[APP][4.0.3+] TimePIN - Changes your pin dynamically based on the current time

OP jcase

1st October 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #441  
Silent Hill
Thanks Meter: 148

307 posts
Donate to Me
Damn, I thought you will give something related to topic.
This is total offtopic here!
Please ask such questions via PM.
2nd October 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #442  
Silent Hill
Thanks Meter: 148

307 posts
Donate to Me
Returning back to the topic and my previous post about battery consumption.
I have performed some tests durinlg last few days.
It looks like TimePIN causes 1-2 alarms per minute - and it doesn't matter is the phone awake or not.
My question is: why it is necessary to send alarms when the phone is sleeping? No one needs to calculate security PIN in this state!
The current situation costs about 2% of battery additionally per hour.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrayJack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #443  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659 N 73.98626 W
Thanks Meter: 1,613

3,008 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJack

Returning back to the topic and my previous post about battery consumption.
I have performed some tests durinlg last few days.
It looks like TimePIN causes 1-2 alarms per minute - and it doesn't matter is the phone awake or not.
My question is: why it is necessary to send alarms when the phone is sleeping? No one needs to calculate security PIN in this state!
The current situation costs about 2% of battery additionally per hour.

Not sure why you are seeing that. When my device is in deep sleep I use just under 1.5% of battery power an hour.

---
* You can chose to ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.
8th October 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #444  
Thanks Meter: 560

744 posts
SkipLock
I use an application called SkipLock ,which is designed to disable the lock screen when I'm connected to a trusted WiFi or BT connection. This lets me skip the lockscreen when I'm at home or in the car, but have the protection of the lock screen anywhere else. Very handy. It works by changing the lock screen settings to None when connected to a trusted source, and resetting it to Pin Lock (or other) when not connected.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...skiplock&hl=en

But TimePin ignores the Lock Screen setting of "None," and locks the screen anyway. Would it be possible to make TimePin respect the Lock Screen settings?
8th October 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #445  
Thanks Meter: 44

320 posts
More
I achieve the same effect using Llama (like a simple free Tasker) to control TimePIN based on various conditions.
21st October 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #446  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 48

153 posts
More
Doesn't work on lollipop
21st October 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #447  
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 1,964

3,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronto9

Doesn't work on lollipop

Really? Shocking.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=385
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=387
21st October 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #448  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 78

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerweb

I use an application called SkipLock ,which is designed to disable the lock screen when I'm connected to a trusted WiFi or BT connection. This lets me skip the lockscreen when I'm at home or in the car, but have the protection of the lock screen anywhere else. Very handy. It works by changing the lock screen settings to None when connected to a trusted source, and resetting it to Pin Lock (or other) when not connected.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...skiplock&hl=en

But TimePin ignores the Lock Screen setting of "None," and locks the screen anyway. Would it be possible to make TimePin respect the Lock Screen settings?

if you read the information in the store on skiplock, you will see the following under its "Known limitations" section:
- SkipLock is not compatible with TimePin or any other app that controls the lock screen, except for WidgetLocker

re-read this post for possible solutions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=428
Yesterday, 04:03 AM   |  #449  
Thanks Meter: 560

744 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cLogic

if you read the information in the store on skiplock, you will see the following under its "Known limitations" section:
- SkipLock is not compatible with TimePin or any other app that controls the lock screen, except for WidgetLocker

re-read this post for possible solutions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=428

Yes, I did read the information in the store. That's why I posted here, hoping the TimePin dev might be able to make it compatible. I also asked the SkipLock Dev if there was any chance he could make that app compatible with TimePin. Thanks for the link. I will check it out.
Today, 06:55 AM   |  #450  
Flag Bali
Thanks Meter: 34

187 posts
More
EDIT: I found the solution already just a few posts up and thanked the respective posters. Sometimes better reading first before posting... Lol

I'm facing the following problem: Since yesterday the touch screen of my Nexus 4 became partially non responsive. It's a row about 2 cm high at the center of the screen. It makes it impossible to use the numbers 1, 2 and 3 on the lock screen keyboard.
Unfortunately my default pin contains one of these numbers making it impossible to access my phone.
My device is rooted and TWRP recovery is installed.

Is it possible to enter recovery and delete the time pin apk through the built in file manager?
And if yes, which files exactly do I have to delete?

My phone is not in warranty anymore so I won't buy a new touch screen. All I need is to get all my data off and transfer it to a new phone.
Thanks for help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by itenos; Today at 07:40 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Apps and Games by ThreadRank