ShareKM - Share Keyboard and Mouse

Search This thread

quack3d

Apr 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
My method to get ShareKM working on my rooted Galaxy S4 with Cyanogenmod nightlies:

• Use the normal ShareKM from Google Play. Hardware keyboard option will then work. Remember to replace adb.exe in installation folder with newest adb.exe.
  • Use SuperSU 1.80 (newer versions is not found by ShareKM). When asked to update binary in SuperSU, choose the one that's NOT 'Normal'.
  • Clear the checkbox in SuperSU saying 'Respect CM root settings'.
  • Install Xposed framework and the module called Per App Hacking. Find ShareKM there and set Time Machine to 2014-01-01 11:00.
  • Customize keys (if you use other languages than English) like in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382479

This setup works perfectly, but thanks for the tip about MPE, I will try that too for fun.

Reactions: ploebb

Rajnus

Sep 6, 2008
Some of the reviews say the desktop App has loads of Malware. Can anyone confirm this as i don't want to ruin my work PC.

I have installed it on my office PC and office scanner did not show anything. It works quit well! It has cons and pros compared to ShareKM, but
it is nice substitute. I only miss that when I go away from mobile phone to screen turns off like in SKM.

quack3d

Apr 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
Finally got to test MPE a bit but it's not a replacement for ShareKM. It's not possible to use the device as an extra monitor. You have to use the mouse on a live image of the device. Any VNC server would do the same.

Reactions: deanster147

josemata00

Aug 19, 2009
Yaracuy - Venezuela
Hola, había usado anteriormente este programa y ahora que lo requiero nuevamente, indica un error:

ROM OzcamROM 4.2 (Android 4.4.2), Samsung I9500.

Hi, I had previously tried it and now that I testify again indicates an error:

OzcamROM ROM 4.2 (Android 4.4.2), Samsung i9500.

"WARNING: linker: /system/bin/app_process has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix."

synchromasterjv

Oct 24, 2014
Hi all;

could anyone give me a link for the usb server, i can not see the said file on the sharekm home page...seems the file is only for wifi. many thanks

Regii

Feb 28, 2011
Duisburg
As far as I know, the setup installs every server, you can choose them from the start menu then, they're different .exes

Another thing though. On my Xperia Z2 (unrooted) I tried to get ShareKM to work with USB, however ADB always sees my device as offline when I plug it in. Don't know how to fix that. =/

quack3d

Apr 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
As far as I know, the setup installs every server, you can choose them from the start menu then, they're different .exes

Another thing though. On my Xperia Z2 (unrooted) I tried to get ShareKM to work with USB, however ADB always sees my device as offline when I plug it in. Don't know how to fix that. =/

Did you replace the adb.exe with a new adb.exe from the SDK?

jdegreef

Oct 24, 2013
Brussels
I just installed from play store (version1 .0.21) and it says "beta 1 expired. Do you want to a update?" If we click yes, it opens Google Play where there's no update, if we click no it exits.
Is this project still alive ?

Miker1029

Jun 14, 2012
www.android-x86.net
Nope No longer Supported

And It hasn't been for Awhile, If you haven't, You Might Want to Check Back Through the Thread.. As I remember there wqas some success with getting it working....

Mike

mattartweb

Aug 12, 2013
Android 5.0 Lollipop

Running the modified APK and the executable with updated adb.exe while using Android 5.0 Lollipop is now throwing a "Position Independent Executables (PIE) are supported" error. I found this similar issue with Lollipop on stackoveflow. Is there anyway we can get someone to make a change to Cthulu's version to include the change noted in the stackoverflow thread?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24818902/running-a-native-library-on-android-l-error-only-position-independent-executab

sorinilidan

Oct 11, 2008
Constanța
Ok guys,did some searching on the internet,if cthulu or anyone has decompiled the source code or is in possesion of it read this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18339552/edittext-cursor-becomes-invisible-in-jellybean
The program wasn't made for 4.3 Jelly bean hence,since then,is not displaying the cursor. In the link above its the answer to the invisible cursor,if that someone whom has the code can put that line into it,the program should then display the cursor on versions newer than 4.3. I'm using the xposed route for the program and yes,its annoying without that cursor.

Reactions: 11wallace11

Ysy

Jul 25, 2010
We sorely miss SmartUX and I guess we did not take good care of him.

Each of my devices at stake here is rooted. The good part is that CthulhuTheOne's patched version runs nicely for me on ICS v4.0.4 (Sony Xperia.U), as well as on JB v4.1.1 (Medion X4701).
Unfortunately it ~doesn't~ quite run here on an nVidia/evga TegraNote 7 tablet with Kitkat v4.4.2. Both USB and WiFi ("Connecting..." forever) as well as Bluetooth fail sorely in any attempt to connect PC and tablet through ShareKM.
ShareKM when it works is bloody terrific, fantastic, magnificent, almost extra-terrestrial !
Wouldn't rebuilding and updating and improving ShareKM be a hell of an ultimately useful university project ?

Last edited:

BEBU1

Jan 19, 2013
Hi guys, is there any chance to start and connect automatically to PC via WiFi as soon as my WiFi is available?

zaper4life

Nov 5, 2014
uds Connection is failed.

I managed to get rid of the date check, the app is working again.

For Android 4.4 (4.3?):
The bug, that root access is not detected, is also fixed. Wifi is working again. Bluetooth is also reenabled, but I did not try.

I have stock Galaxy S4 GT-i9500 KitKat 4.4.2
I rooted using TWRP
I installed the amazing CthulhuTheOne APK. (Thanks bro your'e the man)
I installed the desktop SHare KM application.
I replaced all (3) ADB relate files with filed from SDK.

All I get is uds connection is failed error.

I dont have exposed or anything like it as far as I know (removed/ uninstalled).

Please help me understand how to solve it I'v been reading the thread over and over and I seem to be missing some thing.

Last edited:

Twmade

Jun 26, 2012
Why hasn't anyone made an alternative to this yet? I'd definitely pay money to use this app again without all the hassle. Seems like lots of people would!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to get rid of the date check, the app is working again.

For Android 4.4 (4.3?):
    The bug, that root access is not detected, is also fixed. Wifi is working again. Bluetooth is also reenabled, but I did not try.
    thanks for this solution, it works

and i also will use model from xposed named "per app hack" to make sure the time will be same for this app :) , i didn't know if it would work but no harm in trying :D

i will do it now and see what happen tomorrow ;)

This worked!!!!!!!
    Link: [I cannot post outside links yet; but Google "xposed per app"]

1. Your phone has to be rooted
    2. Install the xposed framework
    3. Activate the framework and reboot
    4. Install the "per-app" module for xposed
    5. Activate the module and reboot
    6. Open the per-app program, select ShareKM, and set the "Time Machine" to "2014-03-30 12:00"
    7. Reboot

Thanks os_shaheen!
    This is one of the best keyboard and mouse sharing apps Ive used. If you use your N7 near your PC a lot, this is for you.

https://sites.google.com/site/droidskm/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liveov.skm
    I have the same problem...
    I unistall and install 2 times, but the same message "ShareKM beta 1 expired. Do you want to update?"

Earlier, I tried it on my Tab 2, now I just tried it on my Note 2, and same results. :(

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Until a better workaround if found, you can do this to make it work:

1. Make sure Android device is unplugged from PC and the ShareKM app is killed on the Android device. (if you don't do this, the app will continue to cycle the update beta message)
    2. Go into your android device settings and manually set the date to 03/30/2014.
    3. Do the normal steps to connect (for me, it's fire off the ADB commands, start the PC Share KM application, and connect the PC to the Android device via USB)
    4. Once connected via ShareKVM, you can go into your system settings and set the date to auto detect.
    manually set the time to 3/30/2014, start the app, make the PC to Android connection, then reset the date to the correct date (or set it to autoset) and it'll work.

Note: You'll have to repeat these steps every time to disconnect/reconnect your device. I use this to connect my tablet to my laptop at work so I only have to connect once a day so it's not too big of a deal - just a little annoying. But it works...for now.
    Okay, it is now working on android L with a cursor on my nexus devices as well as CM12. :D
    I basically had to overhaul the dl.smali class so that it would use the android.view.SurfaceController class rather than the android.view.Surface class to create the drawable layer, then added a couple method calls from android.view.Surface to clone that into a Surface object we could manipulate.

Would have been a lot faster, but no java source = programming in smali. ;P