View Poll Results: Is this guide helping you ?
Yes 40 88.89%
No 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

[GUIDE]Porting Any Custom Roms[Fastest method][Update for porting MIUI Kitkat]

OP Nasheich Xfiles

18th October 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #181  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
HEHE im sorry
sorry for not being clear in my 1st post. im just looking for someone that know about my phone .. anyway sir i tried this guide i just want to ask something when im flashing the rom that i port its always "aborted" and there is no error showed after the checking compressed blah blah .. installation aborted any idea sir ? btw thankyou for your response
18th October 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #182  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
port rom from similar device
I found your guide really interesting.
I still have some doudlts.
I'm interesting in buyng a UMI x3
The device spec are nice compared to the price (180$+shipping from HK)
The matter is: there isn't actually any kitkat based rom (that's one of the reasons why the device price has been cut down so much), neither from manufacturer, nor community.
So I was wondering if I can just take a custom mkt6592 rom (CM or AOSP based) and use your guide to have it working on the UMI. For example a Zopo 998 with has similar specs (mkt6592, fullHD display, 13Mpixel camera, dedicated camera shooting button)
How much slimmed down are the kernels out there, I mean they have native support for all of the hardware or they are trimmed down to the very little needed to the specific device?

regards
Last edited by ice.man; 18th October 2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo error
Today, 08:49 AM   |  #183  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 60

133 posts
More
Help me bros, try porting PA with CM11 as base, the ROM is booted up but the camera is missing in app drawer or home screen, check in setting>apps>all camera is exist try flashing latest gapps no avail, try installing 3rd party camera app it's says something like "please close other camera.... camera hardware is in use..."
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
porting miui, porting mokee open source project, porting pac slimkat sokp aokp aosb carbon aospa, porting rom
Previous Thread Next Thread