14th October 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #331  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 11

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhattangdi

Need Help !!

Tried installing the latest nightly with TWRP. While installing, it now shows the Green Android with "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

How do I either install the nightly or go back to a previous ROM from here.

I tried rebooting but goes back to the same screen.

Thats download mode mate not sure how you got there installing a rom?
Recovery is with the phone powered down:
Press volume up + power button + home button simultaneously
Last edited by Randles; 14th October 2014 at 05:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Randles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #332  
Flag Sedriano (MI)
Thanks Meter: 48

199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupadi

Is wifi direct working for everyone. I am not able to use wifi direct neither able to rename the device name please help.

Wifi direct is an option of the touchwiz framework only. If you like/need this feature you may install one of the 1000 Samsung-kernel based rom

Sent from somewhere with my UZgalaxyNote2
16th October 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #333  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randles

Thats download mode mate not sure how you got there installing a rom?
Recovery is with the phone powered down:
Press volume up + power button + home button simultaneously

Thanks for the suggestion.

While installing, it suddenly went into the download mode and then would not exit it. Hence the help request.
After around 5 reboots, it suddenly went into recovery and I was able to reinstall the nightly. Everything works now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rhattangdi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:06 AM   |  #334  
Flag BUjfalu
Thanks Meter: 36

316 posts
More
Custom kernels
Hi to all, have somebody experience with custom kernels, I used AGNi kernel on SAMY ROMs with great satisfaction , but on CM 11 have no infos.
Thx. in advance.
&rew
Yesterday, 09:50 AM   |  #335  
Flag Kalimpong (Darjeeling)
Thanks Meter: 57

154 posts
More
Agni works pretty good in Cm 11, however I would suggest you to use the battrty save profile as Cm11 has a high battery drain.
Yesterday, 10:55 AM   |  #336  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 224

913 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalagarwal1286

Agni works pretty good in Cm 11, however I would suggest you to use the battrty save profile as Cm11 has a high battery drain.

Which version of agni u use in cm11 roms can u post the direct dwnld link here of the version ??
Yesterday, 11:01 AM   |  #337  
Bremen, Gemany
Thanks Meter: 13

55 posts
More
Thumbs down
Hey guys! I have several very major issues with the latest Cyanogenmod releases that make my phone basically unusable. I've tried searching all over XDA and other sites and although I have found other people who are experiencing similar issues I cannot find any solutions yet. I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have a German bought Galaxy Note II, running the latest nightly, ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3 Recovery and latest SuperSU binary. I use TitaniumBackup to restore Apps + minimal system data after installing ROMs and updates and I always do a full wipe.

Here are the issues I am experiencing consistently even after full wipes:
  1. Android System UI crashes several times a day.
  2. The volume of phone calls randomly goes down and makes it completely impossible for me to hear the other side. The call volume slider is all the way up, but it doesn't help. I've found a sort of a work around that helps most times: I turn the volume all the way down, reboot and then turn it all the way up again. Usually it helps, but not always.
  3. The lock screen toggle does not always work. I am talking about the lock screen button from the quick settings. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I also used to switch it with Tasker based on a location profile (switch off when I am home) but that has stopped working too.
  4. When I put the phone to sleep and try to wake it up with the power button the screen doesn't come up very often. The buttons do come on but the screen reamains blank. It seems to me it has something to do with the lock screen app crashing.
  5. Bluetooth calling does not work very often. I would either not hear anything or I would hear a loud noise. If I turn off the bluetooth headset I usually hear again.

These issues make the ROM extremely unstable and basically unusable for me. Any ideas?
Yesterday, 01:17 PM   |  #338  
Flag Marbella
Thanks Meter: 1,289

1,003 posts
More
wording please !
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalagarwal1286

you should at least user the word "for me" if you make such statements.

i'm using cm11 on 6 devices including n7100 and I9100 and my idle usage is 1% in 8-9hours while to measure SOT is a waste due to different configs and usage and brightness etc. so my n7100 on cm11 is on par with my OnePlus One and Nexus 5 battery drain in idle mode and by no means one can generally state that CM11 is a battery hog, it's just not fair. not fair towards CM who but a lot of effort into this and not fair towards new users or new potential users who would be shied of by such false ( genererally ) statements, while i would by no means ever deny that
your observations are correct on your device. but then go an get more privy as to the causes and how to eliminate them. to bring a device to
optimized battery consumption is hard work but once understood, it can be applied to almost every device, always considering the
individual configurations and usage patterns of course
Yesterday, 02:02 PM   |  #339  
Flag Kalimpong (Darjeeling)
Thanks Meter: 57

154 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamentis

you should at least user the word "for me" if you make such statements.

i'm using cm11 on 6 devices including n7100 and I9100 and my idle usage is 1% in 8-9hours while to measure SOT is a waste due to different configs and usage and brightness etc. so my n7100 on cm11 is on par with my OnePlus One and Nexus 5 battery drain in idle mode and by no means one can generally state that CM11 is a battery hog, it's just not fair. not fair towards CM who but a lot of effort into this and not fair towards new users or new potential users who would be shied of by such false ( genererally ) statements, while i would by no means ever deny that
your observations are correct on your device. but then go an get more privy as to the causes and how to eliminate them. to bring a device to
optimized battery consumption is hard work but once understood, it can be applied to almost every device, always considering the
individual configurations and usage patterns of course

OK i m sorry for misguiding others & giving false information.
Last edited by vishalagarwal1286; Yesterday at 02:38 PM.
Today, 03:05 PM   |  #340  
Thanks Meter: 6

86 posts
How to setup message center, i can't send sms.
Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread