Search This thread

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Ok!

I will build new one tomorrow.

Hello humberos,

I have built Omni ROM for honami three days ago, and the users how tested it said it is bugless!!
so I'm actually able to provide omni builds for honami as well as I'm doing for amami,
but I see you're willing to do that so I thought I should share my sources with you, they may help you.

so here they are, and note that additional-files directory is my personal files (build script and stuff) and you don't really need them,
but there are 8 cherry-peeks inside the build-it script that must be done before building, so the script actually do the automatically:cool:

https://github.com/OmarEinea/android_device_sony_honami

also you must use sony_vendor files from DonkeyCoyote's instead of TheMuppets' to make camera work!!

Hope that helps, and BTW, Huge credits goes to Jiangyi, pulser

humberos

Oct 8, 2010
Brasília
www.humberos.com.br
Hello humberos,

I have built Omni ROM for honami three days ago, and the users how tested it said it is bugless!!
so I'm actually able to provide omni builds for honami as well as I'm doing for amami,
but I see you're willing to do that so I thought I should share my sources with you, they may help you.

so here they are, and note that additional-files directory is my personal files (build script and stuff) and you don't really need them,
but there are 8 cherry-peeks inside the build-it script that must be done before building, so the script actually do the automatically:cool:

also you must use sony_vendor files from DonkeyCoyote's instead of TheMuppets' to make camera work!!

Thank you.

I am using @Jiangyi sources.
I will check your github and build new one.
So, please, could you build new one for honami and share it with us here.
I think may we should to open another thread.

Again, thank you.

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Thank you.

I am using @Jiangyi sources.
I will check your github and build new one.
So, please, could you build new one for honami and share it with us here.
I think may we should to open another thread.

Again, thank you.

Well yeah, my sources are heavily based on @Jiangyi's sources.

And yes of course I'll build a new one for honami, but my question now is;
are you suggesting to publish the new build in a new thread?
or should I wait until you tell me or you do it by your self? it is your decision to make:p

humberos

Oct 8, 2010
Brasília
www.humberos.com.br
Well yeah, my sources are heavily based on @Jiangyi's sources.

And yes of course I'll build a new one for honami, but my question now is;
are you suggesting to publish the new build in a new thread?
or should I wait until you tell me or you do it by your self? it is your decision to make:p
@Androguide.fr
What do you think about that?
Should we create a new thread?

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Hello humberos,

Thanks for all the contributions and sharing of sources, I have finally been able to build a fully working build, although Omar, when I used your script I kept getting errors compiling, so I committed the cherry picks commits manually and finally the build completed successfully, I am willing to share my build as well, anyone interested please pm me.

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Thanks for all the contributions and sharing of sources, I have finally been able to build a fully working build, although Omar, when I used your script I kept getting errors compiling, so I committed the cherry picks commits manually and finally the build completed successfully, I am willing to share my build as well, anyone interested please pm me.

in order to make my script to work on your sources, you need to delete these line:
https://github.com/OmarEinea/android_device_sony_honami/blob/omni-kk/additional-files/build-it#L3#L8

and change line #2 to indicate to your omni source directory: cd ~/sources/omni becomes /home/<your linux username>/<where ever your source is>

the lines from 3 to 8 are to make clean then sync the source then replace files from my additional-files dir so not important stuff;)

Oh and I would've been interested in your build if I had a Honami:D

turbostefan

Jun 16, 2009
Hi Omar,
I have some problems with your ROM. I cannot locate the location. Or listen to WAV files of emails.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
@Androguide.fr
What do you think about that?
Should we create a new thread?

Hey, I have opened a new thread for Omni in Android Development section: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z1/development/rom-omni-rom-builds-t2830477
also you have full access to edit the thread as you please.

Great job guys :good:
Sure, go ahead, I'll edit my OP to point to your thread.

Please do so bro..

Hi Omar,
I have some problems with your ROM. I cannot locate the location. Or listen to WAV files of emails.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Try the new build 7/28 from the new thread after doing a clean wipe and see if the problem still presents.

Last edited:

giveme13s

Sep 17, 2007
Jakarta
Hi guyz ...and bro @Androguide.fr :angel:

if u guys still building omni could u please give me a hand with this one?

trying to going thru DU but since some dayz im breaking my teeths on that:

Code:
Install: /home/alex31/DU/out/host/linux-x86/bin/dexdeps
host C++: libLLVMBitReader_3_0 <= frameworks/compile/libbcc/bcinfo/BitReader_3_0/BitcodeReader.cpp
Install: /home/alex31/DU/out/host/linux-x86/lib/libicuuc-host.so
host Java: hierarchyviewer (/home/alex31/DU/out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/hierarchyviewer_intermediates/classes)
Install: /home/alex31/DU/out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck
mdpath=`find /home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/system/lib/modules -type f -name modules.order`; if [ "$mdpath" != "" ];then mpath=`dirname $mdpath`; ko=`find $mpath/kernel -type f -name *.ko`; for i in $ko; do /home/alex31/DU/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.7/bin/arm-eabi-strip --strip-unneeded $i; mv $i /home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/system/lib/modules/; done; fi
mdpath=`find /home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/system/lib/modules -type f -name modules.order`; if [ "$mdpath" != "" ];then mpath=`dirname $mdpath`; rm -rf $mpath; fi
host C++: clang <= external/clang/tools/driver/cc1_main.cpp
host C++: clang <= external/clang/tools/driver/cc1as_main.cpp
host C++: clang <= external/clang/tools/driver/driver.cpp
libsepol.context_from_record: type rmt_exec is not defined
libsepol.context_from_record: could not create context structure
libsepol.context_from_string: could not create context structure
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert u:object_r:rmt_exec:s0 to sid
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 298 has invalid context u:object_r:rmt_exec:s0
libsepol.context_from_record: type thermald_exec is not defined
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert u:object_r:thermald_exec:s0 to sid
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 299 has invalid context u:object_r:thermald_exec:s0
libsepol.context_from_record: type mpdecision_exec is not defined
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert u:object_r:mpdecision_exec:s0 to sid
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 300 has invalid context u:object_r:mpdecision_exec:s0
libsepol.context_from_record: type qmux_exec is not defined
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert u:object_r:qmux_exec:s0 to sid
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 301 has invalid context u:object_r:qmux_exec:s0
libsepol.context_from_record: type netmgrd_exec is not defined
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert u:object_r:netmgrd_exec:s0 to sid
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 302 has invalid context u:object_r:netmgrd_exec:s0
libsepol.context_from_record: type kickstart_exec is not defined
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert u:object_r:kickstart_exec:s0 to sid
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 304 has invalid context u:object_r:kickstart_exec:s0
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert u:object_r:kickstart_exec:s0 to sid
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 305 has invalid context u:object_r:kickstart_exec:s0
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 306 has invalid context u:object_r:kickstart_exec:s0
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 307 has invalid context u:object_r:kickstart_exec:s0
libsepol.context_from_record: type bluetooth_loader_exec is not defined
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert u:object_r:bluetooth_loader_exec:s0 to sid
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts:  line 309 has invalid context u:object_r:bluetooth_loader_exec:s0
/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts: Multiple different specifications for /dev/kgsl-3d0  (u:object_r:gpu_device:s0 and u:object_r:kgsl_device:s0).
Error loading context file from /home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts
make: *** [/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts] Error 4
make: *** Deleting file `/home/alex31/DU/out/target/product/honami/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediates/file_contexts'
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Any ideas?
Try commenting out related lines in file "device/sony/qcom-common/sepolicy/file_contexts"

Reactions: Alx31

sindrefs

Jan 6, 2011
Oslo
Can't change volume

I can't change the volume when screen is locked and the hold-to-skip-song function is turned on. Why is that?

njensign

Jun 9, 2012
Kiel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROJECT IS DISCONTINUED, BUT @OmarElnea IS PROVIDING OMNI BUILDS FOR THE Z1 HERE

to2qlTI.png

I will be releasing unofficial OmniRom builds for honami on a "dailyish" basis for a while.
    Once the main bugs are resolved I will make a pull request to try and make the Z1 officially supported by Omni.

Known Bugs
    • All CM bugs

Downloads
    This ROM doesn't include the Gapps, if you want those you'll need to download them separately elsewhere.
    OmniRom does not come pre-rooted, if you need root access, please download SuperSU and flash it after the ROM.

Latest build (2014-03-15)
    Download: http://d-h.st/5za
    MD5: 2248fd157da344d00d3b8bb9846b14da​

Unofficial Features
    These are only the features that are not included in official OmniRom builds, to learn more about OmniRom's features, visit https://omnirom.org/features/
    • Multi-Window (experimental)
      [*]All-in-one Animation Control: allows you to modify all the system animations & interpolators, from keyboard to listviews to scrolling and more
    • Battery Saver Mode: Allows to turn off various battery-consuming features based on time and other events
      [*]Driving Mode: makes use of TTS to make the device speak for many useful things when drivingf (see changelogs for more info)
    • Xperia Settings: allows using an ordinary pen as a stylus, using the touchscreen with gloves on, and control vibrator intensity
    • Lockscreen sneak-peek: half-way pressed camera button displays the lockscreen and powers off the display again when released
    • Camera button: unlocks the screen and launches the camera
      [*]Notification light: allow the notification light to blink even when screen is on
      [*]Minimum Vibration Duration: allows to define the minimum amount of time the haptic feedback should vibrate
    • Kernel: built with Linaro gcc 4.7 toolchain, -O2 and many optimization flags

Sources
    You can find the device-specific sources on my github : https://github.com/OmniHonami
    The rest of the sources can be found on OmniRom's github at: https://github.com/OmniRom

Here is what you should add to your roomservice.xml in order to build this ROM:

PHP:
      <project name="OmniHonami/android_device_sony_honami" path="device/sony/honami" remote="github" revision="android-4.4" />
      <project name="OmniHonami/android_device_sony_qcom-common" path="device/sony/qcom-common" remote="github" revision="android-4.4" />
      <project name="OmniHonami/android_device_sony_rhine-common" path="device/sony/rhine-common" remote="github" revision="android-4.4" />
      <project name="OmniHonami/android_device_sony_common" path="device/sony/common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />  
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_sony_msm8974" path="kernel/sony/msm8974" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_media" path="hardware/qcom/media" groups="qcom_media" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />

(You'll also need to remove the Omni android_hardware_qcom_media entry from the default platform manifest, as roomservice.xml doesn't allow overriding of existing projects.)

Disclaimer
    The Software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall me, OmniRom, or any contributor to the code included in this project be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the Software..

Credits
    • @Kali- and the whole @FXP team for the CM device bring-up and their work in general
    • @DooMLoRD for all the commits I cherry-picked from his DoomKernel and his awesome work on Sony devices.
    • @faux123 for SoundControl and all his amazing contributions to the Android kernel community (too long to list)
    • @krabappel2548 for the commits I cherry-picked from his RevolutionKernel
    • All the other devs working on the Z1
    • Sony for the source drops

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniHonami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    Androguide.fr
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-04
    Last Updated 2014-08-01
    I haven't released anything this past couple of days as I'm working on an app to control the kernel features and some Z1-specific stuff (pen mode/glove mode, audio boost of headphone/speaker/mic/cam-mic via mixer_paths, etc...), it's almost ready for a first release, still a couple things to add.

I've found one very strange thing though while building this app, if anyone who has more experience with faux123's sound control could enlighten me:
    Modifying the faux SoundControl parameters manually through the sysfs interface doesn't work (as in the value doesn't stick):
    Code:
    echo 0 > /sys/kernel/sound_control_3/gpl_sound_control_locked
    echo "2 2" > /sys/kernel/sound_control_3/gpl_headphone_gain
    echo 1 > /sys/kernel/sound_control_3/gpl_sound_control_locked

cat /sys/kernel/sound_control_3/gpl_headphone_gain
    # output
    0 0
    This is really weird as using the faux sound app, the values are applied properly.
    At first I thought faux had implemented some kind of service watching for those values changing and changing them back to the ones saved in his app, but even with faux sound uninstalled and after a reboot, still no dice.
    Any idea guys ?

Anyways, here are some screenshots of the app in its current state (for those who know Pimp My Rom, the UI is kind of a sneak preview of the next version of PmR):

7KkwaG6.png
    POpchuF.png
    ebLNSxw.png
    DTscR6F.png
    tJqto33.png
    GmAKSZq.png
    ym8sDf7.png
    QuYTplu.png
    VqCxva9.png
    9dqh7KK.png
    W7SYpFh.png
    a8ZU69b.png

EDIT: Sound control mystery solved :D
    Unofficial

My homemade build with Omni latest updates.

http://goo.gl/pMfq6h

Just enjoy it.
    Omni Team

Hi @all

I am working on Omni Team as a Maintainer.
    At least for Aries and P1 devices (not for honami).
    I am starting to work on Honami right now, but as I told before we have a lot of work to do.
    At moment we are thinking about code merges and all rhine boad platform stuff.
    This job will take some time then relax!
    We'll get honami to nightly builds soon.
    2014-02-27 Build

Here's a new build, sorry for the break in builds this week but I had a lot on my plate and little free time.
    I'll try to stick to the nightly release cycle as much as possible.

Download
    Latest build (2014-02-27)
    Download: http://d-h.st/Ib0
    MD5: 25a8df8ae285ea7f7bb5f1f0ab4fc354

Changelog
    • General: Merged latest upstream OmniRom commits
    • Kernel:
      • added msm_cpu_freq_limit driver
      • merged upstream CM kernel commits/fixes