AllShareCast/ScreenMirror fix for custom ROMs (I9500, I9505, I9506, E330, N9005)

OP sorg

1st October 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #291  
Thanks Meter: 520

680 posts
More
Sorry man i can't get any time to try this yet, glad someone helped you @cuezaireekaa
The Following User Says Thank You to dramitt_live For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #292  
Thanks Meter: 211

342 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuezaireekaa

Thanks partner.
Having a bad night. I just burned out my MINIX x8h android TV box, AND my only laptop. Plugged the otg cable in so I can update firmware on the box and as soon as I plugged into the USB it sparked like crazy and started on fire for a few seconds. I pulled the cord out and smelled my fried devices. Lame. My phone is my only device now so I will really need it to watch TV with now. Glad this tweak will work.

Sorry I went off topic for a min there. I'm sad.
Thanks again for the response.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That's rough man, I know how that is. My note is currently my laptop as well. At least you have the right phone for the situation :P. I use "moviedroid, showbox, and unis video" along with torrents to feed my needs. If you need anything, I'll do my best to help. Good luck man
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Opensystem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #293  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg

This fix is for those who like to use AllShareCast/ScreenMirrorwhile on custom ROM (i.e. custom flag is set).

Disclamer: You apply the fix at your own risk. I'm not responsible for any software or hardware damage it can lead. The only thing i can assure is that i've tested fix on my I9500 and I9506 devices and they work fine.

Disclamer 2: I don't provide any technical support for my fixes through PM. So, please don't write PM about porting it to other ROM versions or other devices. I share what i'm doing for myself and have no intention to port it to devices i don't have.

This fix is not really fixes the problem, but turns off HDCP protection. So, the video signal will go to HDMI in clear(unprotected) form. As a side effect, this fix also will be useful for those, who has non-HDCP TV and thus cannot use Screen Mirror function.

I've made versions for 3 different SoCs, thus it should be compatible with almost full range of Samsung top devices:

Thanks you man! I've been trying other options since long time, this worked flawlessly!

Running Lidroid V2.0, Samsung I9500, Exynos processor.
Yesterday, 02:27 AM   |  #294  
Thanks Meter: 11

79 posts
More
I have the tmobile note 4 with the snapdragon 805 would it be hard to mod the libstagefright_wfd I did it in the at&the note 2
The Following User Says Thank You to alexdr1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:19 AM   |  #295  
Thanks Meter: 834

626 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdr1

I have the tmobile note 4 with the snapdragon 805 would it be hard to mod the libstagefright_wfd I did it in the at&the note 2

If you can't patch the lib file then try the build.prop mod
Yesterday, 03:21 PM   |  #296  
Thanks Meter: 11

79 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_day

Following the brief guide posted by androidrouen in #35,
Using the hdcpoff_N9005_4.4.2.zip posted by sorg and the N9005_libstagefright_wfd.so.zip posted by jackyaway,

I've managed to patch my copy of the libstagefright_wfd.so for the S5.

That's right, Galaxy S5 SM-G900 (4.4.2) !

Screen Mirroring now works for me running Omega v8.0 and ChronicKernel (SM-G900I).

@sorg feel free to add my patched lib to your OP.

Also, Don't forget to update the permissions on the patched libstagefright_wfd.so (644 (rw-r--r--))

S5 owners and rom chefs, Feel free to redistribute the patched libstagefright_wfd.so but give me some credit where its due.

Thanks to:
sorg
Tyxerakias
androidrouen

would you help me to make a copy for note 4 by pointing your changes thanks

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

i try the build.prop mod didnt work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread