FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] KitKat phone answer lag

17th April 2014, 10:03 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I have tried a couple KitKat Roms (the latest being SlimKat back in March). Both ROMs had severe lag (Although SlimKat was a bit better) on bringing up the phone answer screen when a call comes in. I have been following the CM11 and SlimKat posts in the development section, but haven't been able to discern if this problem has been solved. I get the impress that it has been solved on the i9000, but so far have not seen any indication of a fix for Vibrants. Anyone know if the lag still exists. This is the one think keeping me on Jellybean.
 
 
6th May 2014, 01:01 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I just tried Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.0 and it appears that at least in this ROM the phone answer lag is gone. I did not have any issues with the answer screen coming up too slowly.
20th September 2014, 06:45 AM |#3  
Babloo1989's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantthesmith

I have tried a couple KitKat Roms (the latest being SlimKat back in March). Both ROMs had severe lag (Although SlimKat was a bit better) on bringing up the phone answer screen when a call comes in. I have been following the CM11 and SlimKat posts in the development section, but haven't been able to discern if this problem has been solved. I get the impress that it has been solved on the i9000, but so far have not seen any indication of a fix for Vibrants. Anyone know if the lag still exists. This is the one think keeping me on Jellybean.

same problem with me too bro happens only for incoming calls.... N how is slimbean 4.3 for vibrant????? or shld i shift back to 4.1.2?????
21st September 2014, 02:39 PM |#4  
RudeBwoy's Avatar
Member
Flag Jamaica
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babloo1989

same problem with me too bro happens only for incoming calls.... N how is slimbean 4.3 for vibrant????? or shld i shift back to 4.1.2?????

slimbean 4.3.1 doesn't lag for me

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to RudeBwoy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 09:23 AM |#5  
Babloo1989's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
i dont wanna shift from slimkat is there is any other better roms?????
is there is any better rom than slimkat cm11 lags a lot have tried c-rom too it's same as cm11..... i think of carbon or resurection orcyanfox roms are they good??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy_dono

slimbean 4.3.1 doesn't lag for me

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app

25th September 2014, 02:15 PM |#6  
RudeBwoy's Avatar
Member
Flag Jamaica
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babloo1989

is there is any better rom than slimkat cm11 lags a lot have tried c-rom too it's same as cm11..... i think of carbon or resurection orcyanfox roms are they good??????

never used any of those before I'm on cm11 and my only problem is the phone answer lag
The Following User Says Thank You to RudeBwoy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 03:45 AM |#7  
dzee206's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 673
 
More
The in call delay is present in all kitkat roms, some have high delay while others are not or barely noticeable. AFIAK Its due to the hardware.
The Following User Says Thank You to dzee206 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2014, 11:14 PM |#8  
Babloo1989's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzee206

The in call delay is present in all kitkat roms, some have high delay while others are not or barely noticeable. AFIAK Its due to the hardware.


using slimkat 8.6 unofficial for vibrant no answer lag, better battery using with semaphore kernal......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes