't but it does. There is also normally no need to install Xposed to resolve the issue when it can be done in settings, but to each their own.

Settings/Privacy/Privacy Guard

Transmitted via Bacon

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

There's no need to use an Xposed module to counter this battery drain, simply using Privacy Guard is enough to halt it.

Transmitted via Bacon

I understand. But using Privacy guard to turn "Keep awake" to OFF for GPS, from my understanding, you will have some problems.
For example, GPS is keeping the GCM and C2DM servers up all the time (this ensures you get the push notifications from your apps in a good manor).

I haven't tested your idea, i am just posting my thinking..

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I understand. But using Privacy guard to turn "Keep awake" to OFF for GPS, from my understanding, you will have some problems.
For example, GPS is keeping the GCM and C2DM servers up all the time (this ensures you get the push notifications from your apps in a good manor).

I haven't tested your idea, i am just posting my thinking..
I've had the Keep Awake and Wake Up options for Google Play Services set to denied for months and I receive every single notification I'm meant to receive. The method has been thoroughly tested, I've posted threads detailing the process, and many members are using it with great results.

Transmitted via Bacon

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

It is not under security, and there is no privacy under settings..
It's possible that PA have removed that capability from their ROM.

Transmitted via Bacon

Last edited:

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
I've had the Keep Awake and Wake Up options for Google Play Services set to denied for months and I receive every single notification I'm meant to receive. The method has been thoroughly tested, I've posted threads detailing the process, and many members are using it with great results.
Transmitted via Bacon

Sorry.. I am interested in this and so sorry for OT (i don't own the device just yet, but lurking around the threads for this device).

How exactly do you test if this works? I mean, how do you test that the GPS will not keep the device awake?
If you navigate to Apps - Running does GPS appears?
If you navigate to Developer Options - Process Stats does GPS appear?
Is your location working correctly? (meaning, when you open Maps for example, if you get a fix)

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sorry.. I am interested in this and so sorry for OT (i don't own the device just yet, but lurking around the threads for this device).

How exactly do you test if this works? I mean, how do you test that the GPS will not keep the device awake?
If you navigate to Apps - Running does GPS appears?
If you navigate to Developer Options - Process Stats does GPS appear?
Is your location working correctly? (meaning, when you open Maps for example, if you get a fix)

You can test using various methods. GPS stops showing up as a main battery consumer in the battery stats section of your settings menu. You can also use apps like BetterBatteryStats, Gsam, Battery Monitor Widget to check how often/long GPS wakes the device.

My location still works correctly, I can get a fast fix when I use Maps and the navigation feature still works as it should. Opening weather apps shows my proper location, as does opening Google.com in a browser.

Look at the attached screenshot, you can see exactly how many times (thousands) Privacy Guard has denied GPS from waking the device.
dbda96027c9286097928b352708d6ef1.jpg

Transmitted via Bacon

Reactions: 1ceb0x

fustyler

Sep 19, 2013
You can test using various methods. GPS stops showing up as a main battery consumer in the battery stats section of your settings menu. You can also use apps like BetterBatteryStats, Gsam, Battery Monitor Widget to check how often/long GPS wakes the device.

My location still works correctly, I can get a fast fix when I use Maps and the navigation feature still works as it should. Opening weather apps shows my proper location, as does opening Google.com in a browser.

Look at the attached screenshot, you can see exactly how many times (thousands) Privacy Guard has denied GPS from waking the device.

Transmitted via Bacon

This is a really good post.
Now I just need to figure out how to do it if there is no Privacy Guard under settings in Paranoid Rom. There is something called "App Privacy" in settings -> system, but it does not list google services.

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth

Transmitted via Bacon

Thank you @timmaaa. I know about all those apps. I use BBS since a while now and i know how to read my wakelocks and all. Was just curious about your method :). Seems you are doing great with it. Will test on my side as well!
A question - do you do this for GSF? (google services framework)
Cheers and have a longer battery life!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How's your battery life using the One Plus one.Post screenshots and use case!

066a36.png
    as much as I appreciate the effort, all of these shots don't mean much. some of us here keep asking for REAL LIFE usage.
    real people with real life go to work everyday, and don't have wifi available all day long, and don't put their phone to airplane mode overnight.
    we need some 3G/LTE between 9:00 to 17:00 and no airplane mode at night, some GPS navigation perhaps..
    we need to be able to decide if this is our next phone :)

So all of these people that have posted their stats are living a fake illusion?

Your usage pattern might be different to them but that doesn't disqualify their results as valid.

There's enough out there to decide if this is your next phone or not.
    I think I might have stumbled on a way to fix the wakelock problem. By uninstalling and re-installing Google Play services updates (Settings > Apps > Google Play services > uninstall updates), the wakelock seems to be gone. I even rebooted and it's behaving as it should. The phone goes in to deep sleep. Can someone else try this and see if it works? I'm stock, not rooted.

When I first received my OPO, I updated Google Play services before the CM system update ran. Perhaps running Google Play services update after the CM update causes it to patch files that might have been overwritten by the CM update. Just a guess.

That usually does work for a while but the problem generally returns. The only real way I've found to combat this problem involves a combination of things.

First (and I'm not sure if this is relevant because I am still waiting for my OPO to be delivered) thing is to enter Privacy Guard through Settings (if it exists), then click Advanced or Show Built-In Apps. From here you can select Google Play Services and turn off everything except for location.

Next you need to download System Tuner. Open it and select the Startups option, open the box at the top and change it to All, click the button in the bottom-right until it says System, scroll to Google Play Services and select it, a huge list will open, scroll to very near the bottom and find the Wakeup option, uncheck the box.

Next you need to download Android Tuner. Open it and pull out the side menu on the left, scroll down to the Apps Manager section and select Application Manager. Click the centre box at the bottom until it says System, scroll to find Google Play Services and highlight it, press the Manage button in the bottom-right and select Permissions. This should bring you to the Perms tab, swipe across to the Services tab. In this list you want to uncheck anything that starts with Ads or Analytics, you also want to uncheck anything that starts with com.Google.android.location.reporting as well.

Doing all of this has completely stopped Play Services from draining the battery for me.

Sent from my Evita
    this my third day with OPO which is really great phone
    for battery I think it is good lasting for 1day and 7 hours for my normal use : browsing , youtube , torrent download , music , etc

It would be better with screen usage also.