[ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] [DM] [06/12/15]

Search This thread

kika.93

Sep 24, 2007
Paris
Hi
I installed the 100214 ROM from fresh using TPtoolbox, cleaning/erasing everything with standard Gapps.
Everything works great except user profiles.
I configured 2 profiles, when switching between profiles the TP got stuck and it is impossible to hard reset.
Right now I am waiting for the battery to die, hopping everything will be fine after that.

mschumacher69

Jun 9, 2010
Hi
I installed the 100214 ROM from fresh using TPtoolbox, cleaning/erasing everything with standard Gapps.
Everything works great except user profiles.
I configured 2 profiles, when switching between profiles the TP got stuck and it is impossible to hard reset.
Right now I am waiting for the battery to die, hopping everything will be fine after that.
Hold the home and power button for a while, it should hard reboot.

kspanks04

Jan 13, 2014
Dead TP

I installed this rom using the toolbox a couple weeks ago and it worked great up until yesterday. I started getting random reboots, I put it on the touchstone last night before bed, it appeared to be charging normally but this morning it was completely dead. I've tried all the reset button combinations to no avail.

I've never had this happen, any suggestions?

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
I installed this rom using the toolbox a couple weeks ago and it worked great up until yesterday. I started getting random reboots, I put it on the touchstone last night before bed, it appeared to be charging normally but this morning it was completely dead. I've tried all the reset button combinations to no avail.

I've never had this happen, any suggestions?

Did you try plugging it into the TouchPad wall charger? Give it 24 to 48 hours on that charger. Did you try holding power and home buttons for at least a minute? If all that fails have a read here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebrick-v004/

NT

kspanks04

Jan 13, 2014
Did you try plugging it into the TouchPad wall charger? Give it 24 to 48 hours on that charger. Did you try holding power and home buttons for at least a minute? If all that fails have a read here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebrick-v004/

NT

It doesn't respond to the wall charger, the connection is touchy at times, that's why I use the touchstone. I will try leaving on the wall charger over night anyway. Home + power for 1 minute didn't do anything. Is it really plausible that I bricked it after having it working for over 2 weeks?

This is probably a really dumb question and I'm going to assume the answer is no, but I reversed the volume buttons in landscape mode, that wouldn't have any effect on hard reset button sequences would it?

Moguledyouth

Oct 3, 2007
I'm on cm-11-20141015-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin, I dirty flashed over the 10/02 build, it installed fine, however I'm experiencing weird digitizer issues where it just stops recognizing any touch input for brief periods, if I turn the screen off and back on, touch recognition comes back. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

emms007

Mar 19, 2008
Mic is back?

By any chance, does this fix to the audio system means that the Google hotword is now reliable?

garux

I have been looking in cyanogenmod settings & nova launcher in trying to add apps drawer from nova actions to toolbar at the bottom or at the noticafication bar at the top and have been unsuccessful doing a google search.

Does any one know how to add apps drawer from nova actions to toolbar or notification bar?

synchron50

Aug 11, 2012
Although I ran into some problems using Titanium Backup to restore apps/settings, I was successfully able to move on ahead from 6/25 ROM to current 10/15 ROM. Aside from the Netflix fix, this was well worth it! Really running smooth as silk now. Using TB, this doesn't get your home screens back but I'm currently rebuilding them to my liking. I noticed there's a bottom row of fixed apps you can use surrounding the 'Access Apps' icon which I don't recall. I guess there is an advantage to using TB vs regular Nandroid, although I prefer the latter.

There's around 10 or so saved settings in TB that I restored and after rebooting, sure enough, the 'android.process.acore' would not start up (see #635). Hopefully, when I get time, I'll go one by one and reboot to find the culprit. My guess is its something in Accounts settings because as of now it just says 'Owner' and not my real name.

At any rate, this is the best ROM yet!

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
I have been looking in cyanogenmod settings & nova launcher in trying to add apps drawer from nova actions to toolbar at the bottom or at the noticafication bar at the top and have been unsuccessful doing a google search.

Does any one know how to add apps drawer from nova actions to toolbar or notification bar?

Easy peasy! Long press the desktop, tap the app drawer selection. This places an app drawer icon on the desktop. Drag it to the toolbar. Haven't tried adding to notifications. Notifications is a function of Android not Nova so I doubt that will work

NT.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

It doesn't respond to the wall charger, the connection is touchy at times, that's why I use the touchstone. I will try leaving on the wall charger over night anyway. Home + power for 1 minute didn't do anything. Is it really plausible that I bricked it after having it working for over 2 weeks?

This is probably a really dumb question and I'm going to assume the answer is no, but I reversed the volume buttons in landscape mode, that wouldn't have any effect on hard reset button sequences would it?

Are you using the original HP USB cable? They are cheap and flaky. Try a different cable. It is rare that USB ports go bad, but very common that USB cables go bad. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a rhyme or reason when a TouchPad picks to become bricked. It has happened to WebOS users too, so it is not caused by Android. Letting one's TP drain down to zero seems to be the biggest cause of it happening, but sometimes folks report it happens when their tablet is fully charged. All too often, I have seen folks report it happening while their TP is charging on their TouchStone.

Hard reset is performed by pressing and holding the power and home buttons. Volume buttons have nothing to do with it. You only press and hold power/volume up when trying to place the TP in WebOS recovery mode.

You need to start reading that link I gave you.

NT

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I'm on cm-11-20141015-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin, I dirty flashed over the 10/02 build, it installed fine, however I'm experiencing weird digitizer issues where it just stops recognizing any touch input for brief periods, if I turn the screen off and back on, touch recognition comes back. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Restore your backup of 10/2 and see if it still happens. Did you remove WebOS? If not, how does it work in that? So far, I have not heard of anyone reporting digitizer issues. It may be coincidence that your digitizer has starting going bad around the same time you installed 10/15.

NT

Reactions: garux and kspanks04

garux

Easy peasy! Long press the desktop, tap the app drawer selection. This places an app drawer icon on the desktop. Drag it to the toolbar. Haven't tried adding to notifications. Notifications is a function of Android not Nova so I doubt that will work.
NT.

On every screen at the very bottom, I have three icons:

1. The Back Arrow
2. The Home
3. The Most Recent Apps

I would like to have a fourth, for the app drawer. I've tried doing what you suggested, the app drawer icon, i can't get to drag into the toolbar at the bottom.

As always, thanks for your help.

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
I already tried that :(

Holding power and home is a function of TouchPad firmware. Unless one or the other of the buttons is bad, pressing them together, sometimes longer than other times, will reset the TouchPad. Usually up to a minute will do it. Personally, I have never has to hold them more than 30 seconds.

NT

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

By any chance, does this fix to the audio system means that the Google hotword is now reliable?

Did you read post #774 where Mr. Sullins announced the release of his 10/15 Rom? Reading and searching for answers is what everyone expected to do. That post will answer your question.

NT

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

On every screen at the very bottom, I have three icons:

1. The Back Arrow
2. The Home
3. The Most Recent Apps

I would like to have a fourth, for the app drawer. I've tried doing what you suggested, the app drawer icon, i can't get to drag into the toolbar at the bottom.

As always, thanks for your help.

Those soft keys are a function of Android just like the notifications, not Nova. Pretty sure that's why you cannot place that icon, just like any icon, in that area. I just placed an app drawer icon in the toolbar that floats just above the softkeys on every menu page. In fact, I place a lot of icons there, like email, browsers, etc. That way I don't have to navigate to the main home page to access the app drawer. :laugh:

NT

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Although I ran into some problems using Titanium Backup to restore apps/settings, I was successfully able to move on ahead from 6/25 ROM to current 10/15 ROM. Aside from the Netflix fix, this was well worth it! Really running smooth as silk now. Using TB, this doesn't get your home screens back but I'm currently rebuilding them to my liking. I noticed there's a bottom row of fixed apps you can use surrounding the 'Access Apps' icon which I don't recall. I guess there is an advantage to using TB vs regular Nandroid, although I prefer the latter.

There's around 10 or so saved settings in TB that I restored and after rebooting, sure enough, the 'android.process.acore' would not start up (see #635). Hopefully, when I get time, I'll go one by one and reboot to find the culprit. My guess is its something in Accounts settings because as of now it just says 'Owner' and not my real name.

At any rate, this is the best ROM yet!

You are aware that you can use advanced restore in CWM to restore data only from a nandroid backup and this will give you everything including your lock screen and menu screen setups. I have done this numerous times and it works perfectly.

NT

Last edited:
Reactions: Chevyguy85

garux

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Those soft keys are a function of Android just like the notifications, not Nova. Pretty sure that's why you cannot place that icon, just like any icon, in that area. I just placed an app drawer icon in the toolbar that floats just above the softkeys on every menu page. In fact, I place a lot of icons there, like email, browsers, etc. That way I don't have to navigate to the main home page to access the app drawer. :laugh:

NT
http://teslacoilsw.com/nova/screenshots/Banner.png

When I say toolbar. I mean right in the black area at the very bottom where the previous key, home key & available apps are at.

** UPDATE **
Sorry, it just sunk in what you are saying. where the bottom black is for previous key & Home, they are called softkeys.

Last edited:

kspanks04

Jan 13, 2014
It actually came back on by itself. I had it on the wall charger for about an hour with no response, so I put it back on the touchstone and started getting the rocking home button light. So it was definitely dead. Its back to normal for now.
Thanks for the help, I bookmarked the debrick link, looks pretty straightforward.

sgajjala

Dec 7, 2012
Camera Doesn't work

In the recent builds of 10/02 , the camera doesn't open. Gives an error like camera app is not responding,
Is there a fix for this??

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
In the recent builds of 10/02 , the camera doesn't open. Gives an error like camera app is not responding,
Is there a fix for this??

I am on 10/2 and my camera works fine (at least as good as the meager camera built into the tablet). ? Though I can think back to when getting a working camera was news, even sideways. Very thankful to all the people who keep this tablet moving forward.

Top Liked Posts